Downtown Jason Brown - Let the Good Times Roll (uber thread #2)

Sylvia

TBD
:D

2 video interviews from the Grand Prix season that I didn't see posted earlier:

Captured from Olympic Channel's Instagram Live (couldn't find a link to the original video on IG):

Answering questions from his Japanese fans:

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
Jackie Wong has reported that Jason isn't at the practice session.

Does anyone know anything? I'm in a mid-level state of panic.

Cachoo

Missed Nathan and Jason when the news cut in with the horrible news about Kobe Bryant. They returned to the competition after Jason's skate. Glad to see their positive scores...

feraina

I still haven't seen Jason's skate. Dying...

In the meantime, just want to comment that his jumps have really improved in height, distance, and general security. I think it was particularly apparent in the flying 3F in the SP. I noticed last year that under Brian/Tracy's new technique Jason's 3-3's were a lot stronger, especially speed coming out of that first jump. It really sets him up for success on the second jump. Whereas previously he used to struggle a bit to finish the second triple trying to get enough height/rotation. But the opening 3F in the SP was the first time I really saw the difference in that jump. Wow, such distance and height! It looked like he could easily add another rotation in there!

Last edited:

DreamSkates

Two stellar programs skated beautifully in every way by Jason. So exciting to see in person and so proud of him for all the work he has put into his programs this year.
I understand his quad was underrotated but he didn't miss a beat of anything else. He didn't step out or fall, or have any hesitations on anything, so to me, that is an improvement and his team will work with him on getting that jump fully rotated.
He earned every point he was awarded. Talk about quality skating - there it is and well rewarded with big points!

dinakt

Coming here because I feel the need to gush some more. Jason's performance quality jumped up another level. Part of it, i think, is speed- he is faster and thus everything he does acquired new intensity. Part of it is maturity, plus two great programs. But the end result is beyond anything I could expect.

Mad for Skating

I was sick on Sunday so I missed the men's free skate, but what a nice surprise this was to see! Absolutely gorgeous to watch. I'm so glad he's secured himself a spot on the World team again, and it was great to see him go for the quad even though it wasn't fully rotated. I think he's making great progress, and with the inconsistency of many of the top men this season, I daresay he could really be an underdog for a medal at Worlds.

Meredith

what a glorious day!
Coming here because I feel the need to gush some more. Jason's performance quality jumped up another level. Part of it, i think, is speed- he is faster and thus everything he does acquired new intensity. Part of it is maturity, plus two great programs. But the end result is beyond anything I could expect.
I was thinking how much Jason has grown in every way possible, but you expressed it so much better than I. Schindler's List in particular makes me cry when I see and hear it expressed so beautifully. Jason's haunting performance lived up to this music, imo.

Last edited:

muffinplus

I was thinking how much Josh has grown in every way possible, but you expressed it so much better than I. Schindler's List in particular makes me cry when I see and hear it expressed so beautifully. Josh's haunting performance lived up to this music, imo.

Josh? :confused:

DreamSkates

4CC's - 94+ points in the short program to be second to Hanyu. So proud of Jason for all his hard work and listening to his coaches and engaging in their methods of training. Brian Orser sitting next to him, after he finished his sp, was smiling and rubbing his hands as if he was anticipating a really good score. Tracy was just bubbling with joy.
The score says much about the judges rewarding high quality skating skills and not just giving the nod to those with quads.
And who knows...I believe in the near'ish future we will see Jason land a fully-rotated, quality quad. Then those scores will jump even higher! I'm confident his coaching team is not giving up on the quad-path, and neither is Jason. He is a fighter!:):scream::dog::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information