2024 World Figure Skating Championships in Montreal

skategal

Bunny mama
The one who seems to slip up? Lol

Ticketmaster tells me the event is sold out and no tickets are available. This can’t be true, can it?
I checked Ticketmaster yesterday for today’s events (Saturday) and there was any tons available and there was a significant line at the Box office yesterday so maybe?

It would make sense that Saturday would be the most full day as locals not working now and perhaps many Quebecers came for the weekend only.

Debbie S

The one who seems to slip up? Lol

Ticketmaster tells me the event is sold out and no tickets are available. This can’t be true, can it?
It may be "sold out", meaning all seats are either blocked off, reserved for VIPs or actually sold to spectators. You might have luck at the box office in person?

Judy

I was so hungry I ate it but it wasn't great imo

I'm still pissed I bought candy at the arena and they made me throw it away when I came back into the arena. IT IS NOT OUTSIDE SNACKS. I BOUGHT IT THERE. Alas.
You have to stratigically outwit them. I’ve only been to one worlds - 2013 in London, On. I love stronger coffee. I bought an awful cup of arena coffee, went out and bought a Starbucks, emptied bad coffee and exchanged Starbucks into the arena cup .. success lol. I’m feeling like you need me 😆.

Last edited:

Sonata

It may be "sold out", meaning all seats are either blocked off, reserved for VIPs or actually sold to spectators. You might have luck at the box office in person?
Thanks! I do have a ticket for myself, but was looking to buy another for someone else or even upgrade mine. I was surprised to get the Sold Out message, as I had been reading that tickets were not selling that well.

Washrooms will be full!!

I was able to bring my Starbucks paper coffee cup with paper lid from across the street. The security person said only plastic bottles and cups are banned.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
The pizza place on the concourse says they have no idea if they will have pizza because nothing is organized here
I’m somewhat of a pizza snob, but mine wasn’t that bad. Bonus that I actually like cold pizza, so buying early and saving half works. If you want some, buy it before the first segment starts as they have been running out around 4:30.

200 level hasn’t been all that cold. At some point, they turn on the blowers, so we’ve needed to put our jackets on, but that’s usually after the sun goes down. No sun today, so I’m bringing hand warmers!

honey

Thanks! I do have a ticket for myself, but was looking to buy another for someone else or even upgrade mine. I was surprised to get the Sold Out message, as I had been reading that tickets were not selling that well.

Washrooms will be full!!

I was able to bring my Starbucks paper coffee cup with paper lid from across the street. The security person said only plastic bottles and cups are banned.
I saw someone in my section with a Starbucks cup and wondered how they got in with it! Might have to try this today!

skategal

Bunny mama
I felt like the pizza was the only edible thing on the menu. :lol:

The chicken strips, fries and hotdogs weren’t appealing.

It helps if you get it fresh and hot.

It filled a hole anyway.

honey

There are more people here for this mens practice than I initially feared might show up for the entire event. They’ve done a good jobs getting most of the seats filled, however they did it.

Building feels electric already today!

Fiero425

Jason Brown just performed! The crowd went wild & the comms. appreciate his skating, but the scores won't reflect all that emotion! :rolleyes:

Sonata

Questions about this choir. Where did they find these people? How many anthems did they have to learn? Are they annoyed they only got to sing 3 anthems (Canadian, American and Japanese) after putting so much work into learning anthems in other languages?

skatingguy

decently
Questions about this choir. Where did they find these people? How many anthems did they have to learn? Are they annoyed they only got to sing 3 anthems (Canadian, American and Japanese) after putting so much work into learning anthems in other languages?
Not sure the answers to all your questions but here is the choir.

Skate Talker

Lol during the Free Dance Medal presentation I noticed Charlene Guignard in particular whipped her head around to look when they started singing the American anthem. I guess the skaters who still had to compete were far too focused to hear from others that that was going to happen.

Last edited:

sus2850

Does anyone know who the female announcer is on the in-arena commentary?
I guess it is too late now: But I was in the elevator with Kirsten Moore-Towers on Wednesdsy and somebody asked her whether she was there for work and she said that she is doing the in-arena commentary.

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
I guess it is too late now: But I was in the elevator with Kirsten Moore-Towers on Wednesdsy and somebody asked her whether she was there for work and she said that she is doing the in-arena commentary.
I believe she did pairs and Kaetlyn Osmond did singles (never specifically caught the names but sounded like them, correct me if wrong)

petro

Ahh! Not too late at all, would have bothered me for a long time not knowing haha. Thank you!

zigzig

I was actually wondering about this. I'm assume they just focused on the anthems from countries with realistic gold opportunities but I did think it would be funny if there was some insane upset where they'd have to learn like the Filipino anthem on the fly :lol:

zigzig

A lot of team Korea just passed me in the airport. Not sure if any stayed behind for gala.

Wow on Sunday at 5:30am? Wonder what their rush to leave is. Maybe to do press in their home country or something.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Wow on Sunday at 5:30am? Wonder what their rush to leave is. Maybe to do press in their home country or something.
I’m sure most are anxious to just get home. Not the results they hoped for

Sonata

I’m sure most are anxious to just get home. Not the results they hoped for
Also it takes almost 24 hours to get to Asia from the east coast. They’ll only get there tomorrow.
I was actually wondering about this. I'm assume they just focused on the anthems from countries with realistic gold opportunities but I did think it would be funny if there was some insane upset where they'd have to learn like the Filipino anthem on the fly :lol:
They could maybe predict some, but some of the disciplines, like pairs, were a bit more open. Imagine having to look up scores for multiple parts in multiple languages. What a job.

Judy

Also it takes almost 24 hours to get to Asia from the east coast. They’ll only get there tomorrow.

They could maybe predict some, but some of the disciplines, like pairs, were a bit more open. Imagine having to look up scores for multiple parts in multiple languages. What a job.
Omg I could never do 24 hours .. I can never sleep on a plane. Maybe if I had an Air Canada Pod though 😛. My brother-in-law flew 32 hours to Australia for work. His work paid for a pod due to distance (he’s 6’5) but yup .. nope nope nope lol.

skategal

Bunny mama
Omg I could never do 24 hours .. I can never sleep on a plane. Maybe if I had an Air Canada Pod though 😛. My brother-in-law flew 32 hours to Australia for work. His work paid for a pod due to distance (he’s 6’5) but yup .. nope nope nope lol.
It only takes that long if you are going to South East Asia.

Montreal - Tokyo is only 12 hours

I’m guessing the South Korea team are connecting to Toronto and doing the direct flight to Seoul (about 12 hours.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information