2022 Grand Prix Assignments - when do they come out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
Yeah, hope they’re using some of that sponsorship money to hire some decent portaloos and bring in some extra catering capacity. The British Championships don’t have anywhere near a sell out audience but they do max out the facilities during ice resurfacing.

Hope they bring out the John Curry statue from behind the security fencing too.

:cheer2: for a GB GP. But it’s not great if IceSheffield was the only venue they could get.

morqet

rising like a phoenix
The Sheffield Steelers tickets for the 12th November fixture aren't actually on sale yet, so I wonder if they are still trying to switch that to iceSheffield (does happen from time to time) and get the GP in the larger arena?

But it's tough - doesn't seem that countries were queuing up to take event on, the other large arenas which are available with 4 months notice would need temporary ice sheets which adds £££ to the cost of hosting, BIS is hardly flush with cash and this will have only happened thanks to extra financial support from UK Sport. At least BIS have experience of running events at iceSheffield so there should be minimal hiccups & we're getting the full quota of GP events.

litenkyckling

Skating Club of Boston is only 2,500 - maybe the ISU want their events to appear in demand this year? I’d argue that Glasgow would’ve been a better size option for this event (since that’s the team Sheffield are playing that weekend) and has a 5,000 capacity.

I think they’ve not gone for an ‘arena’ because of the logistics and the cost (do they cover the cost of the ice? Arenas are mode awkward to set up in that regard) plus the likes of Newcastle are very rarely used for sports events anyway.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Skating Club of Boston is only 2,500 - maybe the ISU want their events to appear in demand this year? I’d argue that Glasgow would’ve been a better size option for this event (since that’s the team Sheffield are playing that weekend) and has a 5,000 capacity.

I think they’ve not gone for an ‘arena’ because of the logistics and the cost (do they cover the cost of the ice? Arenas are mode awkward to set up in that regard) plus the likes of Newcastle are very rarely used for sports events anyway.
All of the EIHL teams except Belfast have at least one game/fixture scheduled for the Nov 11th-13th. Glasgow is playing Fife at home on 11/11.

layman

I am seeing all the Grand Prix Competitions and Dates now, just no assignments/competitor lists yet:

ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Skate America
21 Oct - 23 Oct, 2022
Norwood /USA

ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Skate Canada International
28 Oct - 30 Oct, 2022
Mississauga /CAN

ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Grand Prix de France
04 Nov - 06 Nov, 2022
Angers /FRA

ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating MK John Wilson Trophy
11 Nov - 13 Nov, 2022
Sheffield /GBR

ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating NHK Trophy
18 Nov - 20 Nov, 2022
Sapporo /JPN

ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Grand Prix Espoo
25 Nov - 27 Nov, 2022
Espoo /FIN

Sylvia

TBD
I am seeing all the Grand Prix Competitions and Dates now, just no assignments/competitor lists yet:
I'm sure someone will start a new thread in GSD as soon as the initial assignments are published tomorrow.

Rhumba d’Amour

I'm going to see Skate America
Husband will see Skate America
Friday for me Skate America?
Who will we see Skate America?
If I had to guess—
Knierim/Frazier, and maybe Stellato/Deschamps
Chock/Bates and the Browns, if they move up; with Canada #2 (presumably F-B/Sorensen)
Bell and Levito
Malinin and Pulkinen, and maybe Sadovsky (fingers crossed)

Who I’d be thrilled to see:
Muramoto/Takahashi
Uno

Evgeniafan

If I had to guess—
Knierim/Frazier, and maybe Stellato/Deschamps
Chock/Bates and the Browns, if they move up; with Canada #2 (presumably F-B/Sorensen)
Bell and Levito
Malinin and Pulkinen, and maybe Sadovsky (fingers crossed)

Who I’d be thrilled to see:
Muramoto/Takahashi
Uno
I agree with your guesses. And I hope Vasiljevs, Aymoz, Mai Miahara, Yelim Kim. 🙏

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
And Donovan Carrillo please!
I still haven’t bought airfare yet and that would do it. I know things will change before then but with airfare the way it is I need the hope of something new/joyous with most of my favorites retiring.

On My Own

"Tomorrow, tomorrow . . ."

You're only a day away...

I knew what the video had to be before I clicked it.
This is just making me laugh as I sit here thinking it's going to be delayed again.

MsZem

I see the sea
Maybe we're getting a surprise appearance among the assignments? That would be fun :D

(that's basically how Shen and Zhao announced their comeback back in 2009, right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information