Davis and White #36: What a Wonderful World

mollymgr

Was very happy to find Charlie and Tanith were the commentators for tonight's NBC Gold stream of the Ladies SP. The next best thing to watching him grow as a skater has been to watch him grow as a commentator. Absolutely, LOL
They are getting quite positive reviews from everyone, notably Ted Barton. I love listening to Tanith, Ben, Charlie in any combo. They always educate the viewers, especially for dance which can be so subjective. It is great that NBC is finally allowing them to do commentary together. I'm hoping Ben and Charlie will get to do NBC Gold since Tanith will be doing the main NBC.

literaryfreak

Meryl and Charlie gave beautiful speeches at the hall of fame reception today. Meryl made everyone tear up - and had a funny story when thanking Igor (who was in attendance): apparently after the infamous Cup of Russia OD, he sprinkled holy water on them in preparation for the FD. And Charlie gave an equally moving speech - to the importance of unconditional love in skating. Very aptly suited.

And baby Charlie was sitting on Meryl’s lap for a good portion of the reception and it was as adorable as you imagine.

justtojoke

Meryl and Charlie gave beautiful speeches at the hall of fame reception today. Meryl made everyone tear up - and had a funny story when thanking Igor (who was in attendance): apparently after the infamous Cup of Russia OD, he sprinkled holy water on them in preparation for the FD. And Charlie gave an equally moving speech - to the importance of unconditional love in skating. Very aptly suited.

And baby Charlie was sitting on Meryl’s lap for a good portion of the reception and it was as adorable as you imagine.
Oh wow, thanks for sharing. They are truly the best:cheer2:

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I hope their reception speeches get uploaded somewhere (I saw they were recorded) because everyone should get to hear the wonderful words they spoke. Meryl made us laugh and cry, and Charlie inspired us. They delivered excellence just as they did in their skating careers. :wuzrobbed

Also, little Charlie is the most adorable child on the planet.

mollymgr

If anyone wants to watch the on-ice HOF ceremony, it is available on the Sr. Pairs Free on-demand event upload from 1/25/20 on NBC Sports Gold. It starts at the 00:50:00 minute mark approximately.

Pics from the on ice event.

Last edited:

~tapdancer~

Knees won't let me tap dance anymore
I was also able to attend the HOF reception. What an amazing time. They both looked amazing, the speeches were incredible. Charlie was so inspiring talking about unconditional love which is what we humans need to remember is most important in living in this sometimes broken world. And how it helps us to rise above our hard times in life. Meryl was perfection, I was able to speak with her personally, she is otherworldly beautiful and most of all the sweetest person you could ever talk to. So gracious. All these years, what a blessing to see them inducted into HOF.

Oh, Meryl's mom told me Meryl is getting her degree this spring. Wow, perseverance! She is my hero!

Like literaryfreak mentioned, little Charlie was there. So cute! At one point during Charlie's speech, little man said "yay"! Charlie said, "He's mine, so it's okay"!

mollymgr

I'm not sure if this will be on when the show is on today. But here is a link to the live cam. :)

paskatefan

I was also able to attend the HOF reception. What an amazing time. They both looked amazing, the speeches were incredible. Charlie was so inspiring talking about unconditional love which is what we humans need to remember is most important in living in this sometimes broken world. And how it helps us to rise above our hard times in life. Meryl was perfection, I was able to speak with her personally, she is otherworldly beautiful and most of all the sweetest person you could ever talk to. So gracious. All these years, what a blessing to see them inducted into HOF.

Oh, Meryl's mom told me Meryl is getting her degree this spring. Wow, perseverance! She is my hero!

Like literaryfreak mentioned, little Charlie was there. So cute! At one point during Charlie's speech, little man said "yay"! Charlie said, "He's mine, so it's okay"!
Thank you so much! We were so thrilled to attend the USFSHOF reception as well. So well deserved for Meryl & Charlie. Very pleased for Kimmie, too & Kathy Casey (of blessed memory).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information