AGT 2019

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Julianne Hough with OTT makeup replacing Heidi and I don't know the singer replacing MelB. (I'm sure I should, but I don't)

Anyway the teen who sang an original song could do very, very well in the Taylor Swift mode. She could win this, except it will be interesting to see if she does original songs all the way through. I suspect her greatest talent, like Swifts', is writing.

And the first X. Some hairy guy calling himself Monkey doing ballet.

ilovepaydays

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I'm not a fan of talking/singing music so I didn't like the girl with the original song. I couldn't tell if she actually has singing ability. She sounded like she was reading one of her poems. Some poems set well to music, some don't. IMO hers didn't. I liked the comedienne but not much else. The magician bored me. I saw the guy last year, I didn't need to see a clone. But I did like the guy who got the golden buzzer. His mother was precious.

A.H.Black

I liked the dance group from India. Don't think they will win but it was fun to watch. The "entertainer" (I have no idea what else to call that person) had a very good voice - he may go far into the competition. I liked that comic from Jamaica as well.

I always tape the show and watch it later so I can skip through all the judge stuff. I can watch the acts in about 45 minutes.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I thought the last guy was cute, perfectly pleasant, an ok singer and a slightly better than ok rapper. Golden buzzer worthy? Non.

taf2002

I liked the Aussie acrobats & loved Terry Crews' part. l also liked the comedian & the 11 yr old with the fantastic voice. I thought she deserved the golden buzzer the most.

BaileyCatts

The last guy was .... okay. He had a nice voice 'n all but getting the Golden Buzzer?? Really?? Since you can tell they clip together these shows due to the judges are wearing different outfits, I wonder if at the point that guy performed was really near the end of all the contestants and they were running out of people so Howie had to hurry up and pick someone. :lol:

The Aussie guys were nice, but there have been better strength acts.

The magic guy with the rocking chair ... meh. Did you see how he picked up that cushion and put it so her back was against it? I wonder if there was some kind of sensor in that cushion. :shuffle:

I can't remember anyone else! Very dull show last night. :blah::blah:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
The 2 80 something's were amazing.They won't win, but they are the acts I love to watch. The 13 year old singer could do great with good management. The impressionist had me :lol: I don't normally like the sad stories, but that child was adorable and he made me tear up

Last edited:

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
He was no Terry Fador or Paul Zerdin (my all time fave ventriloquists from AGT) but I agree that the bird guy was very good and definitely made me laugh. I thought the older lady who sang earlier in the ep was really good (the one that sang "Never Tear Us Apart") and I really enjoyed the comedian who was using comedy to overcome his fears (some of his jokes had me rolling :lol: ). The older guys who did the balancing act were AMAZING and I didn't see that coming at all! Overall I thought the show was pretty good tonight and OMG, I adored the young violinist at the end. BOOOO to those kids who bullied that poor young man as he battled cancer. :(

BaileyCatts

OMG the Bird Guy!!!!! :rofl: Tweeting without thinking ...... I'll be back ..... oh my gawd I laughed so hard I hurt my throat!!!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: The Older Guys were amazing! That guy is my age and he gets up from laying on the floor holding another full grown man above him with one arm. I can't even get myself up off the floor. 😁 Liked the Beer Guy too. And the comedian with the one liners .... are we sure his whole persona wasn't part of his act because I thought he was hysterical. And the Kid Violinist was amazing. How do those talented little kids get so good so fast when he has only been playing for a few years. Amazing. Tonight was a much better round than last week, that's for sure.

Skate Talker

And the comedian with the one liners .... are we sure his whole persona wasn't part of his act because I thought he was hysterical.
Exactly what I was wondering, especially since his back-story interview seemed so smoothly done. If it's faked, I wonder if it is down to him or if AGT might at least partially be manipulating us for the effect, just like the other so-called reality shows. If AGT is not involved, I wonder how much research they do to fact check stories like this.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I never really care who wins on AGT and I'm glad they've really upped the variety acts versus the singers. I just enjoy the shows and don't really care who wins once the live shows start. I do hate it when the little kids get rejected. They are all so excited when they make it through the first round and you just know most are doomed to :wuzrobbed at some point. It's kind of like the junior level skaters who win lots of stuff early and then they start to grow and.....and you know the happy KnC is going to change.

taf2002

I liked the violin child's backstory more than his actual playing. It was good but not Golden Buzzer good. I guess I'm a hard grader. Some of the acts advanced that I wouldn't have advanced. I love stand-up comedy but not too fond of one-liners so I didn't love that guy. His awkward delivery & too long pauses were off-putting for me. I liked the bird guy, the strength guys, & the beer guy the most. The little girl who sang I Put a Spell On You was good but the song selection was really wacko from an 11 yr old.

Moto Guzzi

quartz

scratching at the light
I caught the choir midway through, and cried at the end anyways, even without knowing the backstory.
:D :shuffle:

BaileyCatts

I don't know why I laughed so hard at the Karaoke Guy, but he was kind of hysterical. :rofl: Oh he won't win by any means, but damn that was funny. I can't even think of what he will do for the next round. :p

I think the Flute Player woulda worked if he could play a lot better than he did. But I get it. :grope:

Love the kid playing the guitar. But I don't think the girl that Simon made start over with no music was all that great (and agree with Simon that the track was terrible). Good kid singer, but not great.

Loved the kids choir and probably the best kids choir they have ever had. This one deserved the Golden Buzzer.

Doggies! :dog::dog::dog: I think all future dog acts will always be compared to Olate Dogs, and they weren't at that level, but .... doggies!!!!!!! :dog:

And I can't even with the rat. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

taf2002

He wasn't very good, or entertaining.
However, the choir certainly was!

I agree he wasn't good (I don't think he was supposed to be) but entertaining? I was screaming/laughing. The best part was when Terry came out shirtless & played his flute. I liked Nick Cannon but I think Terry is the best host they've had.

I also liked the guitar guy, the karaoke guy, & loved the kid's choir. I don't usually like the choirs but these kids were special & there's a special place in heaven for the choirmaster.

skatesindreams

The dancer who gave himself the Golden Buzzer; probably does have real ability.
I'm unsure that he advanced his cause by doing so.

BaileyCatts

Doggie!!!!! :dog::dog::dog: Did you see the look in that dog's eyes when he was looking up at daddy when Simon was talking them before they started their act? That looked like pure loving pouring outta that doggie's eyes to me. ❤❤❤❤

ETA: look at the 43-45 second mark ..... that there is pure doggie luvs!!!! :p and daddy ain't too bad to look at either. :smokin::smokin:

Last edited:

taf2002

The dancer who gave himself the Golden Buzzer; probably does have real ability.
I'm unsure that he advanced his cause by doing so.

I really don't think hitting the buzzer will hurt him. The judges were all enjoying him before that & after all, they all gave him a yes. But I don't know what he can do for a 2nd act. I think it will just be more of the same. Simon suggested to Julianne that he should be her golden buzzer & she said no pretty emphatically.

I usually am pretty lukewarm about the kiddy acts but my favorites were the boy & girl dancers & the little opera singer. I also loved the choir from South Africa. I'm generally meh about choirs but there are 2 this year that I absolutely love. The shadow dancers were good but we've seen it all before. Ditto the dog act. I loved the dog, he was beautiful, but the act was nothing special to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information