2022 Grand Prix Assignments - when do they come out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I understand we (FS fans) want to know, -but I rarely purchase competition tickets just to see one or two specific skaters.

Sure there is always someone I'm hoping to see, but to see lice skating is good enough for metree.

Do you wait to purchase Grand Prix Final until you know who will be there?

Dobre

Sometimes. If one of Skate America or Skate Canada is within driving distance, we'll generally go to the close event. But we have made a decision between the two events or made a later decision to purchased tickets to an event that will require a flight after seeing a great line up.

leilaofpaper

Now that the aussie 4CCs has been cancelled (and it seems like there won’t be a big competition over here for quite a while) I’ve been considering pairing up an overseas holiday with a skating event. So yes, if I’m going to pay that much money, it does matter who will be there.

antmanb

Never book a skating event based on who will be there! Because I guarantee you, they WILL withdraw at the last minute. Yes, all of them.
I had booked tickets to Europeans 2012 because it was in Sheffield and there's no way I was missing but the no. 1 people i wanted to see were Savchenko/Solkowy and the pulled out at the last minute and i was gutted.

They did sit right in front of me for most of the competition so i actually got to see them even if it wasn't on the ice.

Sylvia

TBD
Sheffield now confirmed by ISU. The GP assigments will ne published tomorrow, July 2022.
"... MK John Wilson Trophy has been allotted to Sheffield (GBR) and will be hosted as planned on November 11-13, 2022."
"The lists of entries for the 2022/23 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series will be published on the ISU website on Friday, July 22nd 2022."

ETA: Is this the first time a figure skating competition has a title sponsor that's actually related to its own sport?

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Article from October 2014:
... operating as HD Sports NA, it was the exclusive distributor of MK and John Wilson ice skate blades in North America. The new owner plans to keep all manufacturing, research and development in Sheffield.
HD Sports, which can trace its South Yorkshire roots back to the 17th century, has its headquarters in Rutland Way. Its history dates back to 1696, when Royal toolmaker and Sheffield engineer John Wilson started making blades.
Renowned engineers Hattersley & Davidson (est. 1894) acquired the firm in the early 20th century and further developed John Wilson's reputation for innovation.
Skate company Mitchel & King then joined the stable in 1997, combining to make HD Sports, as it is now known.

Vagabond

Come out, come out, come out
Assignments, don't let us wait,
Sometime next week is much too late,
But sooner or later it comes down to fate
You might as well get it done,
Tell us where will we see You Young
Tell us baby
You know that we wanna see You Young
We only wanna see You Young
Only wanna
Only wanna see You Young
:fan:

antmanb

Ice Sheffield is not big enough to host a GP!

When the British championships take place and it's mostly coaches and the skaters families Ice sheffield is full.

It's a definite way to guarantee the UK won't get another GP again :rolleyes:

antmanb

Could it have gone to some other rink?
Nottingham Ice Arena is set up with proper seating around it and can seat 10,000 but there is no parking.

They never seem to want events. I think there was a JGP in Sheffield at some point which makes a lot more sense in terms of not needing the spectator space that a senior GP would need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information