2022–23 Canadian Ice Dance: News and Updates

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
Oh no it has come to this now? But seriously that was a random fall, let's see how they do at 4CC then Worlds, then we'll know for sure if they know how to bring it when it counts if not, bring me some B/B please. I get Klimova vibes from her....:)
I love the Danadians, I'm thrilled they pulled out a win this last weekend, but Bigbird has a point. Consistency remains an issue for them, and I wonder if they're a team who struggles to last through a long season. They looked REALLY great early on this year. Hopefully GPF and Canadians were mid-season foibles that they'll blow past before coming back strong for 4CC and Worlds.

Because if not... I hate to admit they're giving the ridiculous L&L uber legit ammo. (No disrespect to my other fellow, not abrasive L&L ubers)

Speaking of, I was blown away by Marjorie & Zach's FD performance Saturday. Wow - I already figured these two were well-capable of a lot, but they're already past my expectations. Despite a tough year for them in terms of semantics, they aren't letting it hold them back in development. Good thing with so many talented teams coming up, like B&B.

yurokis40

I love the Danadians, I'm thrilled they pulled out a win this last weekend, but Bigbird has a point. Consistency remains an issue for them, and I wonder if they're a team who struggles to last through a long season. They looked REALLY great early on this year. Hopefully GPF and Canadians were mid-season foibles that they'll blow past before coming back strong for 4CC and Worlds.

Because if not... I hate to admit they're giving the ridiculous L&L uber legit ammo. (No disrespect to my other fellow, not abrasive L&L ubers)

Speaking of, I was blown away by Marjorie & Zach's FD performance Saturday. Wow - I already figured these two were well-capable of a lot, but they're already past my expectations. Despite a tough year for them in terms of semantics, they aren't letting it hold them back in development. Good thing with so many talented teams coming up, like B&B.
If the danadians don`t do well at 4cc the decent thing to do would be to give up their worlds spot to Lala.

screech

To me this LaLa vis Danadians is a bit over the top. IMO the Danadians are clearly the superior team. LaLa have never beaten them, not even when the Danadians have made glaring mistakes. White Crow is a fantastic program, however in my personal opinion, LaLa are still overall not quite at the Danadians level so I personally think the decision on who to send to Worlds was an easy and clear one. Even if LaLa do beat the Danadians at 4CC, that's just one competition out of how many? And internationally, the Danadians scores are significantly higher than LaLa's. Even their lowest score of the season so far would have them vying for a medal at any event this year.

karmena

I'm hoping that just before they step on the ice for the free program at 4CC, Marie-France whips out a pair of scissors and cuts about 2 feet off that dress. :p
I guess, Marie- France has decided first to try some other way :) :

' I think I'll have to choreograph some way that she grabs the skirt so it doesnt slip under her skate. Better to happen here. [Laurence]will train more with the skirt and we will figure out a way that it won't happen again'

from the article/interview at

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Laurence has worn a long skirt for much of her career, though, so if this is the first time it's caused trouble, she's not doing so badly!

Long skirt and big or overly-prominent earrings. IMO, I wish she’d stop the frou-frou for competitions.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Laurence can do whatever she wants because she is the QUEEN. :drama:

I prefer a tidy overall look…beside the dress/costume, which must be showy.

For a Roma or Latin exhibition - frou-frou is A-OK!

icedancefan!!

Hi everyone!!!!!! So unrelated to this topic being discussed, but I heard a little rumor for RDs for next year........

JUNIOR: 80s themed (very confirmed, just not sure tempo) -- maybe Rocker Foxtrot as the pattern (idk why that dance but oh well)

SENIOR: THEME = ??? -- bringing back the pattern -- Silver Samba but... NO key points, NO timing rules, NO ice pattern placement rules....... (which I find then unfair for the juniors, but that's just my personal opinion lol)

REMEMBER... all rumors that I've heard from a few coaches (one being indirectly Carol Lane from Scarboro)

EVERYONE COMMENT 80s SONGS THAT YOU WANT JUNIORS TO SKATE TO!!!!!!!!

Sylvia

TBD
Hi everyone!!!!!! So unrelated to this topic being discussed, but I heard a little rumor for RDs for next year........
I recommend you check out the "The Dance Hall 10: The Saitama Samba 2022-2023" thread in the Trash Can forum where this topic has been brought up (post #1,364): https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...a-samba-2022-2023.109753/page-46#post-6365883

Maybe you (or someone else) could create a thread in the Trash Can for ice dance RD music ideas for next season? :)

barbarafan

Laurence has worn a long skirt for much of her career, though, so if this is the first time it's caused trouble, she's not doing so badly!
it was a problem on their sliding move and her skate seemed to slid on the skirt. But yes, either shorten the skirt or practice in it more doing run throughs to figure out her pulling it up going into the slid with an extra arm movement etc.

honey

The skirt is a risk but what happened at nationals seems like a fluke. If this was something that happened often, I doubt she would have kept the skirt all this time. She most likely trains every day with a practice version and this is also not the first time she’s worn a similar skirt (2018-2019 was a similar length and style). She’s had lots of time to figure out how to work with it and is probably extremely comfortable with how she needs to handle it to execute the program. My feeling is they know there is a risk there, but the movement of the skirt being such a part of the choreography and the look/feel of the program is worth it to them.

azcalder

The skirt is a risk but what happened at nationals seems like a fluke. If this was something that happened often, I doubt she would have kept the skirt all this time. She most likely trains every day with a practice version and this is also not the first time she’s worn a similar skirt (2018-2019 was a similar length and style). She’s had lots of time to figure out how to work with it and is probably extremely comfortable with how she needs to handle it to execute the program. My feeling is they know there is a risk there, but the movement of the skirt being such a part of the choreography and the look/feel of the program is worth it to them.
In 2018-2019 she wasn't sliding across the ice. For me, it's that element that causes the most worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information