Anna Pogorilaya - Her future prospects?

Plusdinfo

I was very impressed with her SP at Europeans, and this program was done under just as intense pressure, likely much more. But Anna's interpretation of the music is worse than Gracie's, right? ;) Glad I can enjoy her skating for what it is and not let judges make a score too meaningful.

kwanoverrated

Banned Member
It is good the judges were willing to put her in 2nd even though she is considered Russian #3, and the Russian #1 and #2 both skated cleanly, yet she is over them. It shows the open mindedness and fairness of judging in the sport has improved in general.

I hope she can hold it together in the long. My ideal podium has both Anna and Ashley on it, and I dont even care about the 3rd person.

Spun Silver

I was very impressed with her SP at Europeans, and this program was done under just as intense pressure, likely much more. But Anna's interpretation of the music is worse than Gracie's, right? ;) Glad I can enjoy her skating for what it is and not let judges make a score too meaningful.
She may not interpret music any better than Gracie, but she has more presence (when not splatting) and moves much better nowadays. Her lines are weird and wonderful.

Plusdinfo

That was sarcasm, Spun Silver! Pure sarcasm, as accompanied by the winking smiley face!! :cool: In no mental or physical state could I declare Gracie to have interpreted the music anywhere near as well as Anna did in the SP. As I noted elsewhere, Gracie's IN scores to me reek of "Oh, her coach is Frank Carroll. She has blonde hair and a pretty dress. She's probably America's top prospect skating on home soil."

Anyway: Anna really and truly delivered with her jumping passes and her movement. I hope she nails her LP.

Plusdinfo

Ok, sorry. I am new to this thread and havent yet mastered who loves and who cant stand whom! Go, Pogo!

No need to apologize. I don't think there are any current ladies I cannot stand, just some I surely find less musical than others, regardless of scoring. I am not a frequent poster, so there's no reason you should have known/know my preferences. I am new to the thread, too, and I just wanted to let Anna's fans know that a pretty discriminating observer (me) was really impressed with her composure and execution in the SP.

I agree with all of the comments I've read about Anna having a presence beyond her years. In fact, though her style is not the same, I guess one reason I like her is that she has maturity like Maria Butyrskaya did, and Maria is one of my all-time favorites.

Coquelicot14

Absolutely amazing skate, I didn't expect her to be able to pull it off two times in a row! Так держать!! :40beers:
Congratulations to Anna Tsareva as well, isn't she one of the youngest coaches to lead their skater to a World medal?

bardtoob

I agree with all of the comments I've read about Anna having a presence beyond her years. In fact, though her style is not the same, I guess one reason I like her is that she has maturity like Maria Butyrskaya did, and Maria is one of my all-time favorites.

Yes, yes, yes!!!

I think Anna should have won the LP and championship. I am glad she got a medal.

Spun Silver

I am thrilled for her. From #TeamTrainwreck to Worlds podium in one season. Anna is an original and a warrior. She may not be for everyone, but we cognoscenti recognize how exciting and beautiful she is. :) Wishing her a great celebration of her accomplishment and really good programs next season.

arakwafan2006

No need to apologize. I don't think there are any current ladies I cannot stand, just some I surely find less musical than others, regardless of scoring. I am not a frequent poster, so there's no reason you should have known/know my preferences. I am new to the thread, too, and I just wanted to let Anna's fans know that a pretty discriminating observer (me) was really impressed with her composure and execution in the SP.

I see the parallels as well to Maria

PashaFan

I think if the event was in any other country then Anna would have won silver & Sotako would have been 4th but I'm just so thrilled for Anna.
She looked so focused out there.
She made my night.
A beautiful girl with such talent.................move over Gracie.

Plusdinfo

I think if the event was in any other country then Anna would have won silver & Sotako would have been 4th but I'm just so thrilled for Anna.

I agree that Anna and Satoko could/should have been higher, but what's done is done, and if I want to rewatch any of the top 6 finishers it will be those two.

One of the great things (I believe) about Anna is that she seems to have great potential with the kinds of programs she can pull off, and now she's proven to everyone that she can two technically tough programs on a big stage. Brava!

alexikeguchi

Anna's performance was a delight to watch live. I have been a fan of her interesting and dramatic skating for a while, but this was next level. Her jumps never looked in any doubt, and her interpretation of her warhorse music was possibly the best I can recall, including Davis and White's Olympic gold medal winning free dance. You go girl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information