2021-22 ISU Grand Prix assignments announced

Sylvia

TBD

John had a recurrence of XXX and is still under Doctor's restrictions.
That post-test skates report was published in mid-September? Machine translated excerpt:
This time we had a little delay in the preparation of Jon and Tiffany, - says coach Svetlana Lvovna Alekseeva. - It was due to Jon's illness. In the summer, he again fell ill with covid. Moreover, for the second time. Therefore, the guys' trip to England to stage a production with Christopher Dean was postponed all the time. Finally, at the end of July, they went there [England to work with Dean on their FD]...
ETA:

No reason given for Z/G's withdrawal from Skate America (Morozov/Bagin are the other originally assigned Russian dance team):

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
"The Russian ice dancing duo Tiffani Zagorski / Jonathan Guerreiro will not take part in the first stage of the Skate America Grand Prix, because Zagorski is in an infectious diseases hospital, the pair's coach Svetlana Alekseeva said."

:( I hope Tiff recovers fully & well.

ETA: Z/G were not "replaced by another Russian team Morozov/Bagin" (as stated in the article) - M/B were assigned originally with Z/G to Skate America.

Last edited:

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
"The Russian ice dancing duo Tiffani Zagorski / Jonathan Guerreiro will not take part in the first stage of the Skate America Grand Prix, because Zagorski is in an infectious diseases hospital, the pair's coach Svetlana Alekseeva said."

:( I hope Tiff recovers fully & well.
Thank you! 🙏

On My Own

In the coverage of Asian Open by CCTV Sports News today it is mentioned Wang / Liu will leave for GP Italy with Team China the day after tomorrow. So at this moment I expect to see all Chinese skaters on the entry list in Turin.
So no S/H at Skate Canada?

Gris

不做奴才做公民
So no S/H at Skate Canada?

They didn't mention anything about S/H in that clip so I don't know.

The original wording in Chinese the coverage used is "后天,王诗玥柳鑫宇将随中国队前往都灵参加大奖赛意大利站的比赛" and "随中国队" = "with Team China". Whether the "Team China" here includes Sui / Han or not, I really have no idea.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
They didn't mention anything about S/H in that clip so I don't know.

The original wording in Chinese the coverage used is "后天,王诗玥柳鑫宇将随中国队前往都灵参加大奖赛意大利站的比赛" and "随中国队" = "with Team China". Whether the "Team China" here includes Sui / Han or not, I really have no idea.
I think the bigger question is whether or not Yudong Chen is going to remain on the list for his GP event. The same could apply to Yu Zhi for hers. Neither skated very well today.

On My Own

I think the bigger question is whether or not Yudong Chen is going to remain on the list for his GP event. The same could apply to Yu Zhi for hers. Neither skated very well today.
I think they'll simply have to send someone, won't they? IDK what's up with Hongyi Chen, but if Jin decides to skip worlds after the Olympics, they'll have no man they can send with the TES mins (since it looks unlikely Han is going to skate this season). So Yudong will need to earn TES mins at some point this season.

Karen-W

I think they'll simply have to send someone, won't they? IDK what's up with Hongyi Chen, but if Jin decides to skip worlds after the Olympics, they'll have no man they can send with the TES mins (since it looks unlikely Han is going to skate this season). So Yudong will need to earn TES mins at some point this season.
That's assuming he's even capable of the TES mins. Per the protocol, he had 9 falls in the FS. Neither he nor Peng Zhiming even have the 4CCs TES minimums so I suppose the Chinese fed is going to have to find some way to get one or both of them out to compete internationally this fall. Yudong has the 4CCs SP min but needs the FS min while Zhiming has the 4CCs FS min but needs the SP min. Neither of them have the Worlds mins in either the SP or FS.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
That's assuming he's even capable of the TES mins. Per the protocol, he had 9 falls in the FS. Neither he nor Peng Zhiming even have the 4CCs TES minimums so I suppose the Chinese fed is going to have to find some way to get one or both of them out to compete internationally this fall. Yudong has the 4CCs SP min but needs the FS min while Zhiming has the 4CCs FS min but needs the SP min. Neither of them have the Worlds mins in either the SP or FS.
Nine falls in an FS must be a record That one wouldn't want to own. Also it means more than two falls per minute. He must have stumbled on footwork or something, in addition to falls on jumps.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Nine falls in an FS must be a record That one wouldn't want to own. Also it means more than two falls per minute. He must have stumbled on footwork or something, in addition to falls on jumps.

I saw that deduction earlier and was just about to go check what happened.

On My Own

They'll probably bank on Yudong getting the 4CC FS mins at GP Italy, then. Wonder why they're leaving already.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
It seems Z/G were not replaced after their withdrawal from SA. There are still 9 ice dance teams. Correct me if I am wrong.

Sylvia

TBD
Both Z/G and Daniil Samsonov withdrew from Skate America less than "14 days prior to the Team Leaders Meeting" (Thursday, Oct .21) so it appears neither will be replaced?

From page 10 of the GP Announcement: https://www.isu.org/docman-document...-grand-prix-general-announcement-2021-22/file

7.6 Replacements
It is mandatory that an Organizing ISU Member replaces any Pair who withdraws from the event with an
alternate up to fourteen (14) days prior to the Team Leaders Meeting for that event.
For a Women or Men Skater, up to fourteen (14) days prior to the Team Leaders Meeting for that event, it is
voluntary that an Organizing ISU Member replaces any Skater who withdraws from the event who would be
the 11th or 12th entry, but must replace with an alternate any Skater who withdraws if fewer than 10 entries
remain.
For an Ice Dance couple, up to fourteen (14) days prior to the draw for that event, it is voluntary that a host
country replaces any Ice Dance couple who withdraws from the event who would be the 9th or 10th entry, but
must replace any Dance couple who withdraws with an alternate couple if fewer than 8 entries remain.
At the fourteen day mark, consideration will be given by the ISU Grand Prix Coordination Group to leaving a
position vacant because of visa requirements or unduly high travel costs that would be incurred by the
Organizing ISU Member.

Last edited:

Karen-W

It seems Z/G were not replaced after their withdrawal from SA. There are still 9 ice dance teams. Correct me if I am wrong.
Not sure yet. The Men and Dance grids haven't been updated since last Tue/Wed. My guess is that, if either Samsonov or Z/G are being replaced, we'll see a grid update tomorrow.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
USFS isn't required to make any replacements at this point, but there are enough skaters/teams training in the US who have the minimums, and so many hosts who play with the substitution rules early, let alone for places within the 14-day range, that it would be a shame not to replace them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information