The 2023 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cachoo

I’ll watch as I am curious to see who is drafted in the first two rounds. And KC had been sprucing up for tonight. Hope they are good hosts. Whoa....turned on the preshow....is that crowd size normal?

Last edited:

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I got to WFH today rather than drive downtown. We are lucking out with great weather and the city always looks great this time of year.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I’ll watch as I am curious to see who is drafted in the first two rounds. And KC had been sprucing up for tonight. Hope they are good hosts. Whoa....turned on the preshow....is that crowd size normal?
I saw about 7 minutes of pre show only in the studio, fell asleep. But the outdoor shots great showcase

Cachoo

I saw about 7 minutes of pre show only in the studio, fell asleep. But the outdoor shots great showcase
I was thinking about the visitors going to Gates BBQ not knowing you are going to be yelled at when you enter the door. There needs to be a primer for Gates.......nice Green Room for the players.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I was thinking about the visitors going to Gates BBQ not knowing you are going to be yelled at when you enter the door. There needs to be a primer for Gates.......nice Green Room for the players.
We went to Gates when we were in KC 2 weekends ago. Yep an experience

Cachoo

Interesting Levis....originally thought to be a 4th round pick, had been predicted to be a 1st round pick based on a Reddit comment,/thread a week or so ago. Became the first pick on night 2.

Colin Cowherd hated his vanity pics of his arm (his guns.) But I think this kind of stuff is common for folks his age. I was curious and looked at some numbers. 66 QB's have been taken in the first round since 2000. That is a lot of qb's who did not make the transition to starting qb in the NFL. And we aren't even talking about later rounds where other qb's emerged (like Russell Wilson.) The odds are against them. When you find that franchise QB they are like gold.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I just looked up #1 picks for draft from 2000-present. More than half were QB
Eli Manning, David Carr, Alex Smith, Matthew Stafford, Sam Bradford, Michael Vick, Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, Baker Mayfield, Jake Goff (I don't know him), Kyler Murrey, Joe Burrow.

Yeah, seems if the teams can get a QB early...

Depending on their needs - I mean KC didn't need to rebuild around a QB, - they had Alex Smith who was doing OK until the awful bone break and MRSA infection

It's just that Levis went from being a 40:1 first round pick to a 4:1, then not picked until 2nd round. What I read was he jumped up like that when he or someone posted on reddit that ×number of teams are talking to him. That made him one of the 17 invitees to be present in KC.

Cachoo

I just looked up #1 picks for draft from 2000-present. More than half were QB
Eli Manning, David Carr, Alex Smith, Matthew Stafford, Sam Bradford, Michael Vick, Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, Baker Mayfield, Jake Goff (I don't know him), Kyler Murrey, Joe Burrow.

Yeah, seems if the teams can get a QB early...

Depending on their needs - I mean KC didn't need to rebuild around a Qith who was doing OKB,
- they had Alex Sm until the awful bone break and MRSA infection

It's just that Levis went from being a 40:1 first round pick to a 4:1, then not picked until 2nd round. What I read was he jumped up like that when he or someone posted on reddit that ×number of teams are talking to him. That made him one of the 17 invitees to be present in KC.
Yes, I was surprised when they went for Mahomes because they had been a play-off team. I know they called Alex Captain Checkdown but if you win with short, safe passes what's the difference? And then I saw Mahomes in his first year starting and was absolutely dazzled. This is a favorite https://youtu.be/6oZ-aCvxI24 (I miss Tyreek)

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
It's Jared Goff, he was with the Rams and made it to the Super Bowl where they lost in a defensive battle to Belichek and Brady.

He was subsequently traded to the Lions for Matt Stafford, who won the Super Bowl for the Rams.

Goff actually had a really strong season last year for the Lions.

Badams

Pre-seaaon has started. I love it because football gives us something to do on Sundays when the weather turns. I hate it because it starts too early and it's still gorgeous out. Ending in early February doesn't help the last several weeks of horrible weather pass. NFL season should start in October.

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
I've been enjoying the baseball season very much, but I'm ready for some football!

Badams

Damar Hamlin (suffered Cardiac arrest last season) of the Buffalo Bills is returning to the game.
It's absolutely amazing. I live in the Buffalo area, so it's basically the Buffalo Bills 24/7 here, but it's amazing for everyone to see him thriving, I imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information