2022–23 Canadian Ice Dance: News and Updates

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Tessa was uniquely talented. If wholesome. And then there were Kaitlin and Shae-Lyn, both Canadian, neither wholesome (I mean that as a compliment.)
If you mean Kaitlyn Weaver, how on earth was she anything but wholesome (but not originally Canadian!)?

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
If you mean Kaitlyn Weaver, how on earth was she anything but wholesome (but not originally Canadian!)?
I did (sorry I can’t keep track of the 100 ways to spell her first name.) And Je Suis Malade with the dangling nightie was wholesome? Surely you jest. Kaitlyn was/is sexy.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I did (sorry I can’t keep track of the 100 ways to spell her first name.) And Je Suis Malade with the dangling nightie was wholesome? Surely you jest. Kaitlyn was/is sexy.
I love Kaitlyn but she always seemed very wholesome to me.

(Not dissing your spelling prowess, you might have meant Kaetlyn Osmond. Kaitlin has the most spellings of any name!)

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Meanwhile back to Canadian ice dance, I was going to post a few weeks ago that Lajoie and Lagha were going to be the team that creates the biggest divide between like and dislike on FSU for the next few years. It seems to be trending that way.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Meanwhile back to Canadian ice dance, I was going to post a few weeks ago that Lajoie and Lagha were going to be the team that creates the biggest divide between like and dislike on FSU for the next few years. It seems to be trending that way.
They have a big Twitter following, from what I can see. They have had ever since their junior days. I may not be able to see the appeal, but it seems quite a few people can!

Last edited:

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
They have a big Twitter following, from what I can see. They have ever since their junior days. I may not be able to see the appeal, but it seems quite a few people can!
For sure but there are those who tend strongly in the other direction. It should be really aggravating fun over the years! ;)

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Wow as it there weren't enough Canadian teams on the international circuit this year, Skate Canada is sending LILY HENSEN / NATHAN LICKERS to the Ice Challenge event. They were 9th at nationals. They don't have an ISU bio though they did get their worlds minimums at the Lake Placid event.

litenkyckling

I don’t dislike them - I think they’re really skilled in skating and have a lot to offer. However - for me I have to like the programme for them. I think these ones are ok. For me they need to work on their chemistry together as I sometimes think they don’t feel like they’re skating as 1

litenkyckling

Wow as it there weren't enough Canadian teams on the international circuit this year, Skate Canada is sending LILY HENSEN / NATHAN LICKERS to the Ice Challenge event. They were 9th at nationals. They don't have an ISU bio though they did get their worlds minimums at the Lake Placid event.

They have excellent programmes this year and have shown a lot of improvement.

barbarafan

International judges score differently from our domestic judges so some cdn teams have to stay on the farm & do not have the chance to impress international judges.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
International judges score differently from our domestic judges so some cdn teams have to stay on the farm & do not have the chance to impress international judges.
I'm not sure what you mean...ice dance gets a lot of international assignments compared the other disciplines in Canada. 10 senior teams with challenger and/or grand prix assignments this season. Only 15 teams qualify for nationals so that means 2/3 of the field will have international experience.

barbarafan

I'm not sure what you mean...ice dance gets a lot of international assignments compared the other disciplines in Canada. 10 senior teams with challenger and/or grand prix assignments this season. Only 15 teams qualify for nationals so that means 2/3 of the field will have international experience.
You are only talking about this yr. which has barely started. It is about time. Prior only top few teams got international assignments & went to everything.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!

They just placed 2nd at the ON Sectional Series event to Oliver & Graham and it was very close O & G got 165.96 and H & L got 165.68.

angi

They just placed 2nd at the ON Sectional Series event to Oliver & Graham and it was very close O & G got 165.96 and H & L got 165.68.
As someone who watched it, I felt the judging of the FD was questionable, to say the least (H/L also had a twizzles error in the RD that cost them 2-3 points).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information