Canadian Ice Dance 2016-17 season news & updates

VGThuy

Part one of an in depth article on Paul and Islam

http://www.twofortheice.com/paul-islam-end-start/

That was an amazing interview. I really feel for Paul/Islam because their career trajectory must have been nothing but frustrating for them and it wasn't for a lack of trying. I also appreciated the thoughts about the difficulty of making lyrical programs and how subtlety and introverted qualities hinder success in ice dance.

I'm happy to see they are in a good place now.

Sylvia

TBD
I just posted a link to a photo of Alexandra Paul & Mitch Islam together on college graduation day in their thread here: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/index.php?threads/paul-islam-retire.100109/#post-5066057

George Waddell, 18, who placed 7th in Junior Dance at Canadians with Sabrina Bédard, is listed on IPS and his profile states:
My goals for next season are to compete on the [Jr.] Grand Prix circuit for the United Kingdom, and to hopefully qualify for Junior Worlds. My long term goal is to have international success in both junior and eventually senior, for the United Kingdom.

fan

George Waddell, 18, who placed 7th in Junior Dance at Canadians with Sabrina Bédard, is listed on IPS and his profile states:

Waddell has citizenship from the UK, Canada and the US, so he has a lot of options

jmtfti

No 2017-18 Canadian dance thread yet, but I'll post this here. I published some choreographer news for a few junior and senior Canadian dance teams on Two for the Ice; also note that Molly Lanaghan and Dmitre Razgulajevs are confirmed as senior competitors for Canada, Olivia Han and Grayson Lochhead (8th, 2017 Nationals) are at Scarboro, and Kaitlyn Chubb and Alex Gunther (15th, 2017 Nationals) at Mariposa:

2017-18 Programs and Choreography - Junior
2017-18 Programs and Choreography - Senior

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information