Because of the current situation with the outbreak, will the rules for pairs, ice dancing and synchronized skating change?

tylersf

Will this discipline have to wear masks, gloves and not be closer than 6 feet apart? What happens to lifts and throw jumps? Remember in some communities, being closer than 6 feet to someone in public is considered a crime. Therefore, these disciplines may go away. What do you think?

blue_idealist

I know that some pairs teams still have to skate six feet apart in practice. However, in Ontario, Canada, you can have up to 10 people in a 'bubble' that you don't have to distance from. You can hug them, etc. So I think if you put your partner in your bubble, you'd be able to touch them whenever. That won't work for synchro, though, I guess.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Is there some link to the law or health directive saying you are going to be arrested for being closer than 6 ft? Seems a bit extreme and I thought I would have heard about it

I would also think if you're in a pairs situation either pairs or dance that your partner is part of your circle of contacts/family circle.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Plus by some miracle college football and NFL football is supposed to be played this fall. No way to put 24 players on a field with 6 ft between them.

This is a spoof question/thread

FSWer

If being closer then 6 feet is considered a crime...then that is totally ridiculous. As there are a lot more important things to charge people for. As far as Ice-Dance, Pairs and Synchronized Skating go...you can't do either one, without holding hands or making contact in some way. So what I'm going to predict, and I hope every one of us will pray for..is that they come up with a vaccine that will protect all 3...(and of course all people) enough were we can say we won't need to worry about having to be 6' apart anymore. Also the next Winter Olympics comes up in 2022. So hopefully we can have one before or by then.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
California

California is a state. It's not a community.

But if you aren't trolling and are looking for a serious answer to your question, hopefully the situation is temporary and won't require any long-term changes to the rules. And if the situation is ongoing, then IMO protecting people's health takes priority over participating in a sport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information