Carreira/Ponomarenko Need a Cheer Thread

Sylvia

TBD
Polina Edmunds' latest podcast episode (July 25, 2023) - they "chat about their ten year long career thus far and the revelations made from their successful past season.":

ETA that they're registered (as of June 28) to make their season debut at the Quebec Summer Championships on August 11-12 in Pierrefonds.

Last edited:

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
A lot of really good stuff in here! I don't want to summarize the whole thing, but a few notes about next season:

-want to keep building on the momentum they were gaining last season
-Anthony says this year's free dance is "very exciting"
-Christina says this year's rhythm dance is "a lot of fun" as well
-They are both in school (Anthony switch to psychology as a major recently from finance and Christina was doing general classes and is also interested in psych or law school but that would be post skating)
-Anthony says he was living in Michigan for a week and admires Christina's ability to drive back and forth from there to London every day because it was rough
-I did find it interesting to hear Christina say that she knows for many girls in ice dance they often feel replaceable, and that she considers herself very lucky to have a partner that is nice to her and comes into the rink with a smile on his face because not everyone has that

Anyway there's a lot more they talk about, but overall they are pleased with where they are and said they have clear goals of where they want to be. Can't wait to find out more about their new programs!

Rukia

This is the sweetest story 😭😭

I'm glad they're both able to be in a better place now, and also both here and in Polina's podcast we see that Anthony has really struggled both mentally and physically. Hearing him say how he broke down backstage after the free dance at worlds just realizing how far he has come and now knowing that he and Vincent made good on that promise to do this climb when they were both in better places just warms my heart.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Anthony & Christina might be as excited as we are for their season to start tomorrow!

Rukia

Anthony & Christina might be as excited as we are for their season to start tomorrow!

Is this a rd hint because I would be hype

Rukia

No idea, but it could be amazing if it is! We'll know in a little over 24 hours!
My husband called me a conspiracy theorist yesterday when I explained to him why i was positive Taylor Swift was announcing 1989 TV last night but I was right so I'm currently manifesting things and I would love this (but also just announce your music already we're going to know shortly anyway and I'm tired)

Karen-W

My husband called me a conspiracy theorist yesterday when I explained to him why i was positive Taylor Swift was announcing 1989 TV last night but I was right so I'm currently manifesting things and I would love this (but also just announce your music already we're going to know shortly anyway and I'm tired)
100% you need to predict that music choice tonight to him - that will really freak him out if your guess is correct tomorrow. He'll also be asking you to buy lottery tickets, lol.

litenkyckling

So it offically is a Stevie Nicks RD - I'm personally thrilled. It sets them apart from what we've seen so far and it also suits them too. I think they learned from Batdance that they really need to play to their own strengths in the RD. Hoping a video gets posted soon.

Rukia

So it offically is a Stevie Nicks RD - I'm personally thrilled. It sets them apart from what we've seen so far and it also suits them too. I think they learned from Batdance that they really need to play to their own strengths in the RD. Hoping a video gets posted soon.
I thought it was SO GOOD. That score was a joke but what can you do? Very pleased with this rd.

Rukia

People are fast

One thing I noticed is it almost looked like Anthony had a slight bobble in the partial fw, but bringing it down to lvl1 is kind of harsh? Also he switched to Edea boots which is inch resting. I thought his edges looked much deeper and they really looked faster especially at the end. Excited to see this progress.

Karen-W

I thought it was SO GOOD. That score was a joke but what can you do? Very pleased with this rd.
Yeah, we just have to keep in mind this is a Canadian domestic, summer competition. The scores are definitely sus and we all know they'll do much better in front of an international panel. They're looking sooooooooooo strong and it's only August!

litenkyckling

Don’t want to call this too early given we don’t know the FD music yet BUT I feel like the IAM team have really taken the time to get to know them and help them discover what they like and what they feel good doing because I think this music choice for them (and the choices last season) is inspired

Karen-W

Okay - watching the RD again and I don't have a problem with her costume itself, but what I really need for Christina to add to make this look perfect is at least one huge, RED and GOLD feather hair clip. That would just nail the whole vibe they're giving with the Stevie Nicks music.

happycamper2554

Pulled up the enhanced protocols (Thanks Skating Scores) and there was some shenanigans occurring. 3 judges had them in first place, 2 with a significantly higher score. Hopefully they will be judged favorably in international competition.

ccpompom

Rukia

Karen-W

Oh it’s you again - this is a cheer thread. Emily and Vadym have their own where your comments would be more welcome 👍🏻
Now, now... this is a good sign. Clearly our Canadian troll friend is very concerned about the good material that Christina & Anthony have in this RD, otherwise it wouldn't have wasted its breath visiting this cheer thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information