Fall 2023 - Summer 2024 New/Returning TV/Streaming Shows

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
OMG I live off of Sunset, and one of the billboards is for fellow passengers, which is Showtime/Paramount+. Since Halloween my friends have been saying how excellent it is. I watched the first episode and I’m crying. What a wonderfully produced TV show that’s strong LGBT content, I guess the book was supposed to be really good, but even more Harrowing. Anybody watching?

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

I love love love Fellow Traveller, probably the best gay-romance drama I have ever even in recent years.

omggggg. I just made my post and then scrolled up and saw yours right above mine. Lol. This is so so so good and so realistic. I don’t know if I have the strength to go to episode number two…

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

I liked Nan but none of the others.

I love Gilded Age!

so I did get through the first season of gilded and last night I tried to watch the first episode of season two and I stopped after 15 minutes. Period pieces for me are either hit or miss. Although fellow passengers takes place in the 60s and I’m so into it. I do hope to go back to gilded during Thanksgiving and finish it.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

I love love love Fellow Traveller, probably the best gay-romance drama I have ever even in recent years.

And I’m so glad how realistic it is. I think “looking“ on showtime about five years ago, was the first TV show I ever saw that portrayed myself, LGBT, realistically, with realistic sex scenes that were realistic and not edited out or you know something was hidden behind something else, so you couldn’t see… I’m so glad things are changing, and LGBT content can be shown in the way heteronormative content has been showed for so long.

BaileyCatts

Ghosts UK is starting tonight on CBS. It will be fun to see how the UK and US versions compare in their stories.

I love Ghosts. Best new show I have watched in years. So many quick quips and jokes and just :rofl: laughs.

raruki

And I’m so glad how realistic it is. I think “looking“ on showtime about five years ago
I remembered “Looking” was on HBO. Showtime is always the pioneer and deeply involved with LGBT content coz they produced the greatest gay drama in history "Queer as Folk". They are very good at this.

I love seeing how the production team pictured the LGBT communities in the difficult eras, and how they possessed the hardships they faced. I found myself very relatable to them as I come from a country that still oppresses the expression of the gay message and gay rights. And yeah, Matt and Johnny are smoking hot.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday November 19/2023 - Saturday November 25/2023:https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2023-tv-premiere-dates#section-november-2023-premieres

Tuesday, November 21
TimeTitleChannel
12:01 a.m.OBITUARYHulu
10 p.m.Fargo Season 5FX
10 p.m.ROAD RAGEMax
10:#0 p.m.EXPOSED: NAKE CRIMESMax

Wednesday, November 22
TimeTitleChannel
12:01 a.m.COMEDY ISLAND JAPANAmazon
3:01 a.m.High on the Hog Season 2Netflix
3:01 a.m.SQUID GAME: THE CHALLENGENetflix

Thursday, November 23
TimeTitleChannel
3:01 a.m.MY DAEMONNetflix

Friday, November 24
TimeTitleChannel
3:01 a.m.MY DEMONNetflix
3:01 a.m.A NEARLY NORMAL FAMILYNetflix
3:01 a.m.OLOLADENetflix
3:01 a.m.REPLACING CHEF CHICONetflix

Saturday, November 25
TimeTitleChannel
3:01 am.Doctor Who: The Star BeastDisney+

Please post any updates I may have missed.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World

sk8pics

Has anyone watched Colin from Accounting? I plan to watch it after I’m done with Star Trek Lower Decks.

manhn

Watched the documentary on Robbie Williams on Netflix. As a Canadian and thanks to Muchmusic airing the BRIT Awards and showcasing UK acts, I was familiar with both Take That and Robbie’s sole career, even though the US paid them dust. But because I was so far away, I also missed out on the craze. Robbie was one of my gay crushes, but I also loved a lot of his songs. Angels, Come Undone, Rock DJ, etc. and he exudes charm.

His story is interesting, not sure how illuminating it was the way they shot it. I think additional voices would have helped. But the series made me listen to his catalogue again. He is such a terrific performer.

Last edited:

Bunny Hop

Queen of the Workaround
Has anyone watched Colin from Accounting? I plan to watch it after I’m done with Star Trek Lower Decks.
I didn't make it through episode one. Someone said I should give it another go, so I tried episode two. Turned it off after less than five minutes. I couldn't stand the female lead - she was meant to be quirky but I just found her annoying. But many people rave about it, so maybe you will like it.

sk8pics

FYI, there is a $0.99/month offer from Hulu available on the GMA deals site. I had canceled my subscription in September in order to be ready to take advantage of Hulu’s special Black Friday deals. They normally make these available to new subscribers and those who have not subscribed in the past 30 days. I did also use a different email address, but that may not have been necessary. Rate is good for 1 year and then changes to their normal rate of $7.99/month. I have a reminder set in my phone to cancel.

ilovepaydays

Yesterday, I watched The Crown, Season 6: Part 1. Because it’s been only four days since its release, I’ll put my thoughts in spoiler.

Overall, I think they did a MEH job with the Diana/Dodi storyline. I did like how they explained the politics with their relationship and Mohammed Al-Fayed not being able to get British citizenship. I did think that the proposal scene in Dis-Moi Oui was a bit forced. I can’t find in my research where Dodi was definitely going to propose SOON - and being that, it felt odd to put that during the dinner before they died. Sadly, we’ll never know what would have happened in their relationship. But Dodi was literally just engaged to someone else earlier that summer. 🤨 I also thought that The Queen (2005 movie with Helen Mirren) did a MUCH better job of explaining what happened that week after their deaths. The Crown really couldn’t have done much in just one 52 minute episode, IMHO.

