2022–23 Canadian Ice Dance: News and Updates

yurokis40

There is clearly a move for la la I have to admit there free dance is stunning canadanes are in trouble can Sorensen keep it together. He screwed up at worlds costing Canada the third spot I think la la are going to worlds.

yurokis40

He didn't "screw up", he got injured.
That is the problem can his leg hold up a full season he is what 34 years old, lala are potential medalists in 2026 maybe even gold, canadanes free dance nothing special a rehash of there previous flamenco.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
That is the problem can his leg hold up a full season he is what 34 years old, lala are potential medalists in 2026 maybe even gold, canadanes free dance nothing special a rehash of there previous flamenco.
LMAO - LajLag are not potential medalists in 2026, and certainly not for gold. There are a lot of other teams that are going to still be around in Milano who are ahead of LajLag and have political support too - GuiFab and FearGib not the least amongst them. And that's not even factoring in ChoBates or GilPoir who might stick around the entire cycle.

yurokis40

LMAO - LajLag are not potential medalists in 2026, and certainly not for gold. There are a lot of other teams that are going to still be around in Milano who are ahead of LajLag and have political support too - GuiFab and FearGib not the least amongst them. And that's not even factoring in ChoBates or GilPoir who might stick around the entire cycle.

yurokis40

Your delusional lilah fear can barely skate and there pop music programs don’t win Olympic medals Guignard fabri won’t last the full quad.

Sylvia

TBD
Nadiia Bashynska uploaded her JGP in Gdansk #1 vlog (Solidarity Cup, Sept. 26-30) on October 12: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L12IcQg7HEw
Hi Friends, this is a very exciting vlog for me to post! I tried my best to capture all of the moments and emotions behind the curtains. I am beyond happy with the results of this competition and I am looking forward to post the second vlog from Gdańsk!!! Grateful to have such an amazing group of athletes alongside representing Canada, I love you team!

ETA that Bashynska/Beaumont's consecutive JGP golds in Gdansk have qualified them for the JGP Final in the 2nd place position.

Last edited:

Karen-W

Your delusional lilah fear can barely skate and there pop music programs don’t win Olympic medals Guignard fabri won’t last the full quad.
Oh, I can give you two reasons why GuiFab will, indeed, last the full quad - 1) they've said they want to compete at their home Olympics (and they train in Bergamo, which is less than an hour from Milan), and 2) there isn't another Italian ice dance team that is even close to nipping at their heels, so they're not only carrying Italian ice dance at the moment, there's no one to push them into retirement.

As far as Lilah Fear is concerned, I'm sure IAM will get them some programs that will actually continue to help conceal her deficiencies compared to her outstanding partner and win an Olympic medal by the time 2026 comes around, but let's not forget that Virtue/Moir won the Olympics with the trash soundtrack that is Moulin Rouge.

Listen, I'll be happy to revise my assessment and say that LajLag are darkhorse potential medalists. But, that's assuming they can get past a home-team GuiFab, a very popular FearGib, and whomever is the US #1 by 2026. I'm not even factoring in a potential Russian team in that conversation either.

On My Own

My delusional lilah fear can barely skate?
but let's not forget that Virtue/Moir won the Olympics with the trash soundtrack that is Moulin Rouge.
To be fair, El Tango de Roxanne is an amazing song if you consider the video, that's been run to the ground with repetitions and with largely mediocre choreography.

barbarafan

Doesn’t surprise me at all.

I was expecting L/L would make a move upwards this year.
L/L seem to have done a bit of a makeover this year. They have always had the speed and endurance but I found last yr there seemed to be sometimes nasty comments about Marjorie's facial expressions being over the top etc. For me she has toned it down & I have to look twice to know it is her. Beside from that they are crisper, neater, more controlled...this outing a lot more than their last outing. The judges seemed pretty close in their marks across the board which I was surprised at after having looked at Fabbri/Ayer who had a large disparity between judge marks. Judge 3,4, and 5 - Christine Hurth of France, Stefan GrumpelHuber of Austria and Jennifer Mast had low GOE's & PCS's in the 6's. The technical panel gave them some higher levels than they rec'd at their first local outing but GOE's quite a bit lower. I am going to look to see how 3,4,5 marked the rest of the skaters.

barbarafan

L/L seem to have done a bit of a makeover this year. They have always had the speed and endurance but I found last yr there seemed to be sometimes nasty comments about Marjorie's facial expressions being over the top etc. For me she has toned it down & I have to look twice to know it is her. Beside from that they are crisper, neater, more controlled...this outing a lot more than their last outing. The judges seemed pretty close in their marks across the board which I was surprised at after having looked at Fabbri/Ayer who had a large disparity between judge marks. Judge 3,4, and 5 - Christine Hurth of France, Stefan GrumpelHuber of Austria and Jennifer Mast had low GOE's & PCS's in the 6's. The technical panel gave them some higher levels than they rec'd at their first local outing but GOE's quite a bit lower. I am going to look to see how 3,4,5 marked the rest of the skaters.
Jennifer Mast is a US judge...I forgot to put that in...I found her marking on US skaters on the high side re: GOE's

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
L/L are good technical skaters with the charisma of peanut butter and jelly. Davis/Smolkin have a better shot at a Milan medal than L/L do, and that’s not counting other US teams that will be very good by then.

Karen-W

:lol:

Admittedly it is easy to confuse one's own taste with what is best in ice dance... :p
Well, if you find yourself in agreement with @PRlady more frequently then @allezfred, you'll know you've chosen correctly. ;)

That's not to say he hasn't gotten it right a few times, but we all know the old saying about clocks being right twice a day.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Well, if you find yourself in agreement with @PRlady more frequently then @allezfred, you'll know you've chosen correctly. ;)

That's not to say he hasn't gotten it right a few times, but we all know the old saying about clocks being right twice a day.
I don't agree with either of them!

But as a die-hard Cappellini and Lanotte fan, I don't confuse my taste with what wins competitions. :saint:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Being wholesome, Canadian even, sometimes wins two Olympic gold medals. :p
Tessa was uniquely talented. If wholesome. And then there were Kaitlin and Shae-Lyn, both Canadian, neither wholesome (I mean that as a compliment.)

To give you credit, you liked Chock/Bates years before I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information