Fall 2023 - Summer 2024 New/Returning TV/Streaming Shows

Cachoo

I just finished watching Normal People. What a gem.

Paul Mescal. What a talent. What an incredible performance.
I was just thinking about Irish acting talent in general: It is prolific. I find I especially enjoy a performance and find out the person is Irish. What is in the water in Ireland?

LeafOnTheWind

I loved that show at the time. I'm afraid to watch it now with 2024 eyes.
Don't watch Moonlighting. He is in love with her but spends every minute telling her how uptight she is and she needs to be less uptight.

So far Remington Steele hasn't been that bad. There are some issues but his character largely realizes he wants to be a better man for Laura Holt. His character arc is scoundrel and con man to man in love and wanting to be a better man.

Cheers has held up the best by far. They still have "uptight" Diane but similar to Remington they generally accept her as she is.

ETA: One episode into Scarecrow and Mrs. King and the vibe is completely different. She isn't neurotic or uptight stereotype. She's just a housewife raising two kids. His objection to her is that she has no formal training and couldn't possibly be a good partner. She of course is highly intelligent and always useful. Loving this vibe even more than Cheers. I can't guarantee that all episodes will be fine but this is by far the best character of a real woman for an 80's show.

Last edited:

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday February 11/2024 - Saturday February 17/2024:https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2024-tv-show-premiere-dates-schedule

Sunday, February 11
TimeTitleChannel
10:30 p.m.TRACKERCBS

Monday, February 12
TimeTitleChannel
5:30 p.m.ROCK PAPER SCISSORSNickelodeon
8 p.m.The Neighborhood Season 6CBS
8:30 p.m.Bob Hearts Abishola Season 5CBS
9 p.m.GOSPELPBS
9 p.m.NCIS Season 21CBS
9 p.m.STUPID PET TRIPSTBS
10 p.m.Lil Jon Wants To Do What? Season 2 (Winter Premiere)Max
10 p.m.NCIS: Hawaii Season 3CBS

Tuesday, February 13
TimeTitleChannel
12:01 a.m.CLEANING UPHulu
3:01 a.m.Sunderland 'Til I Die Season 3Netflix
8 p.m.FBI Season 6CBS
9 p.m.FBI: International Season 3CBS
10 p.m.FBI: Most Wanted Season 5CBS

Wednesday, February 14
TimeTitleChannel
12:01 a.m.THE NEW LOOKApple TV+
3:01 a.m.Love is Blind Season 6Netflix
10 p.m.Resident Alien Season 3SYFY / USA

Thursday, February 15
TimeTitleChannel
3:01 a.m.Alrawabi School for Girls Season 2Netflix
3:01 a.m.BEA'S BLOCKMax
3:01 a.m.FAR NORTHAMC+ / Sundance Now
3:01 a.m.HOUSE OF NINJASNetflix
3:01 a.m.LITTLE NICHOLAS: LIFE OF A SCOUNDRELNetflix
3:01 a.m.READY, SET, LOVENetflix
3:01 a.m.Vigil Season 2Peacock
3:01 a.m.THE VINCE STAPLES SHOWNetflix
8 p.m.Young Sheldon Season 7CBS
8:30 p.m.Ghosts Season 3CBS
9 p.m.So Help Me Todd Season 2CBS
9:30 p.m.Swamp People: Serpent Invasion Season 4History

Friday, February 16
TimeTitleChannel
12:01 a.m.THE DYNASTY: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTSApple TV+
12:01 a.m.Life & Beth Season 2Hulu
12:01 a.m.SNOOPY PRESENTS: WELCOME HOME, FRANKLINApple TV+
3:01 a.m.COMEDY CHAOSNetflix
3:01 a.m.Kevin Hart's Muscle Car Crew Season 2Roku
8 p.m.S.W.A.T. Season 7CBS
9 p.m.Fire Country Season 2CBS
9 p.m.TOTALLY FUNNY KIDSThe CW
9:30 p.m.TOTALLY FUNNY ANIMALSThe CW
10 p.m.Blue Bloods Season 14CBS
10 p.m.The Proof is Out There Season 4 (Winter Premiere)History

Saturday, February 17
TimeTitleChannel
9 a.m.Hard Truths of Conversation Season 3History
10 p.m.Fast: Home Rescue Season 2Weather

Please post any updates I may have missed.

