2021-22 ISU Grand Prix assignments announced

Sylvia

TBD
In the pdf grid on ISU GP section, they crossed out Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA's name from Rostelecom.
However, I believe they wanted to cancel Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA's name instead.
In the entry page for Rostelecom, it is Tursynbaeva who is gone (as expected)
Elizabet Tursynbaeva's name is crossed out on the Sept. 21st women's GP grid: https://isu.org/docman-documents-li...-files-40/entries-6/25937-entries-ladies/file

She posted her official retirement message on her Instagram 4 days ago (I just posted a machine translation in her fan thread): https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...eer-support-thread.105948/page-2#post-6064536

Sylvia

TBD
Han Yan's name (not surprising :() is crossed out on the Sept. 21st Men's GP grid: https://isu.org/docman-documents-li...ies-files-40/entries-6/25938-entries-men/file

Good news for Gabriele Frangipani?

ETA that all the other TBAs have been added to the grids as of Sept. 21:
Skate Canada
Conrad ORZEL

Internationaux de France
Romain PONSART
Coline KERIVEN / Noel-Antoine PIERRE
Evgeniia LOPAREVA / Geoffrey BRISSAUD

Rostelecom Cup
Maiia KHROMYKH
Mark KONDRATIUK
Elizaveta KHUDAIBERDIEVA/ Egor BAZIN
Iasmina KADYROVA / Ivan BALCHENKO

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting here from the French news thread (as of Sept. 21 Hamon/Strekalin are listed in the Pairs grid for Internationaux de
France):
So, it looks like Cleo Hamon is taking a break from skating for the moment... https://www.instagram.com/p/CUFihV4oaAG/?utm_medium=copy_link

This explains why H/S were replaced by K/P for Nebelhorn. All the best wishes for her health and well-being. They might not be competitive with the best teams in the world but they certainly are void in the best possible French way!

RoseRed

Should we be a bit concerned about NHK Trophy being cancelled?

I would hope that they would have canceled already if they were going to, like China did. This event is in January, so they're giving more notice. And this event was to be in Obihiro, which is on a different Japanese island than Tokyo, where NHK is supposed to be. Maybe that would make a difference?

But we'll see what happens.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Alternate check-in...

SB 19-20 Top 30 or WS Top 30 (who are not on JGP, with 0 or 1 spots), SB 20-21 top 24

Technically, this is the criteria after top 12 from Worlds... "and skaters with a top 24 Seasonal Best Scores (from either the 2019/20 or 2020/21 season) as well as those placed in the top 24 of the World Standings (from previous 3 seasons – 2018/19, 2019/20 and 2020/21) can also be invited. If available medalists from the ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships and the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final gold medalists can also be selected."

WOMEN (1 open spot in CAN and 1 in ITA)
Seoyeong Wi 1
Viktoriia Safonova 1
Yuhana Yokoi 1
Eva Lotta Kiibus 1
Starr Andrews 1
Nicole Schott 1
Alessia Tornaghi NONE (what is going on with her?)
Alison Schumacher 1
Alexandra Feigin NONE
Lindsay Van Zundert NONE
Josefin Taljegard NONE

MEN (1 open spot in ITA)
Andrei Mozalev 1
Sota Yamamoto 1
Boyang Jin 1
Petr Gumennik 1
Aleksandr Selevko NONE
Vladimir Litvintsev NONE
Brendan Kerry NONE
Gabriele Frangipani 1
Lukas Britschgi NONE
Konstantin Milyukov NONE
Nikolaj Majorov NONE
Maurizio Zandron NONE
Burak Demirboga NONE

PAIRS (1 open spot in ITA)
Hamon/Strekalin 1
Jones/Boyadji 1
Ghilardi/Ambrosini 1
Calalang/Johnson 1
Chetchetinina/Magyar NONE
Barquero/Zandron NONE
Wang/Jia NONE (maybe split?)
Keriven/Pierre 1
Lukashevich/Stepanov NONE
Metelkina/Parkman NONE
Matte/Ferland 1
Zhuk/Bidar NONE

