2022 U.S. Sectionals, Pairs & Ice Dance Finals - Nov 7-13 in Norwood MA, East Lansing MI, & San Francisco CA

Debbie S

Huge, huge, huge Lutzes.
Which were both scored q.

Hopefully, Ava is OK and got the nerves or whatever out of her system.

Ting probably doesn't have a ton of time to train while attending college full-time. Her second semester doesn't start until Feb, so she should be able to get 5-6 weeks of solid training in before Nats. If she can skate her programs clean, she could make some noise.

Sylvia

TBD
Annika Chao, Glacier Falls FSC - 100.98 FS, 151.76
Teryn Kim, Glacier Falls FSC - 95.74 FS, 131.93

To go:
20 Keira Hilbelink, Portland ISC 2 49.71
21 Athena Huang, Pasadena FSC 3 47.95
22 Ciel Park, Salt Lake Figure Skating 6 41.41
23 Cleo Park, Glacier Falls FSC 4 46.42

ETA the final top 5 (top 2 qualify for Nationals in Junior):

119Annika Chao, Glacier Falls FSC150.781100.98151.76
220Keira Hilbelink, Portland ISC249.712100.28149.99
323Cleo Park, Glacier Falls FSC446.42397.58144.00
415Teryn Kim, Glacier Falls FSC836.19495.74131.93
521Athena Huang, Pasadena FSC347.95583.46131.41

Pacifics Novice Women FS part 2 replay video: https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/watch/?Archive=3105
Teryn Kim (4th place FS) at 30:20 and Annika Chao leads off the final group at 1:00:50.

SO many talented young skaters - looking forward to following their respective journeys.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Congrats to Annika, Keira & Cleo, the three fabulous medalists in Pacific Novice Women! That was quite a packed event.

Sylvia

TBD
I'm very sad that Sjoberg will miss his second straight Nationals :( (WD last year due to covid).

Pacifics Senior Men SP live scores: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2022/30618/CAT010SEG017.html

1 Goku Endo, Los Angeles FSC
2 Alain Sandraz, Peninsula SC
3 Joonsoo Kim, Los Angeles FSC
4 Yaroslav Paniot, All Year FSC

5 Max Lake, All Year FSC
7 Kai Kovar, Wasatch FSC
8 Samuel Mindra, Portland ISC
WD Eric Sjoberg, Los Angeles FSC

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Nice 3A from Joonsoo! I'm really hoping some of these guys skate like they want to go to Nationals.

skateycat

One of Nature's Non-Spinners
Poor Yaro! I was so scared for him that I startled the kitties asleep on my lap calling for a medic.

Sylvia

TBD
I think that was the first time Max Lake has landed a 4T+3T!! (I’ve seen his 4T+2T a few times this season.) Then landed his 3A forward before doubling the Lutz (inconsistency has plagued him for years now, unfortunately).
67.37 in 3rd. Jonathan Cassar has coached him for as long as I can remember and Angela Nikodinov was in the kiss & cry too.

Karen-W

Ugh... Kai was doing so great and then he pops his solo triple!

Karen-W

Mindra has bulked up since he won bronze as a Junior in 2021. Love the cheers of support from the Oregon contingent!

Sylvia

TBD
Samuel Mindra’s percussion (various beats with no music) program & performance were just AWESOME!!! I rewatched it until Peacock shut down the stream!!

SP protocols: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2022/30618/SEGM017.html
1 Joonsoo Kim, Los Angeles FSC 74.71
2 Samuel Mindra, Portland ISC 70.79
3 Yaroslav Paniot, All Year FSC 67.98
4 Max Lake, All Year FSC 67.37
5 Goku Endo, Los Angeles FSC 66.54
6 Kai Kovar, Wasatch FSC 64.09
7 Alain Sandraz, Peninsula SC 51.67
WD Eric Sjoberg, Los Angeles FSC

Last edited:

sk8nlizard

Poor Yaro! I was so scared for him that I startled the kitties asleep on my lap calling for a medic.
I almost thought it looked like he was going to pass out. I assumed because he hasn’t trained much due to his injury, like he over exerted himself, but it could def be his ankle. I was shocked they let him stand back up by himself.