Last edited:

Kruss

Not Auto-Tuned
I also watched the first part of The Crown.

By the end of the second episode, I felt guilty for wanting them to get to Diana's death and be done with it. This show was supposed to be about the Crown, not the Diana show. However...I was hoping they wouldn't finish the 4th episode with the crash and then make us wait for the aftermath. So glad that was actually the 4th episode itself, and it made me cry a lot. Very well done.

I heard someone say they felt that since Peter Morgan had delved into the story in The Queen, he wasn't going to revisit the exact story he'd already told. I can agree with that viewpoint.

LeafOnTheWind

I'm watching Obituary on Hulu

Elvira Clancy is paid by the obituary and accidentally kills someone only to find she enjoyed it and makes money.

Dark Comedy/drama with an older murder mystery buried in it too. I'm enjoying it so far.

ilovepaydays

I also watched the first part of The Crown.

By the end of the second episode, I felt guilty for wanting them to get to Diana's death and be done with it. This show was supposed to be about the Crown, not the Diana show. However...I was hoping they wouldn't finish the 4th episode with the crash and then make us wait for the aftermath. So glad that was actually the 4th episode itself, and it made me cry a lot. Very well done.

I heard someone say they felt that since Peter Morgan had delved into the story in The Queen, he wasn't going to revisit the exact story he'd already told. I can agree with that viewpoint.

Agreed - I also kept wondering “Why does Diana look so much taller than literally everyone else?” - even though Diana was 5’10”. I looked it up - Elizabeth Debicki is 6’3”!!! 😯

vgerdes

Agreed - I also kept wondering “Why does Diana look so much taller than literally everyone else?” - even though Diana was 5’10”. I looked it up - Elizabeth Debicki is 6’3”!!! 😯
Yes. She has a way of making her male costars look quite short, even when they are not. I remember watching her in The Night Manager a few years back, and they always had her wearing flats, or barefoot. Her performance in that show stuck with me because she was so good.

sk9tingfan

Free viewing this week on Comcast including The White Lotus, Succession, The Gilded Age, Game of Thrones, Curb Your Enthusiasm and And Just Like That. I'll be binging on these this weekend

sk8pics

I didn't make it through episode one. Someone said I should give it another go, so I tried episode two. Turned it off after less than five minutes. I couldn't stand the female lead - she was meant to be quirky but I just found her annoying. But many people rave about it, so maybe you will like it.
I also turned it off before the first episode ended, which is saying something since it’s only 30 minutes long. I don’t think I will try the second episode. The female lead didn’t bother me but some of her actions did…

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Finished the first part of The Crown and I still contend I want a spin-off mini-series of Mohammed Al-Fayed. I find him utterly fascinating.

I like how they stressed no one was mentioning Dodi’s death. I never really followed the Royals but was upset by Diana’s death and stopped to watch the funeral. I never knew anything about the Al-Fayed’s until this show.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday November 26/2023 - Saturday December 02/2023:https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2023-tv-premiere-dates#section-november-2023-premieres

Sunday, November 26
TimeTitleChannel
12:01 a.m.FARAWAY DOWNSHulu
10 p.m.The Great Christmas Light Fight Season 11ABC
11:30 p.m.Aqua Teen Hunger Force Season 12Adult Swim

Monday, November 27
TimeTitleChannel
3:01 a.m.Go Dog Go Season 4Netflix

Tuesday, November 28
TimeTitleChannel
3:01 a.m.LOVE LIKE A K-DRAMANetflix
3:01 a.m.ONMYOJINetflix
3:01 a.m.VERIFIED STAND-UPNetflix

Wednesday, November 29
TimeTitleChannel
12:01 a.m.THE ARTFUL DODGERHulu
12:01 a.m.Slow Horses Season 3Apple TV+
3:01 a.m.BAD SURGEON: LOVE UNDER THE KNIFENetflix

Thursday, November 30
TimeTitleChannel
12:01 a.m.Wild Crime Season 3Hulu
3:01 a.m.BOOKIEMax
3:01 a.m.OBLITERATEDNetflix
3:01 a.m.Paris In Love Season 2Peacock
3:01 a.m.Virgin River Season 5Netflix

Friday, December 1
TimeTitleChannel
3:01 a.m.Sweet Home Season 2Netflix
8 p.m.Power Book III: Raising Kanan Season 3Starz
9 p.m.Love After Lockup Season 6WE
10 p.m.THE UNBELIEVABLE WITH DAN AYKROYDHistory

Saturday, December 2
TimeTitleChannel
3:01 a.m.Doctor Who: Wild Blue YonderDisney+

Please post any updates I may have missed.

Cachoo

So happy to see "Slow Horses" has returned but today I want to mention this latest season on "Fargo." I am kicking myself for jumping into this before all of the episodes have aired because these cliffhangers are killing me. Some thoughts (no spoilers)

1. Juno Temple is terrific. In the last two years I've seen her in this, "The Offer" and "Ted Lasso" and she is so on top of her craft. I am all in on "team Dot" in this iteration of "Fargo."

2. This season of "Fargo" is a little different. The villains are broad, dastardly characters, there is a strong hint of fantasy and a lot of the action takes place around Halloween. And I am sure no one will miss the "Home Alone" references. So far so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information