Elizaveta Tuktamysheva Cheer Thread

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I tried to post in the thread that was started in 2014, and discovered that it is in the Archives now. So I have started a new one for the comeback kid- Queen Tuk.

She has been through many disappointments. She did'nt make the Olympic team in 2014, but she won the world championship in 2015, with her gorgeous jumps. Then she had a down year and the reigning world champion didn't even make the world team in 2016. She kept trying. She didnt make the world team in 2017 and 2018, and she missed the Olympics in 2018.

Liza is a fighter. She never gave up and now she is at the top of the podium at Skate Canada. This is a small step, in the right direction. Her jumps are back, so I hope she makes the world team in 2019.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Tuk for Worlds 2019 team and podium!!!

Love-love-Love her happy, finger-snapping LP music this season!!!

Love the easy smile and carefree vibes.

Love the form-fitting dresses.

kwanatic

Liza T aka the Comeback Queen aka Dark Phoenix :respec:

She keeps finding ways to get herself back into the mix. I think the 3A will help to set her apart from the other Russian girls but she will need to up the technical ante a little bit more. Evgenia had a major mistake which kept her farther down and Mako only missed gold by about a quarter of a point. To really put that separation between herself and the rest of the #3 skaters for Russia she's going to need a little boost.

Still, 203+ points, another 3A in the book and a gold medal...not a bad way to start the GP season.

Sylvia

TBD

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I just watched Liza's LP at NHK. It was a very good performance. She looks beautiful and confident. Her only mistake was a turnout on the landing of the 3A. I hope she will work on improving her basic skating during the off season. It will make her more competitive with other top skaters.

I am wondering though if she is getting enough credit for her excellent jump technique? Satoko was wonderful artistically, but how can the judges put her jumps at the same level as Liza's? I have not seen the protocols yet, so I could be wrong in thinking that.

I am rooting for Liza all the way to the 2019 world podium. On the way I hope she wins the Russian nationals and the Europeans. I will root for her wildly at the GPF, which I plan to attend. The competition there is going to be very tough, so I will be happy with just a podium finish there.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

The ladies' event at NHK was phenomenal. I think that is about the best I have ever seen Elizaveta skate.

Given how great her triple lutz/triple toe was in the free, maybe Tuktamysheva should include it in the short with a solo triple loop or flip as well. Also, she only does seven triples in her free skate. I wonder if there is room for a second triple Axel somewhere?

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
The ladies' event at NHK was phenomenal. I think that is about the best I have ever seen Elizaveta skate.

Given how great her triple lutz/triple toe was in the short, maybe Tuktamysheva should include it in the short with a solo triple loop or flip as well. Also, she only does seven triples in her free skate. I wonder if there is room for a second triple Axel somewhere?

She does two double axels in the second half. One is a solo and the other is a 2A3t. I was wondering if she could make the solo 2A into a solo 3A, which means she will have to do a 3A2t in the beginning of her program. This will need some work, but there is enough time before worlds for her to incorporate the changes.

IloveFS

She does two double axels in the second half. One is a solo and the other is a 2A3t. I was wondering if she could make the solo 2A into a solo 3A, which means she will have to do a 3A2t in the beginning of her program. This will need some work, but there is enough time before worlds for her to incorporate the changes.

Maybe the empress has been training a 4T? You cannot help but cheer for her!!!!

mysticchic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4P...1y3Pm_v_38M2Unt_bx61g4eAV80OO31YAyjBPndvdr_Ms
Skate Talk Online
We are please to share Tony's interview with 2015 World Champion and 'The Empress of Figure Skating' Elizaveta Tuktamysheva. She shares the reasons why she think she's been so successful this season, her long-time relationship with Alexei Mishin, why the triple Axel has come back this season, and whether she is planning a second in her free skate. She also shares her favorite things and there is a special contest at the end of the video. Thanks as always for watching Skate Talk Online and please subscribe!

LoopCombo

I consider it a victory for Tuktik’s popularity that the discussion on her in From Russia With Love became so pervasive!

Following up on enthusiasm that the 2019-2020 season is Tuktik’s year, what are people thinking about her current Free Skate layout? I loved the trousers and waistcoat! The music is so her — but surely she’s not maximizing her TES potential with the jumps. The triple axels are amazing, but what happened to 3Lz-3T? What happened to any triple-triple combos? Is she planning on subbing in a quad or something? Anyone have any idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information