Denis Ten Fan Thread!

bronwynsings

I am a new skating fan, and I fell in love with Denis Ten last Worlds. :) He's so charming on the ice, has really nice lines, and his triple axels are huge. Here's hoping he can push for the podium in Sochi!

aftershocks

Banned Member
Has anyone heard updates on how Denis is doing with his training and healing his early season injuries?

I'd so love to see Denis on the podium in Sochi! :)

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
Assuming his injuries are healed, and knowing he doesn't have to compete in the team event, he could definitely medal with fresh legs vs the other guys who've already done the team event.

unchat123

I also fell in love with him at worlds last year! I would love to see him on the podium in Sochi.

clairecloutier

A couple weeks ago, TSL reported that Denis was having visa/passport problems. As a result, he hasn't been able to train with Frank in L.A. very much.

I love him and am hoping for the best at the Olympics. But honestly, his season has been quite difficult so far, so I don't know what to expect.

leapfrogonice

So many obstacles this season, such a shame. Hope he is able to be healthy and unencumbered in the New Year. Go Denis!

coppertop1

Congrats to Ten, and after his lovely comment about Patrick Chan, I like him even more!

mrinalini

Thank goodness for Denis Ten, who was the only one who skated with a purpose in the FS and how lovely it is that it eventually paid him huge dividends.

I hope he continues on to the next quad and stays strong so that he can do even better at the next Olympics. :cheer2:

unchat123

I'm so thrilled for him! After worlds last year I knew he was going to be on the podium. Even with his rough season and 9th place in the short, I still knew he was going to make it. (Should have gone to Vegas with that......:eek: ). I felt kind of bad hoping for the others to fall and keep him in third place but I guess it paid off.

coppertop1

What did he say?

He said: In my eyes @PChiddy is a Champion gold or no gold & is one of the greatest if not the greatest skater to ever step onto the ice. #Hero

I hope this is these medals of late, are a sign of even more great things to come from Denis.

coppertop1

Oops wrong Ten. That was Jeremy Ten (Canada). I'm a bit embarrassed.

My comment still stands about enjoying his skating and hoping for the best.

orbitz

Congrats also to Frank Caroll for coaching his third Olympic medalist.

Linda Fratianne, silver, 1980
Evan Lysacek, gold, 2010
Denis Ten, bronze, 2014

I think Frank is the most successful U.S. Olympic coach.

dardar1126

I don't get to see Denis skate very often, but every time I do I really enjoy his skating. I'm so glad that he won the bronze! :D

Ilyich

Evan Lysacek, gold, 2010
Denis Ten, bronze, 2014

Uh, forgetting someone big, aren't we?

Kwan, Silver, 1998

Edit: Also, Goebel, bronze, 2002

bruin4life

Evan Lysacek, gold, 2010
Denis Ten, bronze, 2014

And Michelle Kwan in Nagano :)

Congrats to Denis~

paskatefan

Denis was fabulous @ last year's worlds, and he proved that his performance there was no fluke with yesterday's free skate! Many congrats to him & his team! :encore:

unchat123

Oops wrong Ten. That was Jeremy Ten (Canada). I'm a bit embarrassed.

My comment still stands about enjoying his skating and hoping for the best.

While we're on the topic, cute tweet from Jeremy: "JUST realized that I've been saying #Kazakhstan wrong my entire life, I thought it was KA-ZAK-A-STAN. Sorry @Tenis_Den! #Congratulations!!!"

liv

I enjoyed his long program more than any of the other men at these Games. He put his hands down on a jump and flipped out of a 2axel, but they didn't really disrupt the program and that's pretty minor compared to the other guys. Rough night in general, but Denis was great. Love his skating and hope he continues on. I think he has more to give.

FSfan107

Congratulations to Denis on winning an Olympic bronze medal! I just love his position in the air in his jumps. They are beauties. Denis favorited a tweet I wrote about how much I love his triple axels. I'm glad he saw it. :)

lulu

Congrats Denis on a fantastic skate, an Olympic bronze medal and on winning Kazakhstan's first Olympic figure skating medal!

smarts1

He was so nice to his fans yesterday! He came out and gave autographs and pictures. Patrick and Yuzuru just said hi and left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information