DANCE (1 open spot in ITA)
Kazakova/Reviya 1
Muller/Dieck 1
Reed/Ambrulevicius 1
Davis/Smolkin 1
Shanaeva/Naryzhnyy 1
Nazarova/Nikitin 1
Taschlerova/Taschler NONE
Garabedian/Proulx Senecal NONE
Min/Eaton NONE
Popova/Byelikov NONE
Fear/Waddell NONE

Last edited:

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Seemingly, those ITA spots could go to Tornaghi/Beccari, Frangipani, Conti/Macii (as G/A are already in ITA), and Portesi Peroni/Chrastecky, but let's see what transpires...

Last edited:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Wouldn't any ITA assignments to their own GP fall under the Host status and not need to be on the alternate lists?

Really hoping that SCI invites Taljegard to fill Paganini's vacated spot!

RoseRed

Mana would have been higher on the combined SB list than Josefin, for the record. And she's a lovely skater who deserves a spot.

I'm not actually sure Josefin was even an option. The rules for replacement state:
The alternate list needs to be worked through in ranking order for the top 75 ranked Skaters/Couples according to their Season’s Best. All Skaters/Couples of the alternate list will be grouped in top ranked groups of ten Skaters, out of which the respective Organizing ISU Member may pick one Skater/Couple for invitation.
This season, they're using a combined SB list, and I don't think Josefin would have been in the top ten eligible skaters I have her around 20th.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Mana would have been higher on the combined SB list than Josefin, for the record. And she's a lovely skater who deserves a spot.

I'm not actually sure Josefin was even an option. The rules for replacement state:

This season, they're using a combined SB list, and I don't think Josefin would have been in the top ten eligible skaters I have her around 20th.
Oh, I was looking at @haribobo's likely alternates list that was posted earlier this week.

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Interesting, I was looking on the main page instead of reading the document, so I guess my rules were only for original assignments...so combining the SB lists- # of spots in parentheses

COMBINED 19-20 and 20-21 SB lists

1-10 Ranked
Seoyeong Wi 193 (1)
Viktoriia Safonova 192 (1)
Yuhana Yokoi 191 (1)
Mako Yamashita 189
***Anna Frolova 187.72
***Sofia Samodurova 187.16 (1)
Yeonjeong Park 186.58
***Elizaveta Nugumanova 186.02
Mana Kawabe 185 (1)
Eva Lotta Kiibus 184 (1)
-----------------
11-20 Ranked
Nicole Schott 182.71 (1)
Hanul Kim 182.50
Nana Araki 181.80
Emmi Peltonen 181.79
Jenni Saarinen 181.20
Starr Andrews 181.18 (1)
Lara Naki Gutmann 179.59 (1)
Marin Honda 179.26
Alessia Tornaghi 178.60
Josefin Taljegard 178.10

***RUS skaters, very unlikely to be used based on below...
Russia women are maxed with 3 spots everywhere but NHK where they have 2 spots filled so far. Japan is maxed at NHK, USA, and CAN. At ITA they have 2 spots filled and in FRA and RUS, they have 1 spot filled.

Last edited:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Interesting, I was looking on the main page instead of reading the document, so I guess my rules were only for original assignments...so combining the SB lists- # of spots in parentheses

COMBINED 19-20 and 20-21 SB lists

1-10 Ranked
Seoyeong Wi 193 (1)
Viktoriia Safonova 192 (1)
Yuhana Yokoi 191 (1)
Mako Yamashita 189
Anna Frolova 187.72
Sofia Samodurova 187.16 (1)
Yeonjeong Park 186.58
Elizaveta Nugumanova 186.02
Mana Kawabe 185 (1)
Eva Lotta Kiibus 184 (1)
-----------------
11-20 Ranked
Nicole Schott 182.71 (1)
Hanul Kim 182.50
Nana Araki 181.80
Emmi Peltonen 181.79
Jenni Saarinen 181.20
Starr Andrews 181.18 (1)
Lara Naki Gutmann 179.59 (1)
Marin Honda 179.26
Alessia Tornaghi 178.60
Josefin Taljegard 178.10
It's a shame FSU doesn't get to rank them by entertainment value; Josefin, Nugu and (IMO) Emmi would be at the top in addition to Lara.....