Last edited:

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
"Feud: Capote vs. the Swans" starts tonight. I've been looking forward to that. I've had an interest in the period and the people since I read a couple of books about them, especially Melanie Benjamin's novel The Swans of Fifth Avenue. Bummed that it starts during skating. :lol: I can always watch it later on Hulu, though.
Just started this and I’m really enjoying it so far.

sk8pics

So far Remington Steele hasn't been that bad. There are some issues but his character largely realizes he wants to be a better man for Laura Holt. His character arc is scoundrel and con man to man in love and wanting to be a better man.
I loved Remington Steele back in the day.

I saw today that the final season of Star Trek Discovery starts streaming early April. :cheer2:

Jimena

I just watched One Day on Netflix. It was well done. The leads were very good. But I had forgotten they made a movie of the novel. Anne Hathaway's in it.
And she freaking dies.
I'd never seen it but knew of it. Had I actually remembered that, I wouldn't have watched the series.

Skate Talker

ETA: One episode into Scarecrow and Mrs. King and the vibe is completely different. She isn't neurotic or uptight stereotype. She's just a housewife raising two kids. His objection to her is that she has no formal training and couldn't possibly be a good partner. She of course is highly intelligent and always useful. Loving this vibe even more than Cheers. I can't guarantee that all episodes will be fine but this is by far the best character of a real woman for an 80's show.
That makes perfect sense because Kate Jackson was in total control of this show.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
Netflix dropped the Drive to Survive S6 teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlrSWUU2--o&ab_channel=Netflix

I've put what I think the storylines of the season will be under a cut, just in case you're not as obsessed as I am and therefore don't know the details:

• The Alpine disaster: it looks like they will play up the Gasly/Ocon relationship drama at Alpine, fed by their collision in Melbourne and several team order gripes. Otmar Szafnauer's downfall will be included and I am NOT sad about this.
    • The rookies: Oscar, Logan and Nyck. It will be interesting to see how this is handled. Oscar's rise as the super rookie will probably be covered in conjunction with the McLaren turnaround; it will be very interesting to see how he is handled, since Netflix did such a hatchet job on him in S5 in favour of sucking up to Szafnauer. Logan's arc should be relatively interesting and I suspect will be contrasted with Oscar's a lot, particularly given their prior history together (friends since 15 and have been teammates in juniors before). Expect Qatar to get a lot of airtime as Oscar's highest point of the season and Logan's lowest. Will be interested to see if Netflix leans on Logan's well-publicised feeling of "otherness" as an American. Nyck's arc will be short; I'll be interested to see if Netflix takes the viewpoint of "well, he dug his own grave with his arrogant statements and then not performing" or "it's completely unfair that he didn't get a whole season", leading into, of course...
    • The return of Daniel Ricciardo: Hoo boy, the producers will be thanking every god that ever existed that this happened. Daniel's "resting" period - if they were smart they would also include things like the Melbourne crowd going wild every time he appeared on the big screen, when he was sitting on the pitwall - Horner's jabs at McLaren on the shape Daniel was in when he returned to them (disordered eating, loss of confidence, bad driving habits), the now infamous Silverstone Tyre Test, the dramatic sacking of de Vries to get Daniel back in the car, the positive direction...and then the broken hand (though if they try to portray any kind of resentment or ill-feeling between Daniel and Oscar I'm going to hunt them down), the return, Mexico.
    • The fall of Sergio Perez: starting the season boastful and arrogant that he could mix it with Max for the title, only for Max to go super turbo mode and proceed to ruin everyone in Miami, kicking off a string of beyond-poor performances that had people wondering if Perez would even keep his seat.
    • The Mercedes concern: the car was bad for the second year in a row, and Russell and Hamilton were both visibly upset about it and also clashed multiple times.
    [*]

And that's not including the absolute chaos that has happened in F1 since late December that won't be included, either because it was too late or because the FIA/FOM really won't want focus on it.

manhn

Finished One Day. Loved it, probably the first show or movie I have fully embraced that cannot be accused of “snobbery” in ages. The two leads are sensational, the romanticism and humanity is touching, and the 90s nostalgia really hit the spot. I love both, but Leo Woodall really has the makings of a true movie star. I need to revisit the movie and read the book.

