Banned Member

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Annenko Sretenski had some great pro performances. My favorites-

Thanksgiving

Ave Maria

Summertime

bardtoob

I much prefer her skating to Janet Lynn's. Big skating, big expression. I understand why Frau Jutta Muller was so upset at Gaby for retiring two years before the Olympics. She had the gold medal in the bag.
There is no question that Gabby had it all.

I have mixed feelings only because without that contrast between Schuba and Lynn there might not have been an SP.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
There is no question that Gabby had it all.

I have mixed feelings only because without that contrast between Schuba and Lynn there might not have been an SP.
You make an excellent point. The world only saw skating at the Olympics back then for the most part. When 72 Sapporo happened, it was like there was a choice: "Do you want skating to continue to look like Trixie Schuba or do we want some changes so that a Janet Lynn can win?". If it had been Gaby Seyfert winning the Olympic gold medal as she would have, there wouldn't have been much controversy. Gaby had amazing skills and strengths just like Janet had hers. Like comparing the Japanese women's skaters with the Levitos/Cohens of this world. Both are special in their own ways as skaters and yet are not glaringly deficient in any primary aspect.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
I much prefer her skating to Janet Lynn's. Big skating, big expression. I understand why Frau Jutta Muller was so upset at Gaby for retiring two years before the Olympics. She had the gold medal in the bag. Alas, Frau got to work and her girls won all the Olympic gold medals in singles skating in the 80s. Gaby was the reason/inspiration.

I am unfamiliar with her. I’ll have to watch this later today when I can focus

bardtoob

Gaby Seyfert

I am unfamiliar with her. I’ll have to watch this later today when I can focus

Gaby is Jutta Mueller's daughter. She was Peggy Fleming's international rival in 1968. Peggy got first in both phases of the 1968 Olympics while Gaby got 2nd in both phases. It's interesting to note that at that time Peggy and Gaby where still able to beat Trixie Schuba in compulsory figures, who placed 3rd in compulsory figures but 12th in free skating.

I will point out that I admire Trixie Schuba's compulsory figures now and I think they were the greatest ever, including among all the men skaters.

Also, it is a foregone conclusion that Annette and Katarina were modeled after Gabby ... Errr ... and Coach Jutta Mueller actually poached Annette from coach Gabby Seyfert :drama:

Last edited:

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
Also, it is a foregone conclusion that Annette and Katarina were modeled after Gabby ... Errr ... and Coach Jutta Mueller actually poached Annette from coach Gabby Seyfert :drama:
That is HI-larious!!!!! You can tell just by looking at her that Jutta is a woman who means business. It is best not to cross her. Daughters included. No exceptions. LOL. I love the Teutonic attitude! Go Jutta!!!

bardtoob

Gaby is Jutta Mueller's daughter. She was Peggy Fleming's international rival in 1968. Peggy got first in both phases of the 1968 Olympics while Gaby got 2nd in both phases. It's interesting to note that at that time Peggy and Gaby where still able to beat Trixie Schuba in compulsory figures, who placed 3rd in compulsory figures but 12th in free skating.

I will point out that I admire Trixie Schuba's compulsory figures now and I think they were the greatest ever, including among all the men skaters.

That is HI-larious!!!!! You can tell just by looking at her that Jutta is a woman who means business. It is best not to cross her. Daughters included. No exceptions. LOL. I love the Teutonic attitude! Go Jutta!!!

Here's a video where you come to see Gabby but stay past the 5:35 mark because Jutta Mueller is absolutely fabulously gorgeous :swoon:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Paul Wylie 1992 World pro Champ. Music - Why God Why (Miss Saigon)

Paul Wylie 1994 World Pro - Schindlers List

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Has this been posted? Michelle Kwan 1998 World Pro. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYwAZb14Ags

Now this is what I miss about actual figure skating. Look how those positions throughout the program are just held to create a moment. Now there’s no time to do that because you have to rush and rush to get your next circus jump packed in.

Michelle Kwan side note - what would you say her weakest element was? The layback? Interesting because her positions in the Sit spin and Camel spin were top notch

Plusdinfo

I'm going on another track of "gives you chills" and mentioning Tonya Harding's Olympic performances. She was capable of so much more than she put out, and even though her Olympic record is not glowing, I believe she actually wasn't too far off from doing much better. One completed triple axel in Albertville would have almost certainly meant a medal, perhaps not just bronze. Anyway, those Olympic programs also give me chills for imagining how much better her life and reputation may have turned out if they had been a touch better.

suki

I don’t know if anyone has a copy of this program— Navarro/Bommentre 2007 FD Beatles medley. I remember loving everything about it. The music was cut so well.

That was their free dance to the Beatles "Golden Slumbers," the last song on the Abbey Road album (featuring the immortal line "In the end the love you take is equal to the love you make"). It was a great free program. (Full disclosure: I am a Beatles fanatic.) The video was posted on YouTube a few years back, but then was removed. I don't know if it had something to do with a copyright issue or something else. I keep waiting for another team to dance to this, maybe Hawayek/Baker or Parsons/Green. I also think some team should skate to "Something." I could see Chock and Bates or Carriera/Ponomorenko steam up the ice with the right choreography.

bardtoob

Last edited:

giselle23

Now this is what I miss about actual figure skating. Look how those positions throughout the program are just held to create a moment. Now there’s no time to do that because you have to rush and rush to get your next circus jump packed in.

Michelle Kwan side note - what would you say her weakest element was? The layback? Interesting because her positions in the Sit spin and Camel spin were top notch
Michelle improved her layback a lot when she switched to the dropped free-leg version. I would say she didn't have any truly weak elements. She did have trouble at times with her 3Lo and of course, her 3-3.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
i love her long from this comp.

That was actually her technical program for the event, as the interpretive free skate had certain jump rules to follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information