2021 NFL Thread

Cachoo

I am a Chief’s fan and could not sleep last night. That game and seeing two quarterbacks give their all—incredible game. I look at the AFC and see a slugfest for years to come: Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Alexander….and who knows who will emerge with them? What a great time to be a fan. I’m also continually awed by the speed of Tyreek Hill. I remember when he said his mom used to have him chase and corral chickens. If that is what it takes…

Susan1

I couldn't even watch Saturdays games. Too stressful. I'm a jinx too. I kept checking in though. I don't even watch football, but Bengals! That's who we root for in the Dayton area. Wow.

And I've been a 49ers fan since I saw Dwight Clark and Joe Montana's pictures on t.v. I know, shallow girl, but then the 49ers were a dynasty too, so.......

Then they both get to the 89 Super Bowl. Geez. I wore my Bengals AFC Champions sweatshirt to the carry-in at work. And my 49ers jersey to my parents' house on game day. Whiplash! At work they had the thing where you buy squares and they put the last number of the scores at the end of each quarter in after the squares are filled. (I'm sure it has a name.) I had SF-6 and Cin-0, so I didn't care if the 49ers won 56-0 or the Bengals won 50-6. I cheered for everybody. I didn't even look at the sheet. They told me at work the next day that I won $64, 3rd quarter and final score. Woo-hoo.

Funny - Green Bay. One year, I ran to the store on Sunday morning before the 49ers were going to be playing Green Bay. I had on my 49ers sweatshirt, with an open coat on. I was on my way back to my car and a guy going into the store had on a Packers sweatshirt. We booed at each other. And laughed.

Sunday, I would rather have the 49ers win their game than the Bengals (sorry!) because I don't want them to play each other in the Super Bowl again. I would have a stroke. I'm a jinx anyway. Maybe if I watch the Bengals game, they'll lose. But I want them to win. And I want the 49ers to go to the Super Bowl again. Holy Moley.

I love all the Aaron Rodgers/vaccine memes! Karma, man.

That's the extent of my football conversation!

Yehudi

AITA
I loved the Bengals back in the Boomer/Sam Wyche era, never liked them during the Marvin Lewis era, although Andy Dalton will never have to pay for his wings if he ever comes here again (and he’s welcome to backup Josh if Mitch goes to another team).

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I have an obnoxious friend who lives in New Orleans. The only good teams are LSU and Saints and she denigrate every other team or fan not from Louisiana.

Apparently the Bengals fans are stupid, copycats, and I don't know what else because they are using the Louisana cheer Who Dat or something.

She hates Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, a bunch of other quarterbacks. She hates the 49ers, the Cardinals, the Chargers, and a bunch of other teams. She doesn't want to hear any praises for Mahomes.

She listed all the players from LSU who played over the weekend. She loves Joe Burrow even more because he wears a purple wristband that says something about LSU as a good luck charm.

She is so obnoxious about Drew Brees. How he should come back to quarterback her Saints.

Thank you for letting me vent!

elka_sk8

The games this weekend were insane! Long time bengals fan and and so happy they’ve made it this far! Slightly afraid of the next round, I just hope Burrow doesn’t get injured. :yikes:I was rooting for the Bills too as it would have been nice to have a different team come out of the AFC regardless who won the next round. I jinxed it by texting my Bills fan bestie with 13 seconds left…..oops.

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
I have an obnoxious friend who lives in New Orleans. The only good teams are LSU and Saints and she denigrate every other team or fan not from Louisiana.

Apparently the Bengals fans are stupid, copycats, and I don't know what else because they are using the Louisana cheer Who Dat or something.

She hates Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, a bunch of other quarterbacks. She hates the 49ers, the Cardinals, the Chargers, and a bunch of other teams. She doesn't want to hear any praises for Mahomes.

She listed all the players from LSU who played over the weekend. She loves Joe Burrow even more because he wears a purple wristband that says something about LSU as a good luck charm.

She is so obnoxious about Drew Brees. How he should come back to quarterback her Saints.

Thank you for letting me vent!
Good for you venting (and I am a huge Drew Brees fan which manages to fuel my support for the Saints this year). Drew served that team extraordinarily well and anything he wants to try as a career post-Saints he has more than earned. Maybe her tune will change if AarRod joins the Saints.

