Brian Orser's condition?

JasperBoy

Stayin inside
Does anyone know how Brian O is today? Tracy said yesterday he was having gall bladder surgery. I hope it went well. He will be out of commission until the New Year I expect.
Get well, Brian.

Willin

That sucks.
Depends on what kind of Gall Bladder surgery and his health outside the gallbladder. My mother got her's removed emergently and was out of the hospital in less than 24 hours. She was back to normal activities the day after discharge. If he has other health problems (cardiac, renal, etc.) that make the surgery more complicated or they couldn't do it laproscopically, he may be out of commission longer, but I doubt he'll be out more than a couple weeks.

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

JasperBoy

Stayin inside
Tracy announced that Brian hoped to be released today to return to his hotel.
Yes, it was all the international flights Brian has to take that made me think he would not be able to do his usual coaching for a few weeks. Hope he is ready for the GPF at least.

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

SCeline

So glad to hear is on the mend. Not that there's EVER a 'good' time for a health crisis requiring surgery, but if it had to happen, better early in the season than later obviously. If I'm not mistaken, some medical conditions do get triggered to tipping points under stress. Possibly spasms involving the gall bladder with sufficient pain to require surgery seems one. I recall Carlo Fassi had a fatal heart attack while at Worlds many many moons ago. Obviously, never want to hear about that type of story again, for anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information