Boring Facts About You

Cachoo

Because sometimes the "interesting fact about you" is overdone and sometimes the minutiae of daily life is comforting in these crazy times.

I'll start:

I drive a silver camry...I sometimes try to enter the wrong camry in a parking lot

I am craving parmesan cheese crisps

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I was born with super straight hair, but have been getting my hair permed for years. It's amazing how many people think I've had naturally curly hair all my life.

I was also born with super straight hair but it really won't take a perm correctly. For the 1st week I look like a poodle & over the next week the curls fall out. At the end of approximately 2 wks I have no curl left.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Standing, I’m nearly 5’8” tall. If you see a picture of me seated, I look to be the same size as my 5’1” niece.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I believe I shared this picture once before of me. I'm afraid I was born with very curly hair. I was a little over a year old in this pic.

Angie 1959

My mom told me that she had a hard time doing anything to my hair at that age. She tried ribbons, bows, even little pony tail rubber bands, but they would all fall out.

Then there was the deal with my eyebrows. They were pointed or either slanted. I'm not sure exactly what the deal was, but they were pointed. Neither my mom nor my dad had pointed eyebrows.

As I got older, I fell in love with Star Trek. I became a fan of Leonard Nimoy's (Mr. Spock), and I noticed he had those pointed eyebrows, too. His eyebrows came up to a point and were slanted. Because of that, I began asking my mom and dad was I adopted. I was 7 years old at the time. When my mom asked me why did I think I was adopted, I explained to her about Mr. Spock's pointed eyebrows. My mom never laughed so hard in her life! :rofl:

quartz

scratching at the light
I‘ve given you more than 13,000 posts filled with the most excruciatingly boring minatue of my feeble and inconsequential life, and still you ask for more?? Goodness!

Not sure there isn’t a boring fact I haven’t subjected ya’ll to yet, but I’ll go with these:
  • except for age 11-14 I have had bangs and I don’t care at all if they are fashionable or not
  • I am a first soprano and can sing all Handel’s Messiah choruses
  • Julie Andrews is an absolute goddess whom I have adored since the age of 5
  • I’ve read the Hobbit eleventy times eleven
  • I’d rather be fat than give up carbs
  • I will never not have a black cat(s)
  • fave colours are turquoise and emerald, but 75-80% of my wardrobe is black
  • fave flower is lily of the valley
  • fave stone is Labradorite
  • I have 28 nieces/great nieces
  • my fantasy job is a puppeteer
  • I am quite content to be a working class nobody - it is satisfying to find joy in such a simple life

Susan1

Everything about me is boring, but
I was born with super straight hair, but have been getting my hair permed for years. It's amazing how many people think I've had naturally curly hair all my life.
Super straight, fine, thin hair all my life. When my cousin was here on Christmas break from college, I went with her to get her hair cut. Christmas Eve, no other customers, they asked me if I wanted a perm. Why not. When I got home, my dad thought I had on a wig. I got perms for 30 years. Way back, one time, a woman at work asked me if I ever thought about getting my hair straightened, so it must have looked natural. When I got fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis and taking medications, twice the perm "fell out" after a couple weeks. So I am back to super straight, fine, thin hair.
Same, but replace silver Camry with blue Honda CRV.
I can combine that - silver Honda Civic.

hanca

Values her privacy
I don‘t like bananas.
I prefer cheese to chocolate.
I like apples but find cooked apple in eg, an apple pie disgusting.
I love bananas, but my digestive system doesn’t, sadly.
I definitely don’t prefer cheese to chocolate. Chocolate is the winner without doubt, even though I like cheese.
I like apples in cakes or cooked apple or any other way prepared, but I hate raw apples. Biting an apple gives me goose pimples! I can’t bear the sound of biting the apple (no matter if me biting it or someone else biting it).
I think I am exactly your opposite, @SHARPIE.

Last edited:

VGThuy

I don't get why women (and others) find British accents (I guess the kinds Americans are familiar with in RomComs or Austen adaptations) so sexy or why so many are so attractive to them over other kinds.

Jay42

Between the click of the light
I have been counting the days until autumn almost as soon as summer started.
Oh hard same.

I've been dying my hair dark brown since I was 16 because my natural hair colour is too light and it annoys me
I have completely lost count of how many movies I own on DVD/bluray but there are so many
I also have no idea how many books I have and that's after taking a bunch to the used book store because it was fiction I hadn't read since I was a teenager
I have a wall in my room that's covered in black and white posters and I love it

Cachoo

I don't get why women (and others) find British accents (I guess the kinds Americans are familiar with in RomComs or Austen adaptations) so sexy or why so many are so attractive to them over other kinds.

It depends on the person who is attached to the accent. :p

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....

Not me most of the time. Other than the posh movie accent I rarely can understand the speaker. For years I watched X Factor UK for the music only. The singers come from all over the UK & Ireland & I can understand very few of them speaking. Of course I could understand Simon Cowell but not even Louis Tomlinson. I think I'm tone deaf which means I'm lost with thick accents of any nationality.

Susan1

Not me most of the time. Other than the posh movie accent I rarely can understand the speaker. For years I watched X Factor UK for the music only. The singers come from all over the UK & Ireland & I can understand very few of them speaking. Of course I could understand Simon Cowell but not even Louis Tomlinson. I think I'm tone deaf which means I'm lost with thick accents of any nationality.
I could always understand the Beatles and the Stones and groups from the 60's fine (maybe not Ozzy, but who can, he needs subtitles all the time :) ), but not Prince Charles and his sons when they've been interviewed. I don't find British or Australian accents attractive at all, when I have to strain to figure out what they are saying. I always remember my interview for a secretarial job one time. My test was to transcribe an interoffice memo (don't ask, kids) tape by the owner, who was from Leeds. The subject was cumpnyvickles? That's as far as I got before I had to ask. Once Jackie listened and said it was "company vehicles", I got the hang of it. Got the job too.

They had a recurring "joke" on Gilmore Girls that when Mia, the owner, came to town, she couldn't understand Michel's French accent. I REALLY couldn't, 75% of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information