2021-22 Programs and Choreographers

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
It's not an original choreography apparently
Because 2 seconds of the beginning and the ending pose are similar? :lol: Skating is always pulling from other sources or pulling from skaters of the past themselves. I'm not too bothered by what was presented in this very brief clip (curious to see the whole performance though rather than spliced together segments), and find it interesting that the social media brigade is filling up comments such as 'as if we needed another reason to root against T/M'. :rolleyes:

Oksana Baiul's 'Arabian' program is one of my absolute all-time favorites. That is peak commanding skating IMO. But she lifted the entire concept and some of the choreographic ideas from the first minute of a Jill Trenary program, because Trenary was her idol.

Also an ETA- I think if it were any camp other than Eteri & Daniil, sleuths wouldn't be as eager to draw comparisons. But I've seen a lot of skating (as has most of this board, probably), and there are 'outside' influences found everywhere.

Last edited:

Colonel Green

Marjorie Lajoie & Zachary Lagha
RD: "Funkytown" by Lipps, Inc.; "Super Solid Soul Vehicle" by Tom McGuire & the Brassholes; "Far from Over" by Frank Stallone;
FD: Rio OST

Carolane Soucisse & Shane Firus
RD: "What's Love Got to Do With It?" by Tina Turner; "Enough is Enough" by Barbra Streisand & Donna Summer;
FD: "Hier Encore", "La Boheme" by Charles Aznavour

Last edited:

Colonel Green

Also, both teams need to proofread their bio updates before hitting send, because they're both riddled with spelling errors (and Carolane & Shane also seem to have accidentally deleted the listing of their coaches and choreographers).

Andrea82

Natalia Kaliszek/Maksym Spodyriev

RD
Blues: Quick Musical Doodles by Two Feet
Hip Hop: Glory by The Score

FD
Heart Cry by Perpetual Emotions
Natural by Imagine Dragones

Colonel Green

Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier
RD: "I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues", "I'm Still Standing" by Elton John
FD: "The Long and Winding Road" performed by Govardo

Haley Sales & Nikolas Wamsteeker
FD: "Scared to Be Lonely" by Dua Lipa & Martin Garrix

Source: ACI practice, Piper's Instagram Stories

Last edited:

chantilly

Considering the first season of such snooze garnered them accolades, recognition and buzz and the second year garnered them a bronze medal, in an Olympic year to choose a style of music for their FD that has been so successful is hardly surprising, not to mention strategic and smart.

Think they’ll make up for the snoozing with EJ in the RD

Colonel Green

I love TLAWR but going 3 times in a row for such snooze. Hmpf.
Quoth Carol Lane: "People often say to me 'oh, you've gone down this lyrical road now and blah blah blah you did Hitchcock and you did the Beatles and you did James Bond and, you know, you did so many interesting things'. I said 'yes, and what did we get for that?' Absolutely nothing."

Bigbird

Quoth Carol Lane: "People often say to me 'oh, you've gone down this lyrical road now and blah blah blah you did Hitchcock and you did the Beatles and you did James Bond and, you know, you did so many interesting things'. I said 'yes, and what did we get for that?' Absolutely nothing."
Truth.

chantilly

I still also feel that even if they are doing more lyrical, they still put a unique spin on it.

Whether it be on their lifts, field moves and transitions.

Vincent was very unique in terms of lyrical programs.

I also think Piper is the best actor of the top ten teams.

seabm7

Junhwan CHA

SP: Fate of the Clockmaker by Eternal Eclipse, Flynn Hase Spence
Cloak and Dagger by Bianca Ban
FS: Popoli de Pekino by Giacomo Puccini
Violin Fantasy on Puccini's Turandot by Vanessa-Mae
Turandot, Act 3: Nessun Dorma (Turandot, Act 3) by Giacomo Puccini, performed by Jose Carreras

Only Shae-Lynn Bourne is listed as the choreographer at http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00054719.htm.

Eunsoo LIM

SP: El Tango de Roxanne from Moulin Rouge soundtrack by Ewan McGregor, Jacek Koman, Jose Feliciano
choreo by Yeaji Shin
FS: East of Eden (soundtrack) by Lee Holdridge
choreo by Jeffrey Buttle (2020-2021 FS)

from http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00054723.htm

Haein LEE

SP: Ave Maria by Franz Schubert, performed by Helen Fischer (2020-2021 SP)
FS: Homage to Korea by Ji Pyeong Kwon
both choreo by Jeaji Shin

from http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00104786.htm

Seoyeong WI

SP: The Grandmaster (soundtrack) by Shigeru Umebayashi
The Last Airbender (soundtrack) by James Newton Howard
FS: Tristan et Iseult by Maxime Rodriguez (2020-2021 FS)
both choreo by Jeaji Shin

from http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00104794.htm
https://mobile.twitter.com/sk8ter_YJS1/status/1325073265610534912
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHSy4Wjr-17/

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
The other thing is that G&Ps last two programs have been great for them, and although this does feel like the third of the same thing, it won't to the Olympic audience.
Well, that's an awfully big assumption there, that there will BE an audience in the arena for the Olympics...

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
:huh: You're assuming they are talking about live audience and not the home audience
Yes and no? I think that having no audience in the arena is going to make it hard for the audience at home to get excited and revved up. Sure, the skaters dealt with that at Worlds this year but most of them have said they prefer the audience, and feed off the audience's energy. Sasha's program is one that I think very much needs the crowd's energy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information