Daisuke Takahashi decided to become an ice-dancer (with Kana Muramoto) after Jan 2020

YukiNieve

I think this news deserves a new thread:

Daisuke Takahashi just announced on his website that this year's Japanese Nationals will be his final competition as a single skater.

He will move his training base to the US and start practicing ice-dance with Kana Muramoto in January, 2020.:eek:

Their main coach will be Marina Zoueva.

A news clip (thanks for uploading!)

Last edited:

ostile17

I think this news deserves a new thread:

Daisuke Takahashi just announced on his website that this year's Japanese Nationals will be his final competition as a single skater.

He will move his training base to the US and start practicing ice-dance with Kana Muramoto in January, 2020.:eek:

Their main coach will be Marina Zoueva.

A news clip (thanks for uploading!)

Where did you read the main coach will be Zoueva???

ostile17

Translation of Daisuke's message

Hello, everyone.

Thank you always for your support.

I have come to a decision that the coming National Championships at the end of this year is going to be my last competition to attend as a single skater in the men’s event. Let me use this page to show my appreciation for everyone who has been supporting me.
Now, after that, I have decided to move my practice base to the US and to start ice dancing with Ms. Kana Muramoto! I have never imagined seeing myself trying ice dancing!
I will probably get asked if we are going to aim the Olympics but I haven’t got time and room in my head to think that out yet, having so many things to do, such as building up my body to begin with, now my legs are already prrrrrretty shaky. (LOL)
But then, I think about the sceneries spread behind the new challenge I will face starting now. If I can see them with Ms. Muramoto and with all of you, that must be cool!
I thank you all for having shared the ride with my roller coaster career with ups and downs as a single man skater. The National Championships will be my last single skating in a competition.
And I will move on and have a ride on a new roller coaster in 2020, so I hope you will continue enjoying that. (LOL)

Please kindly continue your support!

Daisuke

MsZem

I see the sea
It's not unprecedented for a singles skater to switch to ice dance relatively late in their career - Alper Ucar and Fedor Andreev both did it, though Andreev didn't stick around very long. Dai is older, but given all that he's accomplished anything else would just be a cherry on top.

MsZem

I see the sea
I messaged a friend about this and her response was "isn't he too short?" According to ISU bios, the height difference between them is 3cm. That is small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information