2023 NHK Trophy Free Dance - Hello Rocky

beckab81

Team Koko does not give me much hope for staying awake tonight… at least I know the French are coming up with a fun program.

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
I didn’t know booty shorts were now approved costumes or did Lorraine lose her skirt

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
So, no one else feels like they see the writing on the wall and know that as soon as Kishimoto/Tamura move up to seniors, they're toast? This felt almost like a goodbye/final season FD.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
I'd take Ghostbusters over this too. At least the sloppy transitions in Ghostbusters were kinda voidy.

The one foot turns tried to be big, but they just could not control it. Sigh, and in general, these two struggle so much once they get into hold. They're generating speed with desperate crossovers in simple or no hold, and then everything slows down again once they have to be in hold.

They got too far apart during the choreo steps. They're risking a !. Just again, sloppy when it comes to spacing.

Colonel Green

I wonder if Marjorie Lajoie ever watches this team and reflects on what a good decision she made in summer 2015.

Baby Yoda On Skates

That last choreo lift looked super awkward, but I didn't hate it.

I don't mind Lorraine's shorts. It's a simple look and works with the program.

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
Ok the booty shorts made for an acceptable costume for this modern dance music, but the top riding up and showing bra from below AND the straps is just messy as hell. And did not match the program.

peibeck

Simply looking
This was a lot more clean than their first GP, but the judges nor I are feeling it. No build or progression of story.

I don't mind these two, but they are going to get buried at Nationals, I'm guessing.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I quite like McSpir’s concept and packaging for the free. If anything, it could use more body tension, especially from Lorraine. Maybe they should look closely at at GreenP’s and HawBak’s work to see how tension and fluidity work in a modern piece.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Lorraine is just so over it. I have to feel bad for that, but they should know they needed to move training bases if they didn’t want to finish 10th at Nationals behind all the youngsters. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information