Dancing with the Stars, Season 29

Sylvia

TBD
Carole Baskin & Pasha Pashkov 4 4 3 = 11 (lowest score of the night)

ETA the 14 couples ranked above them:

21:
Skai Jackson & Alan Bersten
Justina Machado & Sasha Farber

20:
Kaitlyn Bristowe & Artem Chigvintsev
Nev Schulman & Jenna Johnson

19: Monica Aldama & Val Chmerkovskiy

18:
AJ McLean & Cheryl Burke
Anne Heche & Keo Motsepe
Jeannie Mai & Brandon Armstrong
Jesse Metcalfe & Sharna Burgess
Johnny Weir & Britt Stewart

17: Vernon Davis & Peta Murgatroyd

16: Nelly & Daniella Karagach

13: Chrishell Stause & Gleb Savchenko

12: Charles Oakley & Emma Slater

Last edited:

Debbie S

Ouch, Bruno. But I do think it's accurate.

I may be the only person who hasn't watched Tiger King. I only know about it from Adam's IG. :lol:

The fake applause is getting on my nerves. Same with NFL and MLB. I hope they don't try to pipe in applause at skating events.

screech

The fake applause is getting on my nerves. Same with NFL and MLB. I hope they don't try to pipe in applause at skating events.
I did see the shadows of a few people up on the top, so I think they may have limited audience. Some of the reactions did seem almost natural (like to Bruno's 3) so I think there were some people there. But at times, it definitely did sound like recorded reactions.

skatfan

The sound was terrible tonight - thoughT the voices sounded off, and the new lighting at the edges of the dance floor made for a lot of glare. With no band on top, the whole thing just feels cheaper somehow

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
My favs were Jenna & Nev & Skai & Alan. Jenna had my favorite look of the night - runner-up Sharna. I also thought Johnny was underscored. Tyra was horrible just as she was on AGT. Almost as bad as Kloe Kardashian. Whyyyyy? And who thought that hot pink top & red skirt was a good idea?

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Carole can't dance (she said so herself) and there's only so many possibilities for tiger-themed programs. She's going home first.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Johnny was underscored, Skai Jackson was overscored. Seriously, if she was skating, we would be bitching about the lack of ice coverage because that tango barely covered 1/3 of the dance floor. Those foxtrots from Nev and Monica (neither of whom I have ever heard of before) were shit and shouldn't have scored higher than Johnny. I was more impressed with the potential from AJ McLean than I was with either Nev or Monica, but I don't agree with him having the same score as Johnny.

Like several others here, I too have never watch Tiger King and don't plan on it but know enough about it from social media friends. Carole Baskin is going to hang around longer than any of us would like. Maybe even long enough to get through the suggested songs from rfisher, lol. But, she was scored correctly, so was Charles Oakley and Chrishell (another person I've never heard of), and I expect those two will go home well before Carole.

I never watch unless there is a skater I like on the show and even then, I don't usually watch anything except some of the performances, but it's 2020 which means everything is topsy-turvy and I did watch all of the performances tonight and I'm considering it as a replacement on the DVR for Below Deck Med (which I quit watching after Captain Sandy and Malia shit on Hannah for prescription valium).

Firedancer

I do think Carole Baskins could be around a while because of that show. I hope I am wrong.

Johnny was underscored!

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
The sound was terrible tonight - thoughT the voices sounded off, and the new lighting at the edges of the dance floor made for a lot of glare. With no band on top, the whole thing just feels cheaper somehow
Yup. Between the production changes and Tyra, it’s not DWTS. They should have rebranded at the same time.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Yup. Between the production changes and Tyra, it’s not DWTS. They should have rebranded at the same time.

You’re so right on that. It feels like the dancing got lost in all the lights and production show. Dancing should be the focus. I wonder if Carrie is wearing a wig. It looks unnatural somehow.

quartz

scratching at the light
I stopped watching after Johnny because my book was more interesting, so is there anyone else that I should probably watch just to see how he compared?

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I haven't finished watching. I have about 20 mins left but of those I've watched I agree with the top 3 at that point. I do think Johnny was slightly underscored but I don't think he should be in the top 3. He was a little wooden. I can't remember her name but the Batchelorette is the typical plastic doll that that show keeps churning out. Nothing memorable.

I'm sorry that Johnny doesn't have a seasoned pro but I liked what I've seen so far. And other pros have impressed me in their 1st season so it's possible that his partner will be able to do the same. She's very cute & they seem like a good match.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I stopped watching after Johnny because my book was more interesting, so is there anyone else that I should probably watch just to see how he compared?
The only ones I was impressed with in any way were Justina Machado, Skai Jackson and AJ McLean.

Cupid

Johnny looked so smooth on the dance floor, my eyes were drawn to him before they were his pro. Usually, the pro is so good that your eyes go to them first. Speaking of which, not happy with how they paired Johnny with this new pro. He should have gotten Peta, Cheryl, or the hot pro with the long blonde hair.

Those pants he was wearing, though. lol - I looked at his Instagram and he looked so geeked practicing for the show. I hope he does well!

Cupid

The only ones I was impressed with in any way were Justina Machado, Skai Jackson and AJ McLean.
Why Justina? She had a good program, but I thought her scores were over-rated. She will probably appeal to the plus-sized fans?

Last edited:

Cupid

Tyra Banks - don't know who her stylist is, but her hair looked overprocessed and damaged. She could rock straight long hair with blunt bangs.

love skating

Clueless American
My thoughts...
Two who happily surprised me - Nev and Justina!
Two who I thought would be better - Chrishell and Nelly
I too thought Johnny was underscored - which isn't a horrible thing as I had already heard pre-competition talk that "skaters always win with an unfair advantage" so maybe he won't get all the "ringer" hate.
I didn't think anyone was an obvious winner. I think Skai and AJ will go far but I often can predict the winner on night one based on ability and fan base but don't have that feeling this year.
I'm still mad at the "live" voting which basically tells the West Coast - "we don't care about you". I will have to do my blind voting again and try to remember to come online to vote at 5 pm.

Desperado

Why Justina? She had a good program, but I thought her scores were over-rated. She will probably appeal to the plus-sized fans?
What an uppity thing to say. I wear a size 12, is that plus size enough for you?

I loved how she had rhythm and how much she was enjoying the dancing, her footwork seemed good too for Week 1. I also think Sasha will be a great partner for her.

I thought Tyra was terrible, maybe the lack of audience was affecting her, maybe she was very nervous, I don't know. I would probably miss Tom no matter who was up there though, especially since it wasn't his decision to leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information