vgerdes

I loved this series when it first aired, and I still do. It cemented my Pierce Brosnan love. Even when he plays a character that's flat-out evil it's difficult to hate him because he still has that twinkle in his eye.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday February 18/2024 - Saturday February 24/2024:https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2024-tv-show-premiere-dates-schedule

Sunday, February 18
TimeTitleChannel
8 p.m.American Idol Season 22ABC
8 p.m.The Equalizer Season 4CBS
8 p.m.Naked & Afraid Season 17Discovery / Max
8 p.m.Tournament of Champions Season 5Food / Max
9 p.m.The Great North (Time Slot Premiere)Fox
9 p.m.UNITED STATES OF SCANDAL WITH JAKE TAPPERCNN
10 p.m.CSI: Vegas Season 3CBS
10 p.m.What Would You Do? Season 17ABC
11 p.m.Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Season 11HBO

Monday, February 19
TimeTitleChannel
8 p.m.JAMES BROWN: SAY IT LOUDA&E

Tuesday, February 20
TimeTitleChannel
3:01 a.m.RISQUE BUSINESSNetflix
8 p.m.CRIME NATIONThe CW
8 p.m.Will Trent Season 2ABC
9 p.m.Little People Big World Season 25TLC
9 p.m.The Rookie Season 6ABC
10 p.m.The Good Doctor Season 7ABC

Wednesday, February 21
TimeTitleChannel
12:01 a.m.CONSTELLATIONApple TV+
12:01 a.m.MESSI'S WORLD CUP: THE RISE OF A LEGENDApple TV+
3:01 a.m.CAN I TELL YOU A SECRET?Netflix
3:01 a.m.The Family Stallone Season 2Paramount+
3:01 a.m.Star Wars: The Bad Batch Season 3Disney+
8 p.m.Pawn Stars Do America Season 3History
10 p.m.Pawn Stars Season 22History

Thursday, February 22
TimeTitleChannel
12:01 a.m.Death in the Dorms Season 2Hulu
3:01 a.m.AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDERNetflix
3:01 a.m.Jellystone Season 3Max
9 p.m.Summer House Season 8Bravo

Friday, February 23
TimeTitleChannel
12:01 a.m.APARTMENT404Amazon
12:01 a.m.MARRIED TO THE GAMEAmazon
12:01 a.m.THE SECOND BEST HOSPITAL IN THE GALAXYAmazon
3:01 a.m.Formula 1: Drive to Survive Season 6Netflix
9:30 a.m.Mickey Mouse Funhouse Season 3Disney Junior
10:30 a.m.Mickey Mouse Funhouse Season 3Disney

Please post any updates I may have missed.

LeafOnTheWind

I forgot to cancel Peacock after US Nationals but am fortunately on the $2 a month special still. If you don't have Syfy/USA, you can see Resident Alien Season 3 there. Netflix picked up Seasons 1-2

vgerdes

Looking forward to the live-action version of "Avatar: The Last Airbender." The original animated series was wonderful, but the movie was such a disappointment.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
On the recommendation of some friends of mine, I started binging The Rookie not too long ago and I am absolutely LOVING it. It's got some serious moments here and there (it is a cop show) but it also mixes in some humor and lots of heartwarming stuff too. I needed a new show to watch and I am SO glad that I finally took them up on the suggestion! I'm actually on a great pace to get it all binged in time to watch the S6 premiere live on Tuesday too. Such a fun show! :cheer:

manhn

Well, it was bound to happen. I am no longer able to share my sister’s Netflix account. Thank goodness it ended just after I finished One Day. I knew it was gonna come, I figure I can sign up for another streaming service.

Amazon Prime Canada seems to have the shows and movies I want to see with a good price, even if never buy stuff online. Any Canadians think there’s a better streaming service? Apple TV? I never cared for Disney.

Well, it was bound to happen. I am no longer able to share my sister’s Netflix account. Thank goodness it ended just after I finished One Day. I knew it was gonna come, I figure I can sign up for another streaming service.

Amazon Prime Canada seems to have the shows and movies I want to see with a good price, even if never buy stuff online. Any Canadians think there’s a better streaming service? Apple TV? I never cared for Disney.
My biggest issue with prime as a streaming service is that I find it really hard to browse. They put so much of their additional channels (that cost more money) in what shows up on the screen. There is a lot of content but navigating to find it I find really frustrating.

