2021-22 ISU Grand Prix assignments announced

Sedge

John had a recurrence of XXX and is still under Doctor's restrictions.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Do we know if the withdrawal is due to injury or to visa problems?

I hope Z/G can compete in their 2nd event.
they already have a visa long time before.
If they need a fast replacement, only Davis / Smolkin are the easiest, she's american and just competed recently.

bronze in Skam and Silver in Canada is doable, SinKats and StepBukin are probably sweating.
Its not farfetched also for Davis/Smolkin to medal at Worlds sadly.

everyone was as pessimistic about Mishina / Galliamov :confused:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

John had a recurrence of XXX and is still under Doctor's restrictions.
So sad! :(

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
If they need a fast replacement, only Davis / Smolkin are the easiest, she's american and just competed recently.

bronze in Skam and Silver in Canada is doable, SinKats and StepBukin are probably sweating.

You see them beating F-B/S? I'm not so sure.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...

They're not getting the bronze at SkAm - not when Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen and Smart/Diaz are both there. Plus, we don't even know if they're on the alternates list yet - per @haribobo's most recent alternate list, they might not be eligible for selection until some of the other skaters ranked ahead of them get 2 assignments.

BTW, bronze at SCI is also a stretch with Guignard/Fabbri, Fear/Gibson, and Smart/Diaz there not to mention Lajoie/Lagha and Green/Parsons.

Karen-W

78+ SD and close to 120 FD is doable.
They are coached by Igor + improvements + nepotism
That was one event and who knows what the judges on the GP will do with them, especially when they're competing against a bunch of other teams that they're on the same level with or nipping at the heels of like Smart/Diaz, Lajoie/Lagha and Green/Parsons. They're not beating F-B/S or F/G right now.

RoseRed

Yeah, D/S aren't eligible yet as replacements I don't think. They aren't in the top ten options. Though when it gets very close to an event, they sometimes will stretch that for a skater/team that trains close by, if it's complicated to get anyone else.

The list should be:
  1. Reed/Ambrulevius - 2nd (IdF)
  2. Nazarova/Nikitin - 2nd (NHK)
  3. Shevchenko/Eremenko 2nd (NHK)
  4. Kazakova/Reviya - 2nd (CoR)
  5. Shanaeva/Naryzhnyy - 2nd (SC)
  6. Janse van Rensburg/Steffan - 2nd (IdF)
  7. Wagret/Souquet-Basiege
  8. Mueller/Dieck - 2nd (CoC)
  9. Skoptcova/Aleshin - 2nd (CoR)
  10. Ushakova/Nekrasov
Next would be Orihara/Pirinen, then Davis/Smolkin.

I don't know if any of the top ten are currently in North America, or how easy it would be for any of them to enter the US. If none of them can, then D/S could get the spot possibly.

Karen-W

Yeah, D/S aren't eligible yet as replacements I don't think. They aren't in the top ten options. Though when it gets very close to an event, they sometimes will stretch that for a skater/team that trains close by, if it's complicated to get anyone else.
Right but since we know that Reed/Ambrulevicius are back in Montreal training, I think it would be just as easy for them, plus there's a huge group from IAM already at SkAm.

RoseRed

Right but since we know that Reed/Ambrulevicius are back in Montreal training, I think it would be just as easy for them, plus there's a huge group from IAM already at SkAm.
They aren't in Montreal right now though - they're at the Budapest Trophy. That's the only reason I'm unsure about them. If they do need a visa, it might be a problem to get it.

Rhumba d’Amour

And—Alison was born in the US and presumably retains her US passport. Plus she and Saulius trained in the US up until recently, with Zueva in FL. I think they would be the easiest to invite.

Karen-W

The list should be:
  1. Reed/Ambrulevius - 2nd (IdF)
  2. Nazarova/Nikitin - 2nd (NHK)
  3. Shevchenko/Eremenko 2nd (NHK)
  4. Kazakova/Reviya - 2nd (CoR)
  5. Shanaeva/Naryzhnyy - 2nd (SC)
  6. Janse van Rensburg/Steffan - 2nd (IdF)
  7. Wagret/Souquet-Basiege
  8. Mueller/Dieck - 2nd (CoC)
  9. Skoptcova/Aleshin - 2nd (CoR)
  10. Ushakova/Nekrasov
Next would be Orihara/Pirinen, then Davis/Smolkin.

I don't know if any of the top ten are currently in North America, or how easy it would be for any of them to enter the US. If none of them can, then D/S could get the spot possibly.
R/A are at Budapest Trophy this week but they train at IAM, so they're NA-based and we know Reed has a US passport. M/D are in Moscow but they have German passports so getting into the US shouldn't be an issue. JvR/S train in Oberstdorf so there wouldn't be an issue getting into the US. Not use where the Ukrainians or French train, I assume the rest of the Russians are based in Moscow or St Petersburg.

meggonzo

Banned Member
I didn't think the host has to invite the next in line on the alternate list? I would put my money on Davis/Smolkin getting the spot.

Sylvia

TBD
"Daniil Samsonov withdrew from the stage in the United States [Skate America] for medical reasons. Daniil received a visa, but health problems, unfortunately, do not allow him to have time to prepare and take part," said Kogan.

Hanna

Skating junkie
I don't think TurVer is on the alternate list because they didn't make the FD at Worlds last year and missed a lot of comps the last full season due to injury.
I don't think this makes sense though, as there are plenty of other teams in the top10 who have competed even less. :confused:

RoseRed

I don't think this makes sense though, as there are plenty of other teams in the top10 who have competed even less. :confused:
No, I don't think so. In 2019-20, they only did one competition (Egna Dance Trophy), which didn't count for SB scores. In 2020-21, they only did Worlds, where they didn't make the FD and thus don't have a SB.

The replacement list from this season is done by SB scores from 2019-20 and 2020-21.

azcalder

R/A are at Budapest Trophy this week but they train at IAM, so they're NA-based and we know Reed has a US passport. M/D are in Moscow but they have German passports so getting into the US shouldn't be an issue. JvR/S train in Oberstdorf so there wouldn't be an issue getting into the US. Not use where the Ukrainians or French train, I assume the rest of the Russians are based in Moscow or St Petersburg.
I spoke with JvR/S at the LPIDI in Norwood. They spent six weeks this summer training in Novi with Igor's group.

Hanna

Skating junkie
No, I don't think so. In 2019-20, they only did one competition (Egna Dance Trophy), which didn't count for SB scores. In 2020-21, they only did Worlds, where they didn't make the FD and thus don't have a SB.

The replacement list from this season is done by SB scores from 2019-20 and 2020-21.
Thank you! I could have sworn that for example Ushakova/Nekrasov have showed up almost nowhere in the last couple of years. But I didn't check, it was just based on my memory. :lol: And it's a moot point anyway as based on this criteria T/V have no result at all.

Although has the system changed at some point because I could've sworn that in the previous years the SBs of the current season were taken into account when considering replacements? 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information