Boyang Jin cheer thread!

Japanfan

That quote doesn't quite make sense, as SKAIK the Chinese federation/government pays all skaters' expenses - as was the case in the Soviet system.

However, maybe it doesn't pay for family members to attend competitions?

Japanfan

I love that he doesn't always take himself so seriously.

He acknowledges that he is not yet mature, and that he needs to improve. I agree with his statements that four years is enough time for him. He is lucky to be in perfect position to peak at the next Olympic next games. For so many skaters that's either too much time, or too little.

I wonder whether and how Boyang will stretch himself next season. I say send him to Shae Lynne Bourne.

Last edited:

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
Watching him in the Kiss & Cry after his FS at the Olympics I wanted to reach through the screen and give my Spidey Jin a big hug when I saw those tears in his eyes! He did a great job at the Games! Wishing all my best to Boyang at Worlds! I hope he has two great skates and lands on the Worlds podium again! :kickass::cheer2::cheer:

chapis

And again, he is so underscored, I swear, Chinese federation is even worse than the Japanese one. Their skaters are alone against the World, I mean, even Korea could politick for Yuna, China is big, rich, next Olympic hosts and their biggest hope to finally stand out beside pairs is totally ignored :kickass:

DobrinFan

I guess I have to look at the protocol because I was shocked at that score being inside the arena I have no idea if lost levels or what :( I keep telling myself, he was not in the top 3 the last 2 Worlds either. Hoping for at least bronze :wuzrobbed

Lizziebeth

And again, he is so underscored, I swear, Chinese federation is even worse than the Japanese one. Their skaters are alone against the World, I mean, even Korea could politick for Yuna, China is big, rich, next Olympic hosts and their biggest hope to finally stand out beside pairs is totally ignored :kickass:
I think China only worries about papa pair skater.

jlai

Question everything

He got bronze at first world despite not having great ss and with some mistakes. So I don't know he is always underscored.
ANyway, I do like that Crouching Tiger program.

DobrinFan

What? Boyang has two World Bronzes (2016 and 2017).

I know that, I was there both times. He was not in the top 3 at either Worlds after the SP but still managed to medal. I hope he can take a medal, at least bronze, since he is so close to Zhou. The judges OBVIOUSLY love Kolyada and Chen so gold/silver may be out of reach depending on how decent they skate TES wise (they will out PCS him). Sure there is a chance, ice is slippery, but hopefully he can overtake Zhou and get at least bronze. That's better than 4th and it will be 3 podiums in a row!

Last edited:

livetoskate

I'm a fan of his, but what the heck is he doing? It looks ridiculous. Maybe he's trying to get attention and thinks such juvenile, odd behavior is endearing to little girl fans.

Japanfan

I'm a fan of his, but what the heck is he doing? It looks ridiculous. Maybe he's trying to get attention and thinks such juvenile, odd behavior is endearing to little girl fans.

I think he's just being silly. He seems to enjoy that. I'm reminded of an exhibition number he did in the past few years that made no sense at all. I forget what the music was, but the program was entirely bizarre - and Boyang had an absolute blast skating it.

I would like to see a choreographer who can work with Boyang's rather large personality. For example, think of how Philippe Candeloro embodies The Godfather and The Three Muskateers. Boyang is nothing at all like Candeloro, but I think he can use his personality to his advantage - and expand his range beyond Spiderman, Star Wars, and Chaplin.

Last edited:

arakwafan2006

I think he's just being silly. He seems to enjoy that. I'm reminded of an exhibition number he did in the past few years that made no sense at all. I forget what the music was, but the program was entirely bizarre - and Boyang had an absolute blast skating it.

I would like to see a choreographer who can work with Boyang's rather large personality. For example, think of how Philippe Candeloro embodies The Godfather and The Three Muskateers. Boyang is nothing at all like Candeloro, but I think he can use his personality to his advantage - and expand his range beyond Spiderman, Star Wars, and Chaplin.

Are you saying more masculine characters ? If so, Candelero used the time to pace and rest and cover up some of his skating skill deficits. Also, per the clips of Boyang being silly, i think you ARE seeing his personality.

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
Oh for goodness sake. He's just being funny in that video, just being silly! Some people should really lighten up! Much ado about nada!

Last edited:

Japanfan

Are you saying more masculine characters?
Not at all.

If so, Candelero used the time to pace and rest and cover up some of his skating skill deficits.

No such luxury for Boyang in the era of 5/6 quad free programs.

Also, per the clips of Boyang being silly, i think you ARE seeing his personality.[/QUOTE]

Yes. But I would hope that his personality is not bound by Star Wars, Spiderman, and Chaplin. For example, I think he could take on An American in Paris (though I hope not because I hate that old warhorse) or Don Quixote (because it's upbeat and expressive).

Basically, I would like for him to expand his range and think it's necessary if he is gunning to compete for OG in 2022.

arakwafan2006

Not at all.

No such luxury for Boyang in the era of 5/6 quad free programs.

Also, per the clips of Boyang being silly, i think you ARE seeing his personality.

Yes. But I would hope that his personality is not bound by Star Wars, Spiderman, and Chaplin. For example, I think he could take on An American in Paris (though I hope not because I hate that old warhorse) or Don Quixote (because it's upbeat and expressive).

Basically, I would like for him to expand his range and think it's necessary if he is gunning to compete for OG in 2022.[/QUOTE]

You want him to explore more with Don Quixote? American in paris? Yikes. The familiarity alone makes exploration hard due to the safety of those songs being familiar. I think i understand what you mean. The examples you have made me squint. I don’t mind Star Wars. I don’t think he was interpreting it literally. I think Lori used the music because of the framework it gave him to live up to. As in, i didn’t get starship from it. The cut was probably Lori’s worst. It was not harmonious. Still i didn’t mind it. The Spider-Man was cheesy and i found myself loving it. I was in chicago at Skater America where he bombed honestly. Still i liked the work of Lori.

Asking someone not artistically inclined to communicate uncharted territory isn’t easy. I mean, Denis Ten was in a rut with Tarasova however , Tat and Elena were developing him. Lori formed him into a male Kostner. The clay isn’t the same with jin BUT, he’s clearly willing. His improvement is contra say... Max Aaron who literally ignored skating skills and posture until the 11th hour.

Anyway, I’m a fan and I’m interested in seeing him
Improve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information