Figure Skating Baby News!

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...

Tanja Szewczenko and Norman Jeschke became parents of twin boys (Leo and Luis) yesterday. They also have a ten year old daughter, Jona.
OH they are going to regret Leo and Luis. Cute on paper, not so great in practice

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
Amanda Evora is expecting a baby girl with her husband in September 2021: https://www.instagram.com/p/COIUIm4L4rs/
(CC: @HeatherC :))

I actually knew that news a couple weeks ago thanks to FB and IG friendship but thanks for sharing it here for everyone else b-c I'm a dork and didn't even think of it, LOL :lol: I'm SOOOO excited for her and her hubby! She's gonna be such a great mom! :cheer:

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
You should write a book on how to congratulate people you don't even remotely know.

You are correct, I don't know these people. I do know that twins with names that start with the same letter will have the same initials. That makes things a little trickier like labeling clothing, labeling cubbies at school, sports equipment.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
You are correct, I don't know these people. I do know that twins with names that start with the same letter will have the same initials. That makes things a little trickier like labeling clothing, labeling cubbies at school, sports equipment.
It's still their decision to have twins and to give them those names. I was actually relieved to hear that their kids have such "normal" names since (German) celebrities often tend to give their kids absolutely ridiculous names.
Some examples:

• The (now grown-up kids) of famous actor Uwe Ochsenknecht are: Wilson Gonzalez, Jimi Blue and Cheyenne Savannah
  • The kids of German "fashion"-millionaires Geiss are: Davina Shakira and Shania Tyra
  • German actor Per Kusmagk who met his wife in a very trashy reality tv show where they are all dating each other on an island while naked named his kids: Emil-Ocean and Yoko. Kid No. 3 is on the way.
  • There is a famous German trash-tv family that is known for having like 11 kids and while most of them were still little, this show was made and here is the excerpt of the mother calling all of her children for dinner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d2gqWzj8k0 My favorite is "Jeremy-Pascal".

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I think you and I have a different idea of what ridiculous names are.

Assuming the kid is only called by a first name, the names Wilson and Cheyenne are totally reasonable to me as is Shania. Even Jimi and Davina are not really that ridiculous. So that leaves Emil-Ocean and Yoko. Yoko Ono probably doesn't think her name is ridiculous but I think it would be hard to have a name associated with someone so out there. Emil-Ocean will probably go by Emil when they get older.

mrr50

Go with dissimilar twin names. My husband's name is Ron, his twin is Don. It has not been easy. My MIL couldn't keep the names straight, she solved the problem by calling them both YOU. Genius

oleada

Go with dissimilar twin names. My husband's name is Ron, his twin is Don. It has not been easy. My MIL couldn't keep the names straight, she solved the problem by calling them both YOU. Genius
Yeah, I agree with this. My husband is an identical twin and he's very glad he and his twin don't have similar names. They were seen as a unit and not individuals enough already.

Laney

Whilst my preference would be names from the Old Testament,Leo and Luis are sensible and masculine choices.

Unfortunately I have not the faintest idea who their parents are.

-BB
Tanja Szewczenko is the world Bronze medalist 1994, European bronze medalist 1998. The last female skater from Germany that won medals at the Big competitions. Norman Jeschke was a pair skater, who competed at Europeans and Worlds with Mariana Kautz and Mikkeline Kiergegaard.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I have the same first initial as my two sisters. We've all survived.
Both my kids have the same first initial. It's the same as mine but I have a different last name. They have a different middle name though.

If we had decided to give our daughter my last name, she and I would have had the same initials even with the middle name.

None of this was on purpose. It's just those were the names we liked.

ballettmaus

And if they had names that started with two different letters there could still be another child with the same initials. 🤷‍♀️

I think you and I have a different idea of what ridiculous names are.
I don't know if it has changed by now but names used to have to be approved by the authorities in Germany. When I was born, the official wasn't familiar with the spelling of my name and had to check to see if it actually was an accepted form of spelling.
I think you could name your kid Autumn because it's an accepted name in other countries but as far as I know, you couldn't name your kid "Herbst" which is the German translation and not a name but a season. So, the average German name tends to be fairly traditional.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I don't know if it has changed by now but names used to have to be approved by the authorities in Germany.
When we toured Iceland before 2008 Worlds, our guide told us that there was a similar law in Iceland. It was supposed to protect protect the language and kids from parental creativity, but it became a contentious issue when immigrants didn't want to give up their traditional names for their children.

skoppa

Living in the North
When we toured Iceland before 2008 Worlds, our guide told us that there was a similar law in Iceland. It was supposed to protect protect the language and kids from parental creativity, but it became a contentious issue when immigrants didn't want to give up their traditional names for their children.
It is still in use.
There is á counsel or something with experts in icelandic.

MsZem

I see the sea

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information