Australian skating news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orm Irian

Do you think they will move their training base, or with her citizenship are they just done?
They'd be smart to move, but other than avoiding competitions in France I think they should be okay to continue? I haven't heard that any other nations have stated they'll refuse visas for Russian nationals who already compete for other nations. And Australia isn't quite as on the outs with most other competition nations as it is with France, either!

sus2850

No it was a visa issue.
That is sad to hear.
So the other Russian athletes/coaches skating/working for EU nations maybe had earlier visas then and could not be refused, I guess. (Like Nikita Starostin/Germany and coach Savin/working with German pairs)
It is still strange.

Last edited:

Foolhardy Ham Lint

According to Anastasia's Instagram she's currently in Finland and just a few days ago was in Tallinn, so she and Hektor should have no difficulties getting to Junior Worlds. :)
How crazy to think no matter where they finish, that Australia will provisionally earn two spots at next year's championship.

Sabine-Yuna

How crazy to think no matter where they finish, that Australia will provisionally earn two spots at next year's championship.
But they would have earned two spots at senior Worlds as well and that would have been much more important for Australia, because you have two decent Senior pairs. I'm not sure if Australia really needs two spots for next junior Worlds, because forming new Australian pairs with a Russian partner and getting into a Russian coaching team could be difficult at the moment.

Orm Irian

But they would have earned two spots at senior Worlds as well and that would have been much more important for Australia, because you have two decent Senior pairs. I'm not sure if Australia really needs two spots for next junior Worlds, because forming new Australian pairs with a Russian partner and getting into a Russian coaching team could be difficult at the moment.
Hektor (19) and Anastasia (15) will still be age-eligible for Junior Worlds next year, and so I think will be Campbell Young and Lachlan Lewer.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Agreed. I mentioned in a previous post how frustrating that they couldn't go to France for the Senior World Championships, and potentially earn two spots for Australia there.

Anyway, here's hoping that Campbell & Lachlan earn the senior minimums to compete at Four Continents in Sydney next year. I would love Australia to send a full team of 18 skaters.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Agreed. I mentioned in a previous post how frustrating that they couldn't go to France for the Senior World Championships, and potentially earn two spots for Australia there.

Anyway, here's hoping that Campbell & Lachlan earn the senior minimums to compete at Four Continents in Sydney next year. I would love Australia to send a full team of 18 skaters.
Australia needs some more women and men to earn the 4CCs TES mins if the hope is to send a full team to that event.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Australia needs some more women and men to earn the 4CCs TES mins if the hope is to send a full team to that event.
The last two years has seen a lot of competitions cancelled. But it is definitely possible if Vlada Vasiliev, Charlton Doherty and Darian Kaptich are sent to some senior international events to earn the minimum TES.

I wonder how old Hana Bath is, because she is really like Australia's secret weapon in the junior ladies' division.

Orm Irian

The last two years has seen a lot of competitions cancelled. But it is definitely possible if Vlada Vasiliev, Charlton Doherty and Darian Kaptich are sent to some senior international events to earn the minimum TES.

I wonder how old Hana Bath is, because she is really like Australia's secret weapon in the junior ladies' division.
Darian already has his SP minimums.

Hanna

Skating junkie
Golubeva/Giotopoulos-Moore seem to have been training in Sydney for a while now. :) Do they have a coach there?

Hanna

Skating junkie
I believe their coaches, Galina and Andrei Pachin, are based primarily in Sydney?
Thanks Sylvia! Were they coached by them before or is this a new development? Somehow I thought they trained in Russia before.

Bunny Hop

Queen of the Workaround
Thanks Sylvia! Were they coached by them before or is this a new development? Somehow I thought they trained in Russia before.
I believe they were in Russia previously with the same coaches. Galina is in Sydney with them - saw a picture on Facebook of the three of them at one of the Sydney rinks.

Sylvia

TBD
The 2022 Annual General Meeting of Ice Skating Australia is on Saturday 7th May at IceWorld Boondall - info:

High Performance Report for 2021-22: https://www.isa.org.au/_files/ugd/b5945d_d3f70a34615543688fc42b8c60691f5f.pdf
Excerpts:
The National Squad which has not been done since 2020-22 due to the Covid 19 Pandemic.
After Australian Nationals 2022 there will be a new National Squad named.

There are currently funding incentives for skaters at the JR and SR levels.
(Per ISA-04)
In the Competition Resullts section on page 3: "Unfortunately, Chantelle [Kerry]/Andrew [Dodds] are no longer skating together."
Next Olympic Cycle
A strategy for the next 4 years is in the works. Working towards having skaters represent
Australia in all disciplines. (Singles, Pairs, Dance) in Milano/Cortina, Italy in 2026.
Working towards skating smart and generating strong scores by executing elements well and
generating positive GOE. By encouraging skaters in Basic Novice – Senior to work on more
difficult elements and building their scores by doing what they do well. The proposal for this in
progress. (Special Achievement Pin Program)

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
Oh, that's so disappointing that Kerry/Dodds have split. I imagine that will be retirement for both.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

In the Competition Resullts section on page 3: "Unfortunately, Chantelle [Kerry]/Andrew [Dodds] are no longer skating together."
I guess the Olympics were their dream, and with the rise of Harris and Chan, it must be tough seeing another equally strong team overtaking them.

Too bad neither skater kept up their singles skills. The Four Continents team next year could use another male and female solo skater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information