2023 NHK Trophy Free Dance - Hello Rocky

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
That fall was coming from a mile away. The most tentative, slow twizzles of almost any team we have seen on the GP this season.

And he was a total mess in the one-foot. L2 was probably generous.

I still think their skating is too stop and go and the quality just simply isn’t there to have a really complex program.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I kinda feel bad for always ripping this team apart but just what is the concept? What is the point? They desperately needed an identity 2 seasons ago and they get the most vanilla stuff.
It feels like they are copying Green & Parsons and you can't do that kind of program unless you are much better technically than this team is.

I actually like the team when they are letting Loraine be perky and show her personality. But this FD shows all their flaws and none of their strengths.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Have Les Gacs jumped the shark? Another team that’s past prime and with Canada being so deep, they may not see Montreal either.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
she's a corpse and a bride or the bride for a corpse idk what the plot of this is the point is she shouldn't be expected to stay upright the entire time
The first. I think this program has promise and it was at least interesting and not snooze-worthy. It woke me up anyway. ;)

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Although it didn’t look it, his body got dangerously out of balance on the lift and I think he probably aborted it a second early. About to be a big disaster.
I was thinking that too. Like, he was desperately trying to get to 3 seconds on one foot and just put down when he couldn't hold it anymore. It was so abrupt.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Those twizzles were great other than the exits of the first two sets. These two skate so athletically, but it's unassuming. They're a little sloppy at times with their free legs, but I think they're underscored compared to the other US teams. I definitely prefer Bratti & Somerville over Pate & Bye. I just wish they would get better packaging and programs. I honestly think Bratti & Somerville have a higher ceiling than all the other teams in the fight for bronze, and it's a shame they're not in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information