2020 Winter Youth Olympic Games, January 9-22 in Lausanne, Switzerland

Sylvia

TBD
Redirect tells me I don't have access... Is it a paid link?
Yes, a season pass subscription is required (check out the Board Business forum).

Article about Anna Kondrashova Levandi and her son :):

ETA the same article with different photos (including two of his father at the Olympics):
His coach and mother Anna Levandi (Kondrashova) is a two-time figure skating Winter Olympian (1984, 1988) and 1984 world championship silver medallist. His father, Allar Levandi, competed at three editions of the Winter Olympics (1988, 1992, 1994), taking bronze in the Nordic combined at Calgary 1988.

Last edited:

beaver_fan

I am a subscriber to her channel, has been made private since. Can't find it again.

beaver_fan

Sylvia

TBD
^^^ Thanks for posting the link! I spent some time looking on that website but somehow missed seeing that article!

Thank you to @shutterbug for posting this Richmond (B.C.) News article on USA's Liam Kapeikis who currently trains at the Connaught SC, coached by Keegan Murphy:

Sylvia

TBD
Here's Skate Canada's YOG team press release today:
“We’ve been aiming for the Youth Olympics for over a year now and it’s crazy to believe it’s already here,” said Natalie D’Alessandro and Bruce Waddell, junior ice dance team. “We’ve followed the amazing preparations for Lausanne 2020 on social media and are excited to be a part of this experience representing Canada. We are extremely proud to be team members of Canada’s next generation for this new decade!”
“Our NextGen athletes have been focused on training for the Youth Olympic Winter Games and we are proud to have a strong team representing Team Canada in Lausanne,” said Andre Bourgeois, NextGen Director, Skate Canada. “All our skaters are solid contenders and we are looking forward to hitting the ice at the Games.”
The 4 coaches are Andrew Evans (M/T), Andrew Hallam (D/W), Aaron Lowe (M/G) and Manon Perron (singles).

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
I was able to read this Boston Globe article on the 2019 U.S. Novice Pairs silver medalists, Cate Fleming & Jedidiah Isbell (making their junior international debut at YOG), on my phone:

ETA:

Team USA figure skaters are ready for the opening ceremony (pictured in 3 of the 4 photos here):

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Tomorrow's Opening Ceremony will be streamed by the Olympic YT channel here (not geoblocked, I assume):

In the US: On regular old-fashioned cable TV, Olympic Channel just showed the opening ceremonies tonight, to be repeated at 11PM Eastern. Three hours of same-day highlights begin tomorrow (10 Jan) at 8pm Eastern...to feature Figure Skating on Day 1, according to emcee Jimmy Roberts (Pairs & Men SPs)...Dance & Ladies SPs begin on Sat, 11 Jan, etc.

:cheer2: :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Last edited:

Colonel Green

Any idea which countries will have teams?
It's mixed nationality, the teams are assigned by random draw.

The gold medal team in 2016 was Dmitri Aliev, Li Xiangning, Sarah Rose & Joseph Goodpaster, and Anastasia Skoptsova & Kirill Aleshin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information