2023-2024 Rhythm dance

zee703

Shrek 2 also includes "I'm On My Way" by The Proclaimers from their 1988 album Sunshine on Leith, which also includes the iconic "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)". So maybe Fear/Gibson, since he's Scottish!
On a cruise 3 years ago, we met a Scottish couple at a karaoke contest (we were bored 🙄). The husband wanted to sing "I'm Gonna Be" but the staff didn't have it. He told us that this song is sung at the end of most wedding receptions, parties, events, etc., in Scotland. Elvis Stoyko used this song for an all-male group number in an ice show he produced.

litenkyckling

On a cruise 3 years ago, we met a Scottish couple at a karaoke contest (we were bored 🙄). The husband wanted to sing "I'm Gonna Be" but the staff didn't have it. He told us that this song is sung at the end of most wedding receptions, parties, events, etc., in Scotland. Elvis Stoyko used this song for an all-male group number in an ice show he produced.
Following the theme of Scottish weddings, another couple of classics that could be fun: The Whole of the Moon (Waterboys), Come on Eileen (Dexys Midnight Runners).

I will personally riot if we don’t get a Bronski Beat programme. And imagine a midline step to A Town Called Malice? Or Kaitlin and Jean-Luc doing West End Girls?

Cachoo

Following the theme of Scottish weddings, another couple of classics that could be fun: The Whole of the Moon (Waterboys), Come on Eileen (Dexys Midnight Runners).

I will personally riot if we don’t get a Bronski Beat programme. And imagine a midline step to A Town Called Malice? Or Kaitlin and Jean-Luc doing West End Girls?
OMG I love those selections—particularly the Waterboys. And Bronski Beat reminded me of the Communards. Also there were some lush, beautiful numbers from Clannad during the 80’s. And maybe we heard it too much but Phil Collins “In the Air Tonight” might be interesting. And I will probably weep if someone chooses Mark Knopfler’s songs from “Local Hero.”

hlp728

The 1980’s pre-teeny bopper in me would love to see New Edition and New Kids on the Block programs. Both bands have such iconic choreography.

For something different, there’s the When Harry Met Sally soundtrack with music from Harry Connick Jr. (must have fall aesthetic costumes) and One from the Heart with music from Tom Waits and Crystal Gayle.

Nmsis

I hope ice dancers will chose music that was representative of their country's taste in the 80s.
I want jpop/anime music from the 80s from the japaneses (raaah, yes please, gimme Cat's Eyes, the first anime music to top the charts in Japan, Kimagure Orange Road, Dirty Pair, City Hunter and so many others)
I want brit music from the brits (lucky guys with an embarrassment of choices)
I want german music from the germans (gimme some Scorpions ... and some Modern Talking too)
I want french music from the french (of course I want Indochine, of course I want Mylène Farmer, of course I want Niagara, of course I want the Rita Mitsouko, I want Telephone, I want La Mano Negra, I want Desireless, I want Guesch Patti, I want Jeanne Mas, I want Marc Lavoine... fanning self, I want Etienne Daho, I want Elli Medeiros, I want Souchon and Voulzy. I also want Jean-Jacques Goldman, I want Gold, I want Images cause I'm cheesy like that ; why not some Kassav's or Zouk Machine's zouk or even la Lambada, I want too many stuff actually)
I want italian music from italians, always so rich musically
I want aussie music from the australians (I demand INXS)

I don't expect the same from Eastern Europe but basically, I want diversity.

Former Lurve Goddess

I hope ice dancers will chose music that was representative of their country's taste in the 80s.
I want jpop/anime music from the 80s from the japaneses (raaah, yes please, gimme Cat's Eyes, the first anime music to top the charts in Japan, Kimagure Orange Road, Dirty Pair, City Hunter and so many others)
I want german music from the germans (gimme some Scorpions ... and some Modern Talking too)
I want french music from the french (of course I want Indochine, of course I want Mylène Farmer, of course I want Niagara, of course I want the Rita Mitsouko, I want Telephone, I want La Mano Negra, I want Desireless, I want Guesch Patti, I want Jeanne Mas, I want Marc Lavoine... fanning self, I want Etienne Daho, I want Elli Medeiros, I want Souchon and Voulzy. I also want Jean-Jacques Goldman, I want Gold, I want Images cause I'm cheesy like that ; why not some Kassav's or Zouk Machine's zouk or even la Lambada, I want too many stuff actually)

This would be amazing if it happened! I'm hoping that as Montrealers La/La and FB/S will skate to some Montreal/Quebec music from the 80s - Mitsou, Marjo, Corey Hart, Leonard Cohen, Rock Voisine, Gino Vanelli, Men Without Hats, Celine Dion (preferably one of her better French songs), etc.

Cachoo

What about Falco?

Cachoo

I dare anyone to use NWA's **** Tha Police. I'm trying to imagine the crowd while that is playing. Maybe "Bust A Move" or the Beastie Boys? You Gotta Fight For Your Right To PPPPAAAARRRTTTYYYY. :respec: ;)

VGThuy

If any of the Beastie Boys' 80s music is used, I would love "No Sleep to Brooklyn", "Hold it Now, Hit It", or anything from their Paul Revere album.

Cachoo

I think the question I have is about the time frame: For instance "Groove is in the Heart" was released in 1990. So that is out??

VGThuy

I think the question I have is about the time frame: For instance "Groove is in the Heart" was released in 1990. So that is out??
The 80s Night I used to frequent would play that and “Vogue” even though those were released in 1990. Maybe the ISU will have a loose definition of “1980s” as they do with everything else now.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I feel like someone has skated to Rock Me Amadeus back in the post whack era?

Love the Waterboys, I always wanted to use The Whole Of The Moon for a '98 ladies montage.

I wonder if versions of 80s songs remade after 1989 are eligible, like Dario G's Sunchyme.

VGThuy

Y'all realize that in 8 months (or less) we are going to thoroughly hate this RD theme, right?
Yep. It could be a waltz, and everybody would hate it. I could be heavy metal, and everybody would hate it. It could be....

quartz

scratching at the light
I’m slightly sceptical of this whole 80’s theme, given the huge array of music over the course of ten years, but if I am in Montreal and attending the RD’s, I’m totally dressing up in my favourite 80’s look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information