2022 U.S. Sectionals, Pairs & Ice Dance Finals - Nov 7-13 in Norwood MA, East Lansing MI, & San Francisco CA

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Just barely into 1st.
Hey, we'll take it, and we won't gripe, especially seeing as she and Josephine have an 8+ point lead over the woman currently in 3rd. As the great Scott Hamilton used to tell us, "You can't win it in the short, but you can certainly lose it!"

Karen-W

Nguyen gets negative GOE for skating to this piece of music ("My Sweet & Tender Beast"). I've heard it way too many times to ever want to hear it again.

Karen-W

Random fall on nothing for Nicole Park. I really hate these skating dresses that have the loose, flowy backs. They make it look like the dress doesn't fit the skater.

Sylvia

TBD
Nicole Park skated to “Rainbow” by Kesha - slipped & fell before her first jumping pass but was able to refocus & land 3T+2T, 3Lo a bit wobbly, 2A. Into 5th with 47.86.

Karen-W

Well, I'd better hit the hay if I'm going to be up in time to see the women in Sheffield tomorrow morning. :yawn: See you all bright and early!
I figure I can make it through these last 5 women and then sleep for several hours before needing to get up, lol.

Sylvia

TBD
How many coaches can you fit in a K&C? :lol:
4 seems to be the record for now ;) - Delmore, Dinev, Nikodinov, Cassar for Lindsay Wang. :)

Sean Rabbitt is helping Tammy Gambill out (in Graz with Clare Seo) with Michelle Lee who trains in CO Springs.

ETA:

Top 11 Senior women after the SP:
1 Hanna Harrell, Los Angeles FSC 62.81 (173.57 NQS high score)
2 Josephine Lee, All Year FSC 62.19 (178.63 NQS high score)
3 Alex Evans, Los Angeles FSC 53.99 (151.55 NQS high score)
4 Emma Coppess, Los Angeles FSC 53.27
5 Lindsay Wang, Los Angeles FSC 51.84 (145.42 NQS high score)
6 Brynn Roberts, FSC Of Park City 50.80 (149.92 NQS high score)
7 Nicole Park, Glacier Falls FSC 47.86 (158.19 NQS high score)
8 Cate Fleming, Los Angeles FSC 47.84
9 Grace Yi, Boise FSC 47.08
10 Michelle Lee, All Year FSC 45.53 (156.52 NQS high score)
11 Lindsay Mattenson, Glacier Falls FSC 45.29

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Any news about what happened to Yaro yesterday?
I haven’t heard anything yet but will post if I do.

Parva Khalighi, skating today to POTO, goes into 1st place (I’ve liked what I’ve seen of her skating this year).

The beginning of Emma Foster’s FS is “Arrival of the Birds” which will forever be associated by me to the opening of Rippon’s last competitive FS program.

ETA: Grant H. & Caroline Z. are in the k&c with Emma.

AnnMJensen

I haven’t heard anything yet but will post if I do.

Parva Khalighi, skating today POTO, goes into 1st place (I’ve liked what I’ve seen of her skating this year).

The beginning of Emma Foster’s FS is “Arrival of the Birds” which will forever be associated by me to the opening of Rippon’s last competitive FS program.
I really liked Parva’s Sp- wasn’t as thrilled with the FS - but yeah - there’s definitely quality there.

Sarah

Arrival of the Birds is one of my favorite pieces! I’m always happy when someone skates to it (or anything from Theory of Everything OST).

Sylvia

TBD
Maile is the middle Hilbelink sister. :) Keira, the youngest, has qualified for Nationals in Junior from Novice and Tia, the oldest, made the ISP this season but has been injured and WD before the Senior event here. :( Sean Rabbitt is one of sisters’ coaches.

ETA: Maile goes into 1st!

Sylvia

TBD
Dickau now is listed as WD.

Final group is warming up - top 4 finishers will qualify for Nationals:

Kanon Smith, All Year FSC
Sherry Zhang, Glacier Falls FSC
Mia Kalin, St. Moritz ISC
Soho Lee, Glacier Falls FSC
Hannah Herrera, Murray Silver Blades FSC
Elyce Lin-Gracey, Pasadena FSC

Sylvia

TBD
Argh, Kanon was setting up for a loop, lost her edge and fell near the boards. :( Music is from The Mission OST.

Posted yesterday:
Kanon Smith's jumps: 3Lz+2T, 2A, 3Lo fall & then didn't finish next spin? Laura Lipetsky is with her in kiss & cry. 48.79... very tough season for her :( - hope she comes back stronger next year.

ETA: Yes, there's still the FS to go; this, on paper, is the deepest Sectional for Junior women with JGP skaters Sherry Zhang, Soho Lee, Mia Kalin, Elyce Lin-Gracey & Hannah Herrera coming up.

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
Nooo, slip on jump takeoff for Kanon. :( I loved her short despite the mistakes.

Sylvia

TBD
Sherry Zhang’s jumps: 3S<? fall, 3F+2T, 3T, 3Lz, 3F+2A+2A, 3Lo+2T, 3Lo - good for her to stay focused after the fall!!

Piano piece is “Beautiful Storm” by Jennifer Thomas.

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
Silly stumble to end :lol: but great second half, especially that three jump pass timed to the music picking up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information