2022 U.S. Sectionals, Pairs & Ice Dance Finals - Nov 7-13 in Norwood MA, East Lansing MI, & San Francisco CA

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
The website has rd start at 1:45 which is 6 hrs ahead of central which should be 7:45 my time and 8:45 eastern?
Oh, gosh, you're right. I did the math for MKJW to Pacific, lol. I'll fix it.

Karen-W

But you get to watch NHK dance at a reasonable hour next week. :)
Well, there is that, plus the only other major event next weekend is Warsaw Cup, so it won't be as difficult on the fans to watch everything, lol.

Sylvia

TBD
Cleo [Park] anded 3T+3T (bit shaky) and final 2A but had a very hard fall on her 3Lz and was teary in the kiss & cry. :(

Hannah Gahan skated very well (I saw her 3S & 2A) and was thrilled in the kiss & cry (Doug Razzano is one of her coaches).

Athena Huang (in ISP because she is ISU Junior age-eligible) will skate first after the warmup.
Pacific Coast Novice Women SP protocols: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2022/30618/SEGM007.html

Top 6:
Annika Chao, Glacier Falls FSC 50.78 (female cover of "Sway") - 3Lz+2T, 3F & 2A; all level 4s
Keira Hilbelink, Portland ISC 49.71 (first skater - no audio of "Proud Mary") - 2A, 3T+3T & 3Lo
Athena Huang, Pasadena FSC 47.95 (non-Streisand vocal of "The Way We Were") - 3T+2T, 3Lz & 2A a bit off-balance; all L4s
Cleo Park, Glacier Falls FSC 46.42 (music?) - 3T+3T, 3Lz< fall & 2A
Hannah Gahan, Coyotes SC of Arizona 42.29 - 3S, 2A, 2F+2T
Ciel Park, Salt Lake Figure Skating 41.41 - 3T+2T, 3S, 2A

Replay (Athena skates at 47:10 & Annika skates at 1:43:55): https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/watch/?Archive=3098

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Kanon Smith's jumps: 3Lz+2T, 2A, 3Lo fall & then didn't finish next spin? Laura Lipetsky is with her in kiss & cry. 48.79... very tough season for her :( - hope she comes back stronger next year.

ETA: Yes, there's still the FS to go; this, on paper, is the deepest Sectional for Junior women with JGP skaters Sherry Zhang, Soho Lee, Mia Kalin, Elyce Lin-Gracey & Hannah Herrera coming up.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Sherry Zhang (I Dreamed A Dream): 3Lz landed off balance but managed to tack on 2T, 3Lo, 2A landed with nice, high extension of free leg. 58.40 in 1st with 2nd group now warming up - Soho is in this group.

Sylvia

TBD
Soho Lee (Chopin piano): 3Lz tilted so only 2T afterwards, 3Lo, 2A - eta: 58.37 very close 2nd to Sherry.

There's an ice resurfacing before the final 2 groups (11 skaters).

Easterns Senior Men FS is live on Peacock: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2022/30614/CAT015SEG016.html
Top 2 finishers are guaranteed spots to Nationals (plus next 4 best scores from 3rd and below in all 3 Sectionals).

Last edited:

livetoskate

I feel bad for these guys. I can see about 10 spectators in the arena.
I wonder why there aren't more. Only 2 family members for each competitor and no one from the local skating clubs eager to watch? I remember the seating area at The Factory in Wake Forest being packed, with some people standing, at Easterns-- granted it was before covid.

Karen-W

Well, Baker's score is below both Klein and Friess, and just ahead of Zharkov, so his chances of going to Nats are now in the hands of the Pac Coast men and the remaining Eastern men.

Allen

Glad to be back!
I wonder why there aren't more. Only 2 family members for each competitor and no one from the local skating clubs eager to watch? I remember the seating area at The Factory in Wake Forest being packed, with some people standing, at Easterns-- granted it was before covid.
Not sure, there were quite a few more people for dance yesterday. Not a lot of people, but definitely a lot more than today. You could hear the applause yesterday.

Karen-W

It's a busy weekend with a lot of stuff going on and they just packed the arena 3 weeks ago for SkAm.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Not sure, there were quite a few more people for dance yesterday. Not a lot of people, but definitely a lot more than today. You could hear the applause yesterday.
Well, dance has 2 competitors per entry so there will probably be more family members at least. :D

ETA not for the sibling team, ofc. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information