2022 Canadian Stars on Ice Tour

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
If you folks can't even spell her name correctly, perhaps you should stop talking about her in a thread that has nothing to do with her as she's not part of the cast...

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Satoko! :swoon: Satoko is part of the cast! The Tiny Queen will be touring Canada and I have an on-ice ticket for sale for the Vancouver show May 19th. Anyone interested? Keegs will be there too. And Weaver/Poje, Gilles/Poirier and Elladj. It will be epic! :respec: :encore: I wish I could go (but I'll be in Croatia :D)

paskatefan

^ Oh, I wish we lived closer to the Canadian border so we could attend CSOI every year! 💕🇨🇦🇯🇵⛸️ Looking forward to the USA SOI tour as always, but I miss the international feel of the show (that the USA tour used to have). 💕🇺🇸⛸️, too!

Sylvia

TBD
Canadian Stars on Ice Vancouver ticket for sale (Thursday, May 19 at 7 pm, Rogers Arena): 1st row in Section 115.
A friend paid Canadian $65.65 - please send me a PM if interested, thanks.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I also have a ticket for sale for CSOI in Vancouver (May 19th Rogers Arena): On ice - Section 106ICE, Row A, Seat 10. I paid $200+ PM if interested. It's a truly awesome seat!

PishPosh9

Why is Alissa on this tour? A lot of the way more current US ladies can’t even get a spot on US SOI, so how does she get a spot on Canada?

PishPosh9

Wow I am really out of the loop… I thouht Kurt and Sonia were still married! (Or are they??)

MLIS

I have three tickets for the Stars on Ice performance in Ottawa this weekend (Sunday, 4 p.m., Canadian Tire Centre), unfortunately our household is now in quarantine thanks to a positive test so I'd be happy to see them go to a new home. Sec 103, row J, $170 for the three (I'll entertain any reasonable offer, and also willing to sell fewer than 3 if you don't need all 3). Tickets are electronic so can be transferred. Let me know!

dogbert

Is it Hamilton? Since they are both from Bowling Green? He kept Steven Cousins on that tour for decades.
Yes, obviously.

SOI is, first and foremost a business. But it is, and always has been, Scott Hamilton's show. Look at the SOI "About" page on the website under "Tour History" and "Creative Team". The only picture is of Scott. Not even a head shot of Jeff Buttle who is listed as Director and Choreographer.

Despite what some people seem to think, Browning has never had any ownership interest or control over SOI, even in Canada. Like I said, this is a Scott production, through and through, and is run out of the U.S.

I have no doubt that the faith-based charities supported by the show in both Canada and the U.S. are there because Scott wants this.

It has been well known, for years, that skaters are invited to SOI because they can sell tickets from personal popularity or their Olympic/World medals. Either that, or you get invited because you are a Friend of Scott. Like Steven Cousins, as you said.

As with Cousins, Alissa has no World or Olympic medals. She might sell some tickets in the U.S., but not in Canada. But she is most definitely a Friend of Scott. It is not just being a fellow Christian from Bowling Green. She is a Board Ambassador of Scott's charitable foundation https://www.scottcares.org/about/board-ambassadors.

The only Canadian on that Board is another Scott, this one named Moir. For whatever reason.

Beyond any doubt, Alissa has worked very hard to volunteer and raise money in support of Hamilton's cancer charity, which is highly personal and important to him.

Connect the dots - this is not Browning's call.

On a tangent, I was amazed to find out that Elladj Balde has over 604,000 followers on Instagram. Just for fun, I tallied up the IG followings of every other SOI Canada cast member and tossed in SOI's corporate account - it came to just under 485,000. So Elladj, all by himself, has about 119,000 more IG followers than SOI and the rest of the cast put together. Impressive.

skategal

Bunny mama
I can’t believe I’m not going tonight.

But we are travelling internationally 2 weeks from today and can’t risk getting a positive Covid test.

Oh well.

Hope it is a good show for the fans.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
I will be at the Sunday show in Ottawa and will be wearing a mask - they are "optional but recommended" by the facility. I will have to line up at the box office with my confirmation # (and photo ID) to get a "ticket" to admit me to the show as they are now fully "mobile" and I don't own a smart phone.

Desperado

I’m hoping to be at the Ottawa show too and will wear a mask. My friend just travelled out of country and is less concerned about getting sick than I am so I’m waiting for her to reach me Sunday am, telling me she’s a-ok before we buy tickets.

It’s the only way I saw to avoid losing ticket $$.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information