Carreira/Ponomarenko Need a Cheer Thread

ccpompom

OMG??? i've never imagined them as choreographers? I know they have coached before but this is a total novelty. Imagine if they become coaches like Scott and Madi in 10 years šŸ˜­

chameleonster

That's a fun and unexpected opportunity for them! I'm interested to see what their choreography looks like.

This is from last weekend but they debuted a new exhibition.

chameleonster

Plazas/Fernandez drove to Ontario last weekend to get choreography, and here's what seems to be a snippet of their Dune FS:
I'm looking forward to seeing their artistic side in creating for other people!

They also were in Pate/Bye's wedding:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Great new video of their RD from Jordan at On Ice Perspectives, taken shortly before Worlds.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about their assignments. They are basically competing for bronze at both against r/a (nhk) and t/v (coc) and maybe g/pa if they come out swinging. The pre-season is going to be pretty important. Praying their programs are bangers again.

chameleonster

I'm deluding myself that they have a chance to beat FB/S after they did it twice this past season. Like yeah that was only because FB/S made mistakes but that's not even uncommon so! Let's keep hope alive! And I'm glad that they're at least not going up against T/V in Finland. Agreed that the pre-season will be crucial here. I wonder what events they'll pick, with them not going to Skate America like I had assumed they would.

Karen-W

Is that a coup happening behind that blue curtain?
Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about their assignments. They are basically competing for bronze at both against r/a (nhk) and t/v (coc) and maybe g/pa if they come out swinging. The pre-season is going to be pretty important. Praying their programs are bangers again.
Well, seeing as neither competition is a home event for ReedAmbru or TurkVer, I think their chances of beating both of them are pretty good.
I'm deluding myself that they have a chance to beat FB/S after they did it twice this past season. Like yeah that was only because FB/S made mistakes but that's not even uncommon so! Let's keep hope alive! And I'm glad that they're at least not going up against T/V in Finland. Agreed that the pre-season will be crucial here. I wonder what events they'll pick, with them not going to Skate America like I had assumed they would.
So, I'm a truly horrible person who is hoping not only do CarPon beat FBSoer at NHK but also that GreenP beat FBSoer too. I'd be completely on board with a Team USA sweep of the NHK podium - and those are the teams who I think are most capable of doing it provided they have strong material this season.

CoC will be interesting - let's see if CarPon and GreenP can make up some ground with LajLag, shall we?

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
So, I'm a truly horrible person who is hoping not only do CarPon beat FBSoer at NHK but also that GreenP beat FBSoer too. I'd be completely on board with a Team USA sweep of the NHK podium - and those are the teams who I think are most capable of doing it provided they have strong material this season.
I know they won't let it happen but also I am not against this idea at all make it so

litenkyckling

When will they finally get the good assignments? So sad about that measly 0.64 points away from a seeded spot - Skate Canada are doing the SkAm trick of having your 1 & 2 teams at home to guarantee at least a bronze and a 6th place could've helped that happen again this year - but alas.

chameleonster

Well they managed to make Summertime feel fresh, and that could easily have felt stodgy. Anthony has already played a man driven to destroy Christina out of obsession this season, so I can see them expanding on that, but with a fiercer and more active role for Christina. I think she'll make for a great Carmen.

Honestly the past two seasons of programs have been so solid and gone so well that I'm willing to roll with anything they're doing now. I never would have thought Summertime or Perfume would fit them as well as they did, so here's to further growth!

chameleonster

Some clips of their FD with audio from Lana Del Rey's Carmen! I'm not sure if it's just for instagram or if they're going more unique and modern with their FD music choice.

Karen-W

Is that a coup happening behind that blue curtain?
Itā€™s hard to get that intense about a Lana Del Ray song. The choreo says classic Carmen
LOL. Yeahhhhhhh... But we've saw a similar mix of classic with something more modern with their Summertime program a couple seasons ago. I'm giving this a chance to be good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information