There’s quite a few shows I like on Apple. But there’s not enough for me to maintain a subscription. That one I pick up for a bit then drop.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Maybe your sister can add you as a second line and you can pay her the $8/month. It's cheaper than getting your own Netflix.

manhn

Yeah, I was getting tired of Netflix. I don’t mind the break, but I wasn’t gonna try another subscription until they actively kicked me out.

Very little of Apple TV really interests me except I can finally friggin watch CODA. I have heard the frustrating navigating issues of Amazon Prime.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
There are things I'd like to watch on Apple TV but we generally wait for the next season of Foundation and then I never get around to watching those other things. :lol:

skatingguy

decently
I have found that sometimes I can access my Mom's Netflix account, and sometimes I can't even though I don't live in her household. If I can't access it one day, and then wait a couple weeks and try again it will let me have access for a few days before cutting me off again.

Bunny Hop

Queen of the Workaround
On the recommendation of some friends of mine, I started binging The Rookie not too long ago and I am absolutely LOVING it.
I also enjoy The Rookie. It strikes a good balance between drama and humour and although it does go into the character's private iives the focus is always on the police work. Unfortunately it's on a free to air channel here so disappears and comes back randomly so I have to keep an eye out for when it's actually on TV.
My biggest issue with prime as a streaming service is that I find it really hard to browse.
This. It's fine if you know what show you're looking for but it's not good when you're not sure what you might like to watch.
There’s quite a few shows I like on Apple. But there’s not enough for me to maintain a subscription. That one I pick up for a bit then drop.
Yep, I dropped Apple after watching Foundation S1 and The Problem With Jon Stewart. Luckily Foundation S2 coincided with me getting a new iPad so I'm on a 3 month free trial, and should be finished Foundation before that expires. Nowhere near enough on there for me to want to pay for more than a short time.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Yep, I dropped Apple after watching Foundation S1 and The Problem With Jon Stewart. Luckily Foundation S2 coincided with me getting a new iPad so I'm on a 3 month free trial, and should be finished Foundation before that expires. Nowhere near enough on there for me to want to pay for more than a short time.
I started watching Dickensen and I liked it but after a few episodes, I never went back. And sometimes I think I want to watch The Morning Show. Haven't yet but maybe someday.

sk8pics

Very little of Apple TV really interests me except I can finally friggin watch CODA. I have heard the frustrating navigating issues of Amazon Prime.
Ted Lasso, Shrinking, The Morning Show —all good series. I don’t know anything about soccer but LOVED Ted Lasso and thought it had one of the all time best series endings. Apple also has good documentaries— The Year Earth Changed (about the first year of the pandemic), Fathom (about researchers studying whale song) and some nature documentaries. They also have some short movies that Tom Hanks has done with them.

I have a subscription currently, a three month free trial. I previously had a couple of other free trials and then paid for a couple of months, then canceled. I’m waiting for Shrinking to come back —Harrison Ford is fabulous!

My current freebie is with Best Buy. I don’t know if they have it in Canada. But if you go to the website and search the digital section, you may find it. You have to enter credit info for when they charge you but the initial time period is free for whatever time they’re indicating.

love skating

Clueless American
I also got the three months of Apple TV from Best Buy because I bought a cheap (ironically non smart) tv there. I watched a lot in those three months and really liked everything I watched... Severance, Lessons in Chemistry, Ted Lasso, Shrinking, Schmigidoon, Coda, Killers of the Flower Moon and Slow Horses. If I had more time I'd have tried out For All Mankind and a few others.

I recently was given a Netflix gift card. I never had Netflix before and I'm having a hard time remembering all the shows I wanted to see but would say "oh it's on Netflix". I haven't started it yet because I got ill recently and can't watch too much at the moment and I had to clear my dvr out first. Will start it soon but feel overwhelmed with years of things to watch lol

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I just found out they canceled The Flight Attendant. I liked that show but never watched season 2. I suspect I am not the only one.

They better not cancel Poker Face!

Bunny Hop

Queen of the Workaround
I started watching Dickensen and I liked it but after a few episodes, I never went back.
Someone recommended 'See' to me. I did start it but never felt inclined to watch more than a couple of episodes.
I just found out they canceled The Flight Attendant. I liked that show but never watched season 2. I suspect I am not the only one.
You're not. I liked the first season but didn't feel like it warranted a second one. And Kaley Cuoco's character annoyed me enough that I didn't want to see more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information