2022 Nationals in Nashville

acraven

Section 105 Row AA. I had difficulty, but eventually a couple of seats that had not been available for purchase suddenly became available.

There was no evident pattern of distancing. It was hard to tell because some seats already weren't available when I got started, but at one point during the selection process I saw a block of 6 contiguous seats available, which would be unlikely under any distancing rules.

They were enforcing the annoying rule that you can't buy 2 seats out of a block of 3 or 4 seats out of a block of 5. I understand that they don't want to create single seats, but when you need 4 seats, it's a problem. Especially when there are so few centrally-located front-row seats.

They're using TicketMaster, which insisted that I update my password and cost me quite a few minutes. If you're planning to order later, I suggest logging in to your TicketMaster account (or creating one) and being sure your password and credit card number are set up so you're ready to go when the time comes.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
According to the USFS website, you have to be a Red Level member of FOFS to get early access to the tickets. This is the first I've heard that. Has anyone at the "Friend" level gotten a link?

sk9tingfan

A friend who is going with a tour spoke to the operator who indicated that there would be no room blocks for spectators from USFSA. I guess everyone is on their own.

acraven

Yes, @MacMadame, I waited years to join FOFS (during several of which I had regular USFS membership) because the membership materials indicate there is no ticket-buying benefit at the lowest level. That is not correct. I wouldn't be surprised if the upper-level members get even earlier access; that would be fair.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Yes, @MacMadame, I waited years to join FOFS (during several of which I had regular USFS membership) because the membership materials indicate there is no ticket-buying benefit at the lowest level. That is not correct. I wouldn't be surprised if the upper-level members get even earlier access; that would be fair.
I agree it would be fair but I bet we'd hear about it if it was true. Unless you mean those who pay $$$$. They probably don't post here. :lol:

I am "Friend" level in FOFS and was able to get seats.
Thanks! I chickened out and went with Red access. I kind of want to go to the FOFS breakfast but if it turns out not to be worth it, I'll probably cut back next time.

USFS was great. I signed up and less than an hour later, I had my code to buy tickets! They must be watching for new members. I am impressed.

My sister and I are in Section 116. It's above the judges. The first available row was P2 but the next row up was P3 and closer to the aisle. So I grabbed those seats and saved $195 each. :D

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I agree it would be fair but I bet we'd hear about it if it was true. Unless you mean those who pay $$$$. They probably don't post here. :lol:

Thanks! I chickened out and went with Red access. I kind of want to go to the FOFS breakfast but if it turns out not to be worth it, I'll probably cut back next time.

USFS was great. I signed up and less than an hour later, I had my code to buy tickets! They must be watching for new members. I am impressed.

My sister and I are in Section 116. It's above the judges. The first available row was P2 but the next row up was P3 and closer to the aisle. So I grabbed those seats and saved $195 each. :D
I didn't see any P2 level seats available in 116 when I logged in right when they went on sale. When I look at the map the first six rows in 116 are unavailable. Do you see differently? I picked row C which was the closest thing available in that section.

sk8nlizard

I wonder....I’m at blue right in the middle and didn’t get earlier access than other FOFS.

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I didn't see any P2 level seats available in 116 when I logged in right when they went on sale. When I look at the map the first six rows in 116 are unavailable. Do you see differently? I picked row C which was the closest thing available in that section.
I am row B. So row A was available but it was $950 and I'd be in the middle of the row which I hate.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Yeah, it was section 117. I looked at Section 116 first.

I don't understand why it matters though. The seats that are available are the seats that are available and, even as we speak, less of them are available than there were when this discussion started.

Cayuse

The seats directly behind the judges are always blocked off due to poor vision with the TV cameras blocking line of sight. You have to be fairly high up to see over the cameras.

TanithandBenFan

Yeah, it was section 117. I looked at Section 116 first.

I don't understand why it matters though. The seats that are available are the seats that are available and, even as we speak, less of them are available than there were when this discussion started.
It doesn’t matter. I was just curious if I was seeing a different map than others.

TanithandBenFan

The seats directly behind the judges are always blocked off due to poor vision with the TV cameras blocking line of sight. You have to be fairly high up to see over the cameras.
I know, I’ve been sitting behind the judges for 20 years 😉 Each arena is different with the pitch of the seats and how many rows are obstructed, so it’s hard to know exactly what the setup will look like until in the arena.

kiss-n-cry

Team Brown
Got mine in Section 116 row C! I'll be at the Renaissance too :)
I wound up in 118 after ticketmaster glitched on me while trying to purchase an aisle seat in Row C of Section 116. I wonder if you got my original choice. ;) No worries, I am happy with where I wound up. My ideal seats were not even an option, so it was a toss-up. And I will also be at the Renaissance!

MacMadame

Doing all the things
So do we know (or have a good guess) as to what the official hotel is?

ETA I did look through every page of the thread. :D I know it hasn't been announced but my guess is the Hilton with the Renaissance as the backup. But it's just a guess based on past events where they pick the most expensive hotel right by the arena and then a slightly less expensive one nearby for the overflow. :lol:

Last edited:

Carolla5501

Well I was just playing around it looks like the Renaissance rate has gone up dramatically from what I booked

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information