Boyang Jin cheer thread!

skateboy

What's Boyang's lp music? Did Nichol choreograh it? Who did the short program?
I noticed him strumming air guitar like Svetlana Boginskaya.
SP: Peter Frampton: While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Lori Nichol, choreographer.

LP, to be announced, Lori Nichol, choreographer.

Last edited:

Japanfan

I find Boyang's sp okay to watch, but again not very authentic in terms of expressing who Boyang is personality-wise and skating style-wise. I don't think he's figured out his on-ice style. And despite his obvious hard work and eagerness to learn, Boyang is simply not a musical skater. He can project and perform to the audience, but not very memorably nor with uniqueness, depth or solid conviction.

Give the program time.

And I think Boyang would be willing to do anything at all to improve for Beijing. The thing is finding the team that can help him to fulfill his potential.

BittyBug

Disgusted
While I think that Orser and his team could have been of great benefit to Jin, for Jin to really flourish he needs to be happy with his training situation, and if he didn't feel right about moving to Canada, then it would seem counterproductive for him to do so. Could he at least work part-time with whoever taught Han Yan his breathtaking skating skills?

arakwafan2006

mited overal

I find Boyang's sp okay to watch, but again not very authentic in terms of expressing who Boyang is personality-wise and skating style-wise. I don't think he's figured out his on-ice style. .

What the hell? do you think he knows his on-ice style or don't you? how is he going to be " authentic" to what you claim he does not know? Also, are you guys dating? you know the guy? How would you know the full spectrum of his personality? Who said he's ready to express his personality? Some of the best artists prefer character pieces because they have no desire to be that vulnerable. I just don't understand how people are so daft to think that they can walk away from a fluff piece or Instagram story and conclude " yep, i know his whole personality and that there choreography...that aint it". I could understand someone expressing a desire to see more of a certain thing they observed about a person during a glimpse but concluding that his whole dame personality was missed... really?

Japanfan

How would you know the full spectrum of his personality? Who said he's ready to express his personality? Some of the best artists prefer character pieces because they have no desire to be that vulnerable.

I think Boyang has indicated that he's definitely ready to express his personality and does so all the time. The kid has oodles of personality, and it was particularly evident in his Spiderman exhibition number - didn't really make much sense, but Boyang was having a blast.

Boyang is a bit quirky, but he's also maturing so we may see a more serious side of him in future.

savchenkoboss

Banned Member
Boyang is the one guy who can maybe match Chen when it comes to jumping but he does not have the beautiful artistry and moderately good skating skills of Chen to go with it.

Emerald66

Boyang is the one guy who can maybe match Chen when it comes to jumping but he does not have the beautiful artistry and moderately good skating skills of Chen to go with it.
No sorry, Boyang does have moderately good skating skills. That's why his pcs have gone up since 2016. As for Nathan, he's good and that's about it.

Japanfan

No sorry, Boyang does have moderately good skating skills. That's why his pcs have gone up since 2016. As for Nathan, he's good and that's about it.

Agree about Boyang's skating skills. And agree re Nathan, although some might say he is great or has the potential to be great. I don't see it myself, but you never know, he could surprise me in future.

Boyang has been training more ballet lately. He's definitely on his way.

It will be fascinating to watch Boyang grow in the next few years. I think he will do whatever it takes to contend for gold in Beijing. And I hope his coaching team knows what it will take. I wish Hongbo could have some input into Boyang's training because he was once a diamond in the rough himself.

Japanfan

Boyang's SP (landed everything!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0V9B6u-ayg

...and his LP (had some jump problems, but landed a quad Loop!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQFUB9f9_oY

I like the programs (costumes, too) and see lots of improvement.

These are interesting music choices, but obviously selected very carefully, and I think they are good vehicles to help Boyang grow.

I liked the fluidity I saw in the LP. Yes, there were some lapses, but Boyang is definitely working on his fluidity.

BittyBug

Disgusted
I like his new SP for him, a lot. The LP could be a very good vehicle as well.

One thing I really like about Jin is that he is not complacent - every season he shows improvement. Many would like to write him off as a jumping bean but he has become a much more balanced skater.

Emerald66

Such a shame about those traveling issues! No doubt it affected him. Also wondering if he should go back to training in Harbin? But this season isn't over yet and I'll continue to support Boyang no matter what.

Japanfan

It sounds like he is struggling with his confidence.:(

Out of curiousity, he said he did two hours of on-ice training a day, whereas skaters, especially western skaters typically train four hours a day. I've always thought that four hours a day on-ice was a whole lot in addition to off-ice training, that the four hours probably = two when breaks were accounted for.

So, I wonder if Boyang is actually doing less on-ice training than a lot of other skaters, or if he is just measuring that training time differently.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I'm sorry to read that he's struggling, especially when he's clearly worked so hard on his components skills and is committed to becoming a total skater with very high tech content.

DreamSkates

I haven't seen the jumps this year, that he has put out in the past. Hopefully the jumps will be better soon.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

Beautiful artistry by Chen? Where did you see that? Chen bores me. No artistry at all. Just jumps.

May be you saw Hanyu or Uno and thought it was Chen? (Just kidding)

Japanfan

Beautiful artistry by Chen? Where did you see that? Chen bores me. No artistry at all. Just jumps.

May be you saw Hanyu or Uno and thought it was Chen? (Just kidding)

To be fair, I think he's trying to improve artistically. Just as I am trying to really like him, given that he appears to dominate the next quad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information