Battle of the Blades is returning to CBC this Fall!

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Battle of the Blades premiere postponed.

From Facebook:
Important Update*
The skaters have been working hard in preparation for the new season and it's exciting to see their chemistry develop.

However, an individual on the Battle of the Blades production team recently tested positive for *********-19 and so we are temporarily halting all training to ensure the health and safety of everyone involved.

As a result, the October 15th live premiere of Battle of the Blades Season 6 has been postponed. We'll let you know as soon as there's an update.

Pretty sure I know who it is.... and it’s an American

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
The NHL, NBA, WNBA and MLB seasons have had successful seasons in spite of cases. I didn’t think they would manage it, but they did.

BOTB management is being very responsible in handling this, so kudos to them.

🙄🙄🙄 This person didn’t have to be there. She’s known to travel across the states before coming up to Toronto. She only came up because it’s an excuse to see her Canadian boyfriend on a work visa

sap5

🙄🙄🙄 This person didn’t have to be there. She’s known to travel across the states before coming up to Toronto. She only came up because it’s an excuse to see her Canadian boyfriend on a work visa

If she doesn't have to be there, why does the article say she's returning to the show after the quarantine?

Either stop making stuff up or just say the name of the person so we can contact the authorities, since it seems like you are talking about someone that producers are not currently monitoring.

seabm7

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
The NHL, NBA, WNBA and MLB seasons have had successful seasons in spite of cases. I didn’t think they would manage it, but they did.

MLB had to keep juggling its games schedule because of players testing positive and teams refusing to play other teams that had positive tests. The only reason the season has lasted this long is because now that it's the playoffs, there are fewer players/staff around to catch or transmit the v*r*s. I wouldn't call this season a success.

mackiecat

Ontario is going into a tighter phase. Would this shutdown the production?

No, tv productions are not affected. Nor is figure skating.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10

The NBA, WNBA, and the the NHL created "bubbles", where the p!ayers lived, practiced, and played during their shortened seasons, creating and extended, quasi-quarantine situation. And one player returned home for a funeral, stopped at a strip club " for the food", and came back positive.

The NBA spent over $150m according to Reuters on this:

"Among the costs to the NBA are daily tests for COVID-19, treatment and quarantine associated with positive tests, and meals, security, transportation, sanitation of facilities including practice gyms and staging of games at multiple stadium sites (three arenas are planned for use)."

If they lost $1b in ticket sales, and were still paying those substantial salaries, imagine what the TV/streaming revenues must have been to make it worthwhile.

Like almost evry aspect about the WNBA, aside from the basketball, the.NBA didn't spend nearly as much on them, but they still created a bubble

According to a Reddit thread, the NHL spent between 75-90m on both of theirs.

MLB has the media contracts and a network of its own to cover all of the stops and starts to their bubble-less season.

Desperado

What is your point @overedge and @kwanfan1818 ? That BOtB should never have happened? That I should’ve picked better examples? If that’s the case, say it.

Right now you’re just spending energy on schooling me about professional leagues with a lot of information I already know.

Desperado

That your analogy is irrelevant in multiple ways. What was your point in bringing up these professional leagues?
That in spite of Covid, other professional sports activities have gone on. You’re still not answering. Do you think it was a mistake for BOTB to try? Should they pack it in over one case?

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
That in spite of *********, other professional sports activities have gone on. You’re still not answering. Do you think it was a mistake for BOTB to try? Should they pack it in over one case?
Other sports have gone on by throwing huge sums of money at it to isolate the players, so comp!etely irrelevant to BOTB. MLB didn't, but had enough revenue coming in to continually interrupt its season, so practically irrelevant to BOTB.

I don't really care whether they gave it/continue to give it a try or whether they pack it in. I hope they didn't make their decisions based on irrelevant comparisons with major sports leagues, because that would have been dangerous and irresponsible.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Why wasn't Luba invited? That's what I want to know!
Luba is enjoying her surprise engagement at the moment. She's coaching "little kids", doing choreography, and enjoying all of that too. Anything is likely unimportant :)

Perky Shae Lynn

Yes I know that. But why wasn't she invited? I would have thought she was an obvious choice.
They've had a long standing relationship with Violetta; Luba may be perceived by producers as too similar. Or as not having enough appeal to their demographics: doesn't have a huge following in Canada like Meagan, not a legend like Katia, not an international star like Vanessa, etc... Or maybe her hair is not long enough, who knows. She obviously didn't check off enough boxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information