Champs Camp 2017 (Aug 19-23)

Bellanca

^^ Eh, you sound snifflingly like a crybaby. Did Ash kick your dog or something? You've got your cliches mixed-up for sure. Even if I perceived Ash as not being nice to me, I certainly wouldn't act out about her sticking up for herself and her fellow skaters. And stop co-opting my turns of phrase... :duh: :revenge:

There's nothing wrong with skaters getting behind this campaign and believing in it. Certainly the campaign is not the answer to all the fed's problems that need to be addressed on behalf of the sport and the athletes. However, I do believe the inspirational ('cheesy' to you) message can be effective and beneficial. Jason is the perfect role model and spokesperson, especially the way he courageously battled this past season, particularly at Nationals and Worlds! :cheer2:
A fan's passionate rant! :blah: I can't fault you there... I particularly like the "snifflingly" reference. :lol: And thank goodness Jason is a genuine, true :saint:! Otherwise, you might very well meltdown if you were to find out something to the contrary.

ETA: The good news for fans? JB is a thoughtful, kind young man who is mature and disciplined, keeping in mind the effect his words have on impressionable ears. The sport is blessed to have him speaking on their behalf. That's not gushing, that's truth.

Last edited:

Willin

And soooo? Everybody is not an angel. That's why it might pay personal dividends to be kind or at least to try. ;) Personally, I give as I get, especially around here!

Your characterization of Gracie and Ashley W though makes me smile. That's what Ash said recently: "Gracie and I are the same person."

I've noticed first-hand Ashley's no-nonsense intensity during warm-ups. She's a tough cookie. I think she has had to be in order to have accomplished all that she's achieved after being taken for granted early in her career and then being written off by TPTB, and eventually storming back on the strength of her own will and desire.

No excuses for @Weve3 who should come clean about any direct dealings with Ash Swag. :p
And so I think it may explain why @Weve3 may have a more negative view of her personality. TBH, I love Ashley's toughness (and even though she's gotten nicer, I also love the drama/saltiness from the coaches I know now that she's successful).

When Ashley said that, the first thing I thought was what one of my skater friends from LA told me: before and during that Boston Worlds season those two could hardly be on the same sheet of ice because of the tension between them. She said that they were basically the same person while training - insanely intense, focused, and easily frustrated, just that Gracie was much better at hiding it. That was one of the reasons I was so happy to see them being friends. If Gracie decides that she wants to keep skating and competing, I think Ashley could be a great mentor for her, teaching her how to channel that energy into good results and self confidence.

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ :p Why must you bend over backward justifying and testifying for @Weve3, pray tell?! :duh:

When was Ashley taken for granted and then written off?

If you have to ask, you probably shouldn't bother. :duh:

A fan's passionate rant! :blah: I can't fault you there... I particularly like the "snifflingly" reference. :lol: And thank goodness Jason is a genuine, true :saint:! Otherwise, you might very well meltdown if you were to find out something on the contrary.

Like I said @Weve3, no one is an angel. Least of all you. Mr. Jason Brown actually comes quite close to being an angel in my estimation. Meeting Jason in person was incredible. He's a cool and a very kind human being. The best thing about Jason is his modesty, his sportsmanship and contrastingly his competitive grit when he skates onto competition ice! And I'm quite sure Mr. Brown would have no compunction in listing a rundown of his faults. Because he's honestly a genuinely straightforward person, hands down. "Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, Uh huh, get down tonight." :D

I'm not so huge and passionate a fan of Ash W's. I've just always simply respected her accomplishments.

Now, try to make nice @Weve3, for the good of your health. Grant Hochstein is right about that. :saint:

Last edited:

Willin

@aftershocks Because I thought I had something to add to Weve3's point, or to at least explain why Weve3 may have that impression of Ashley, even if I disagree with it. There are plenty of points that I disagree with but will back up if I believe there is valid evidence to support. It is too easy to say "I disagree with this, therefore it is wrong." Instead, it's better for discussion and usually more accurate to say "I disagree with this, but there is some validity to the opinion because [valid evidence/reason]" In this case "I disagree with Weve3's opinion about Ashley, but based on her past behavior I understand why someone may have that opinion of her."

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information