Davis and White #36: What a Wonderful World

Laura4

Aww I was hoping Nico Greetham would be in the cast again. He was one of my faves from So You Think You Can Dance.

Anyone else get their LOTF U.S. tickets yet? I got 4th row in Grand Prairie!

I too was hoping Nico would be back. Actually, I was hoping they would all return. I know some of them have, but others moved on to other projects - Nico with Power Rangers, Justin just completed a tour with Justin Bieber, Anthony got hired to do Derek Hough's tour, not sure what happened to Randi Strong, although I know she's done some work with the Shibs and other U.S. skaters. They all bonded so well, it's a shame they couldn't get everyone back for this tour.

I plan on going to either the Austin or Houston show...haven't made up of mind which one to go to yet.

Here's an amusing video clip from one of the new dancers:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUpywdEAkjO/?taken-by=markaromain

mollymgr

I haven't watched Larry King in so long.:eek: I didn't even know he was still doing shows. Is one of those hour long shows or more like a brief interview??

ETA: I was googling what Larry King has been up to lately and came across ora.tv. One of the shows is called Politicking with Larry King. This title would make total sense for skating wouldn't it?:rofl:
http://www.ora.tv/politicking

Last edited:

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series

Hmm.... there is also rehearsal footage of Meryl and Charlie dancing to "Say Something" again. So I wonder if they will be doing these numbers on the U.S. tour (pretty please!). I thought they were rehearsing for the new Japan tour only right now, but maybe they're covering both. I can't imagine they'll be repeating these numbers in Japan this year.

mollymgr

Hmm.... there is also rehearsal footage of Meryl and Charlie dancing to "Say Something" again. So I wonder if they will be doing these numbers on the U.S. tour (pretty please!). I thought they were rehearsing for the new Japan tour only right now, but maybe they're covering both. I can't imagine they'll be repeating these numbers in Japan this year.
I think one of the interviews with Dai said that they are doing the same numbers again in Japan but he was going to have an expanded role. I was disappointed to hear it would be the same. I'm hoping it will be different but it doesn't sound like it from that interview.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I think one of the interviews with Dai said that they are doing the same numbers again in Japan but he was going to have an expanded role. I was disappointed to hear it would be the same. I'm hoping it will be different but it doesn't sound like it from that interview.

There's one clip with Dai dancing to "Hometown Glory" that I don't remember from last year, so that must be one of the new numbers. I thought from that clip the whole show would be new. Very strange.

Pattina

There's one clip with Dai dancing to "Hometown Glory" that I don't remember from last year, so that must be one of the new numbers. I thought from that clip the whole show would be new. Very strange.

In LOTF2016 Daisuke danced "Hometown Glory" as a solo number. In this promotional video, at about 0:53

https://youtu.be/-ALGxnp2jO8

As far as I understand from his interviews, he'd like to dance more with other professional dancers. So, I guess they changed "Hometown Glory" transforming it into a group number.

Also "Singing in the Rain" is the same number, only with Dai as "new entry"

so it's possible that the show is more or less the same, with some changes in choreo

mollymgr

In LOTF2016 Daisuke danced "Hometown Glory" as a solo number. In this promotional video, at about 0:53

https://youtu.be/-ALGxnp2jO8

As far as I understand from his interviews, he'd like to dance more with other professional dancers. So, I guess they changed "Hometown Glory" transforming it into a group number.

Also "Singing in the Rain" is the same number, only with Dai as "new entry"

so it's possible that the show is more or less the same, with some changes in choreo

Yeah, it seems like Daisuke is definitely doing more as he mentioned. I believe he started rehearsals sooner too with the dancer group. That's why I'm puzzled when he wasn't listed with the US tour. It could be due to a conflict with this Olympics skating season being so important and Dai has so many things going on in Japan.

The choreo looks like it has been changed slightly?? at least that's what I gathered from the clips here and there. I saw a number where everyone had umbrellas, even the umbrellaruptor Charlie.:eek: Why would anyone give Charlie any prop with his track record??...unless they want to give the audience free giveaways.:scream::rofl:

Meryl's section looked steamier than last time.:D

Pattina

Oh no I hope Dai-chan does not get jealous! ;)

As far as I know (sorry but I cannot find links now) Dai said in some interviews that this year his performances with Meryl will be hotter so maybe it's Fedor who should be jealous and vigilant! :D

Just joking, of course!! ;)

Charlie in Japan

http://maksylmyheart.tumblr.com/post/161538034068

Video of choreographer Paul Morente at the hotel. Charlie says hallo.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVE5GkvF4-j/?taken-by=paulmorente&hl=it

mollymgr

As far as I know (sorry but I cannot find links now) Dai said in some interviews that this year his performances with Meryl will be hotter so maybe it's Fedor who should be jealous and vigilant! :D
As I mentioned before, Meryl's part look steamier than last time from the clips and the floor is getting more love too this time with all that rolling. I guess now I know the true meaning of Love on the Floor.:duh: Should we refer to it as steamrolling?:p

Laura4

Just joking, of course!! ;)

Too funny, Patinna! :rofl: Oh, and I had no idea that Dai's performances with Meryl are going to be hotter! Bring it on then! :smokin::D

Laura4

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information