Sylvia

TBD
Pacifics Senior Women SP starting order/live scores: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2022/30618/CAT009SEG015.html

1 Alex Evans, Los Angeles FSC (2020 Nationals competitor in Sr.)
2 Emma Coppess, Los Angeles FSC
3 Julia Fennell, Kent Valley FSC
4 Josephine Lee, All Year FSC (2 JGPs)
5 Kate Hwang, Los Angeles FSC

6 Erica Machida, Peninsula SC
7 Cate Fleming, Los Angeles FSC (skated pairs until this season)
8 Caroline Harris, Los Angeles FSC
9 Lindsay Mattenson, Glacier Falls FSC
WD Ashlyn Huber, Seattle SC

11 Hanna Harrell, Los Angeles FSC (1 CS)
12 Ariana Lee, Peninsula SC
13 Kimmie Nguyen, Seattle SC
14 Nicole Park, Glacier Falls FSC (made ISP for first time this season; Cleo's older sister)
15 Katie Freter, Vegas Golden Knights Center of Excellence

16 Grace Yi, Boise FSC
17 Lindsay Wang, Los Angeles FSC
18 Milena Markin, Los Angeles FSC
19 Michelle Lee, All Year FSC (made ISP for first time this season)
20 Brynn Roberts, FSC Of Park City

Last edited:

Karen-W

I almost thought it looked like he was going to pass out. I assumed because he hasn’t trained much due to his injury, like he over exerted himself, but it could def be his ankle. I was shocked they let him stand back up by himself.
That's what I thought at first, but then when he stood up, he was clearly favoring one leg and kept the other off the ice as much as possible.

Sylvia

TBD
Current top 3 after first group:

Josephine Lee 62.19 - 3F+3T(< or q?), 2A, 3Lo (leaning forward on landing) - skated to "Letting Go" performed by Saara Aalto. Naomi Nam & Amy Evidente are her coaches.

Alex Evans 53.99 - 2A, 3Lo+2T, half loop hop entry into 3S(q?). Skated to Aguilera songs, incl. Burlesque. Ivan Dinev & Derrick Delmore were with her in k&c.

Emma Coppess 53.27 - 3T+2T off balance, 3Lo(< or q?), 2A - best effort I've seen from her this season. Skated to a violin version of Skyfall with Adele's vocal at the end. Delmore, Angela Nikodinov & Jonathan Cassar were with her in k&c.

Misha Ge coaches Hanna Harrell (eta: will be 1st to skate in 3rd group after the ice resurfacing) and Cate Fleming in the 2nd group.
Caroline Zhang and Grant Hochstein coach Caroline Harris.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
From the 2022 U.S. Club & NQS Competitions thread re. Skate St. Moritz in September - belatedly replying to @emilieh ;):
I also really liked Milena Markin, beautiful programs and great presence. Not the tech of the top skaters, but I don't mind that.
Milena Markin's SP to "She Used To Be Mine" by Sara Bareilles is a program I haven't tired of watching this season (Milena skates #18 of 20 tonight) - it's choreographed by Grant Hochstein, who also choreographed Caroline Harris' "What A Wonderful World" SP (same female cover version that Keira Hilbelink used in her 2nnd place Novice FS earlier today) in group 2 that I thought she interpreted well... too bad about her waxel that didn't take off. :(

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Haha, they're playing "We Built This City on Rock and Roll" in the arena. That was my sister's favorite song the year it came out, and she drove me crazy playing it over and over again. I teased her without mercy when VH1 named it The Most Awesomely Bad Song Ever. :lol:

Amy L

Haha, they're playing "We Built This City on Rock and Roll" in the arena. That was my sister's favorite song the year it came out, and she drove me crazy playing it over and over again. I teased her without mercy when VH1 named it The Most Awesomely Bad Song Ever. :lol:
My husband loves that song and it drives me up the wall I hate it so much :lol:

Karen-W

Big smile from Hanna when she got through her combo!
And then, because, you know, our women are like this... She goes and probably UR her solo triple. At least she stood up on it.

I like some of the choreo of this program - her first spin's changes of position went wonderfully well with the musical highlights - but I don't feel like it's really suited to her, stylistically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information