2024 World Figure Skating Championships in Montreal

AnnM

It was a pretty good sized crowd for both events today. It's not obvious if you're not in the arena, but most of the empty seats in the lower bowl are either on the media end section or in the sections behind the judge set aside for the ISU. I haven't seen the 2nd tier used in any arena for quite some time so that was a nice surprise.

Debrah

I am watching via a smart TV with a fire stick, using a VPN set to Mexico,+ the Youtube app ISU channel and I am now happier, considering how devastated I, and my usual skating companion - Lise, felt because of not being healthy enough to attend in person as we had planned. It worked perfectly!

Judy

So that explains the young folks (late teens?) sitting behind me that seem knowledgeable- but they keep kicking the back of my seat. One time when I turned around - a girls feet were resting on the top of the back of my seat - ewww.
Maybe they will not be there tomorrow.
Don’t put up with that. Just tell them politely that they’re bothering you. If that doesn’t work tell them that you’ll have to report them to staff. Seat kicking is the worst and feet resting is just wrong. I think they just don’t realize .but not your problem 🙄. You don’t even have to be polite. Get your boots off my seat and stop kicking my seat works well

Last edited:

NightAngel75

Thanks! Once the event is done, it no longer plays on CBC gem or CBC sports. Maybe they’ll upload it later, but it’s frustrating - especially since the event is in Canada for the first time in over 10 years.
I watch Skate Canada International on both after it was broadcast live, so hopefully Worlds will be available there too! (Well i really hope so, wouldn't make any sens otherwise lmao)

Sylvia

TBD

ice coverage

Has anyone been to the Fan Fest and can report the food options?

Not about food, but yesterday in FanFest enclosed tent, Mondor was giving away free tights and headbands.

Tent also had table with some Worlds merchandise.
(Not sure, but I think maybe tote bag had slightly lower price inside Bell Centre??)

Next to tent is L'Erable wooden "shack" (my word). Like a food truck where you order at the window.
It had poutine on menu board yesterday. I did not catch what else.

No food vendor in tent yesterday, AFAIK.
But tent had a few empty tables and chairs -- not sure whether it means fans could bring outside food (from L'Erable, for example) into tent and sit down to eat there??

Tent is btwn Gare Windsor and Bell Centre.

Last edited:

Sonata

I watch Skate Canada International on both after it was broadcast live, so hopefully Worlds will be available there too! (Well i really hope so, wouldn't make any sens otherwise lmao)
So it definitely wasn’t there right after the event. As usual, so hard to find on CBC.

The French broadcast was, however, immediately available on Radio-Canada: https://ici.radio-canada.ca/sports/...ux-patinage-artistique-femmes-programme-libre

Alain Goldberg is one of the announcers. He’s very quiet. /s

A friend of mine is there with her non skating fan husband. He went because he knew my friend would appreciate it and to eat poutine but he’s having a great time. He thinks side by side spins are super scary and should be banned :lol: He also can now recognize some jumps and spins, which is kind of impressive.

Judy

So it definitely wasn’t there right after the event. As usual, so hard to find on CBC.

The French broadcast was, however, immediately available on Radio-Canada: https://ici.radio-canada.ca/sports/...ux-patinage-artistique-femmes-programme-libre

Alain Goldberg is one of the announcers. He’s very quiet. /s
On CBC I could only only watch on CBC sports app and had to click on live .. couldn’t find it on CBC Gem. I think around 11:00/12:00 late at night I picked up Meagan and Kurt. I’m on a tablet though but kinda have it figured out now. I went to bed after they’re the pairs and missed ladies. Hope that somehow helps.

Debbie S

So I can confirm that the 'converted (from men to women) bathroom near the costume exhibit has urinals, a few stalls and then curtains up around the rest, which presumably includes the sinks, b/c there are none in the...whatever the new bathroom is called. WTF?

Today, Florent Amodio is sitting in our old seats. No photogs there that I can see. But we're enjoying our reassigned view!

Last edited:

Judy

So I can confirm that the 'converted (from men to women) bathroom near the costume exhibit has urinals, a few stalls and then curtains up around the rest, which presumably includes the sinks, b/c there are none in the...whatever the new bathroom is called. WTF?

Today, Florent Amodio is sitting in our old sears. No photogs there that I can see. But we're enjoying our reassigned view!
We need a pic 🤣🤷‍♀️🤣

Oreo

The pizza place on the concourse says they have no idea if they will have pizza because nothing is organized here
For god’s sake, don’t go near that pizza! It outwardly appears as pizza but will not sustain human life. In desperation I ingested some yesterday and this morning I felt like the worst ultra-processed product imaginable was replicating through my cells.

SkateJoy

Has anyone tried leaving the venue and coming back in with their tickets? I can’t imagine being stuck in there all day with arena food.

mtnskater

We’ve been going out of the arena everyday to eat. Just make sure you scan your ticket out as you leave.

Security guard made me throw out my empty water bottle with the cap off last evening coming back in after dinner. I had no problem getting in with the empty bottle all week prior. I argued with him about uneven rules being applied. I’m going to wrap it in my scarf from now on.

Narrow concourses with bulkheads sticking out. Very hard to move around the arena during breaks. I’m going to do some treadmill in the hotel this morning because I’m not getting nearly as much walking in as I do at most skating events.

And yes, it’s horribly cold out. Wind chill is killer. Thank heavens for the underground subway!

Judy

We’ve been going out of the arena everyday to eat. Just make sure you scan your ticket out as you leave.

Security guard made me throw out my empty water bottle with the cap off last evening coming back in after dinner. I had no problem getting in with the empty bottle all week prior. I argued with him about uneven rules being applied. I’m going to wrap it in my scarf from now on.

Narrow concourses with bulkheads sticking out. Very hard to move around the arena during breaks. I’m going to do some treadmill in the hotel this morning because I’m not getting nearly as much walking in as I do at most skating events.

And yes, it’s horribly cold out. Wind chill is killer. Thank heavens for the underground subway!
The first day of spring was last Tuesday but I always call it the fake spring 😝.

Sonata

Does anyone know who the female announcer is on the in-arena commentary?
The one who seems to slip up? Lol

Ticketmaster tells me the event is sold out and no tickets are available. This can’t be true, can it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information