And doesn't your friend appreciate Joe Burrow with the Bengals? I mean LSU only won a CFB championship with him as QB.

Apparently the only thing she and I might agree on is her take on "Tom Terrific". :shuffle:

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Good for you venting (and I am a huge Drew Brees fan which manages to fuel my support for the Saints this year). Drew served that team extraordinarily well and anything he wants to try as a career post-Saints he has more than earned. Maybe her tune will change if AarRod joins the Saints.

And doesn't your friend appreciate Joe Burrow with the Bengals? I mean LSU only won a CFB championship with him as QB.

Apparently the only thing she and I might agree on is her take on "Tom Terrific". :shuffle:
Oh she adores Joe.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
We talked to our friends who were at the Chiefs game. They said it was such an emotional roller coaster in the stadium. She said what you do miss in the stadium was some of the repeated slow mo replays - they replay it on the big screen but the nuances of repeated replay is missed. Especially in as exciting finish of the 13 second field goal drive.

They are going to be at Sunday's game.

Cachoo

Absolutely! This was the kind of game that the Super Bowl should always be and very rarely is! Truly epic! And I agree that the overtime rules really suck. Should be more like the NCAA overtime rules.
In 2018 the Chiefs lost in OT to the Patriots for the AFC championship. The Patriots won in OT and Mahomes never touched the ball. The Chiefs presented a rules change for OT and were met with a resounding NO and some suggested sour grapes. And well, YEAH, we wanted to see Mahomes have a shot in OT. Their argument was the players were so fatigued by the end of the game that a prolonged OT might create more injuries and go on and on and on. But I think there are options out there. Rich Eisen mentioned one: Let's say team A wins the coin toss and takes the ball to the end zone in 6 moves. Then team B will have six moves to equal the score. If they don't...game over. If they make it in five....they win.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Well, this is some news: Sean Payton is stepping away from the Saints.

He’s 58 years old - he could still come back and coach a few years if he wanted to. Or do the Tony Dungy route and just commentate.
What I heard rumored was Troy Aikman is being pursued to join another network to be lead on their NFL programming and Fox is pursuing Sean Peyton as another commentator.

Fiero425

What I heard rumored was Troy Aikman is being pursued to join another network to be lead on their NFL programming and Fox is pursuing Sean Peyton as another commentator.

It makes little sense to wooo Peyton since he's prob. the Coach "in waiting" to the Dallas Cowboys after McCarthy's fired next season! :confused:

Yehudi

AITA
Very classy gesture from Chiefs fans. Looking forward to donating to Patrick Mahomes’ favorite charity :).

Fiero425

I was almost hoping he'd hang in there one more season to get rocked! Whenever he lost, commentators gave credit to the "geriatric of the league" over all else! It was usually the defense's problem, but forget when Brady scored 24 unanswered points! The defense gave him short fields with multiple turnovers by LA Rams! Idiots; esp. Skip Bayless who schlurps Brady up almost every day! Ernestine should be jealous! :confused: :wall::rolleyes::scream:

easilydistracte

Geezette
Congratulations to Cincinnati! Y'all played a great game and hope you come out on top in the Superbowl! (This from a long-time Rams fan:eek: :confused: . . .)

That being said, I have to echo whoever said previously that it's a shame one of the teams had to lose. Just hoping that the Superbowl is as good a game as the playoffs have been to this point.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
The Bengals defense stepped in up in the 4th. Several possessions by Chiefs, Patrick had no one opened

I am disappointed of course, but Bengals did the job.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
That was an easy field goal and they got cocky.

This late game is looking to be exciting too. Really hoping the Super Bowl will be epic, right into Olympic dance. I have to work the next morning so I hope everyone else will be as unmotivated as I will be.

Cachoo

The Bengals defense stepped in up in the 4th. Several possessions by Chiefs, Patrick had no one opened

I am disappointed of course, but Bengals did the job.
The D was big for Cincy. Congrats to the Bengals. It is tough to watch Mahomes struggle but that has been the offense much of the season although they looked better last week. Also Burrow must surely be the toast of Cincinnati.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information