CBC Revives Battle of the Blades Skating Show!

Satellizer

existing
Amanda and Colton are safe another week!

Katia/Bruno & Violetta/PJ bottom 2... it's already been decided, again. :(

Colonel Green

Week 4: Music from Screen and Stage
Guest judge: Sarah Nurse

Slick opening routine with Kurt and Elladj (and also Ron, though obviously he doesn't do as much).

The skateoff is between Violetta/P.J. and Ekaterina/Bruno. Ekaterina/Bruno clearly don't have much of a voting base; it's not like they're in real danger of being bumped off, but it does make the skateoffs rather lacking in drama.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
So my question is: Is Colton popular? Because I can't believe they are getting the votes based on the skating.

Colonel Green

Performance #1: Kaitlyn & Sheldon
Music: "Smile" by Charlie Chaplin (from Modern Times)

Lovely performance. Sheldon isn't Keegan or Javier with the footwork, but he's doing well, and their lifts are incredibly confident at this point (especially remarkable given that he's the oldest guy here).

Scores
Sarah - 6.0
Kurt - 6.0
Colby - 6.0

Last edited:

rdavies

So my question is: Is Colton popular? Because I can't believe they are getting the votes based on the skating.
The answer to your question is no, Amanda has a certain fanbase. I have to say that neither of the teams in the skateoff deserves this especially after they showed the judging results and showed who was first and who was last.

Satellizer

existing
The answer to your question is no, Amanda has a certain fanbase. I have to say that neither of the teams in the skateoff deserves this especially after they showed the judging results and showed who was first and who was last.
Maybe they need to reevaluate the elimination process because this season it's quite obvious the judges vote one way and the public vote in the opposite. Like Colonel Green says the skate offs are boring when we know who's going home.

Colonel Green

Performance #2: Natalie & Andrew
Music: "Juicy Wiggle" by Redfoo (from Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip)

Uh, okay then.

Natalie apparently really wanted to do this, and it shows, because she was clearly loving that performance.

Scores
Sarah - 5.8
Kurt - 5.8
Colby - 5.8

Desperado

I think it’s because most of Bruno’s fans are francophones who aren’t watching. He has a hockey show with Maxime Talbot and in telling the story of why he decided to do BOTB he said the show people warned him beforehand that Quebec votes are very low. Less clear are the reasons why Katia doesn’t get votes here and with Bure.

liv

Wow. The judges and public are on different sides here... too bad. I cannot believe Amanda and Colton are safe again either... and Katia... that girl can make anyone look good when they skate with her... why no love?

I thought Kaitlyn and Sheldon were great and deserve the marks and support they get... but I still do Not get the big love for Natalie/Andrew. They're good, but not that good.

Colonel Green

Performance #3: Amanda & Colton
Music: "Believer" by Imagine Dragons

Okay, that's just ignoring the theme. It's a pop song that has been used on a few soundtracks, none of those uses especially iconic. But Colton apparently likes the song.

They do a double twist, and a reasonably intricate lift dismount at one point. They're skating smoother, but if the rankings here were based on merit, they would be in the skateoff.

Scores
Colby - 5.7
Sarah - 5.7
Kurt - 5.6

If you're going to give Natalie & Andrew 5.8s, those marks seem a bit high.

Satellizer

existing
I think it’s because most of Bruno’s fans are francophones who aren’t watching. He has a hockey show with Maxime Talbot and in telling the story of why he decided to do BOTB he said the show people warned him beforehand that Quebec votes are very low. Less clear are the reasons why Katia doesn’t get votes here and with Bure.
That and Bruno was never a popular hockey player in general..

rdavies

They've always had Quebec guys who've done well, it's Bruno's lack of personality coming out, we know he has it, but others are showing it more. I'm not one who buys into this Katia pedestalling like many in the international community and apparently Joe Sixpack Canadian doesn't either. As someone said earlier when they called Katia the best of all time, that must have been news to Irina Rodnina.

Colonel Green

Performance #5: Ekaterina & Bruno
Music: Zorro-themed.

Why is he wearing a white shirt if he's Zorro? Well-performed, and Ekaterina is obviously a star, but I can't say there were any moments in the program that really stood out.

rdavies

Performance #5: Ekaterina & Bruno
Music: Zorro-themed.

Why is he wearing a white shirt if he's Zorro? Well-performed, and Ekaterina is obviously a star, but I can't say there were any moments in the program that really stood out.
Agreed, I can see them going out. I agree with Kurt, he looks like a figure skater but he just can't sell a program to me. It's exactly like pro wrestling you sell from the neck up and he hasn't been doing it.

Who the hell is the lame chick in the crowd, she gots ta go.

Last edited:

rdavies

I actually enjoyed Bruno more when he was practicing with Roca.

I also disagree with Kurt, I think Sheldon looks the most like a figure skater.
Bruno really has the posture and look, it really stood out to me tonight but he just hasn't been able to transfer his off ice personality to on ice. It's too bad because Orr and Evora should be outta there.

Colonel Green

I do like the idea of moving the scoring of the skateoff until after both couples have performed.

Violetta & PJ
Colby - 5.8
Sarah - 5.7
Kurt - 5.7

Ekaterina & Bruno
Colby - 5.7
Sarah - 5.8
Kurt - 5.7

Kurt forces a tie, which apparently means nobody is eliminated. I wasn't aware that was an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information