On My Own

It's really curious how Daniil Samsonov ended up getting two spots over some like Jin or Yan (both with one, before Yan WD), JWC Mozalev (with one), and Gummenik (again, one). What exactly did he do, besides training with Eteri?

RoseRed

There are a few skaters whose status I'm not sure (ie if they were submitted for GP spots or not in the first place), but here's my combined SB list for replacements. Pretty much the same as what Hariboo just posted.

1. Seoyeong Wi - 193.3 (NHK)
  2. Alexia Paganini* - 192.88 (WD from SC)
  3. Viktoria Safanova - 192.49 (CoR)
  4. Yuhana Yokoi - 191.9 (SA)
  5. Mako Yamashita - 189.25
  6. Anna Frolova - 187.72
  7. Sofia Samodurova - 187.16 (ITA)
  8. Yeonjeong Park** - 186.58
  9. Elizaveta Nugumanova - 186.02
  10. Mana Kawabe - 185.22 (SC)
  11. Eva-Lotta Kiibus - 184.27 (CoR)
  12. Nicole Schott - 182.71 (NHK)
  13. Hanul Kim - 182.5
  14. Nana Araki - 181.8
  15. Emmi Peltonen - 181.79
  16. Jenni Saarinen - 181.2
  17. Starr Andrews - 181.18 (IdF)
  18. Lara Naki Gutmann - 179.59 (ITA)
  19. Marin Honda - 179.26
  20. Alessia Tornaghi - 178.6
  21. Josefin Taljegard - 178.1
  22. Tomoe Kawabata - 177.86
  23. Ting Cui - 177.47
  24. Alexandra Feigin - 177.37
  25. Audrey Shin - 176.67 (SA)
  26. Hongyi Chen - 175.77 (ITA)
  27. Lindsay van Zundert - 174.5
  28. Alison Schumacher - 174.02 (SC)
*Paganini may be injured since she pulled out of SC
**Park may not have been submitted, because she was going for the JGP this season

I'm assuming these skaters were not submitted
  • Evgenia Medvedeva - 225.76
  • Alina Zagitova - 217.99
  • Viktoria Vasilieva - 198.79 (switched to pairs last season)
  • Anastasia Tarakanova - 194.74 (it's possible she was submitted, she's now retired but I'm not sure of the timing)
  • Serafima Sakhanovich - 178.27
And Alina Urushadze (179.5) and Seoyeon Ji (179.23) have done JGP events this season, so they aren't on the list.

In terms of the whole top 10 group, I don't know if skaters who are ineligible for a specific event (already 3 from that Fed or the skater is already assigned to that GP) are still in the group of ten and there are just fewer actual options to pick from, or does it go further down and include the top 10 actual options. I've normally assumed it's the latter, but I don't know for sure.

Events with 3 from a fed:
  • SA - 3 Russians, 3 Japanese, 3 Americans
  • SC - 3 Russians, 3 Japanese, 3 Canadians
  • ITA - 3 Russians
  • NHK - 3 Koreans, 3 Japanese
  • IdF - 3 Americans, 3 Russians, 3 French
  • CoR - 3 Russians

RoseRed

It's really curious how Daniil Samsonov ended up getting two spots over some like Jin or Yan (both with one, before Yan WD), JWC Mozalev (with one), and Gummenik (again, one). What exactly did he do, besides training with Eteri?
He had a high SB from his good JGP season that counted on the combined list. Jin's was higher than Samsonov's so I don't know why he didn't get 2 spots, but Samsonov's was higher than Mozalev and Yan

On My Own

He had a high SB from his good JGP season that counted on the combined list
I'd guess that applies to all four that I mentioned...

ETA:
Jin's was higher than Samsonov's so I don't know why he didn't get 2 spots, but Samsonov's was higher than Mozalev and Yan
Right okay. I hope it wasn't politics, anyway. Maybe Jin refused for whatever reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information