2020 U.S. Figure Skating Championships will return to Greensboro Coliseum in North Carolina

sk8nlizard

Does anyone know if the Sheraton has valet parking? And if not, where the parking is for the hotel (parking garage, parking lot, etc). I am coming to Nationals by myself and will be renting a car. With how late many of the events are, I am a little concerned if I have to park in a parking garage and walk.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Does anyone know if the Sheraton has valet parking? And if not, where the parking is for the hotel (parking garage, parking lot, etc). I am coming to Nationals by myself and will be renting a car. With how late many of the events are, I am a little concerned if I have to park in a parking garage and walk.

The parking lot is outside and adjacent to the hotel. If you go on Google Maps and use Street View you can see it.

Carolla5501

Not to mention that the place is full of skating fans so others will be arriving at the same time you are.

Debbie S

No garage, surface lot. And it's free. :) And yes, there will be plenty of fans around after the event lets out so no worries. I'm driving to Greensboro but decided to buy a shuttle pass for the convenience. In 2015, I drove to some nearby sights a couple times and I never had a problem finding a parking space close to the hotel door upon returning.

Debbie S

Debbie, how do you get a shuttle pass?
Here is the direct link: https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/greensborocoliseum/EN/buy/details/0GCUSFSS

This site doesn't seem to be connected to the regular Ticketmaster site, b/c my Ticketmaster login didn't work, I had to create a new one. But after I filled in all the info for the order, including my address, the confirmation page listed my old address (where I haven't lived for 5 years). No idea where that got pulled from, but if you've moved recently, check the address this site has in its record before you order. (I called the LOC and they got my address changed so I got the pass at my address.)

acraven

I was just coming here to ask the same thing! I have relatives with young children in the area who may be interested in seeing a few practices, especially now that the inexpensive novice events are no more.

euterpe

Here is the direct link: https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/greensborocoliseum/EN/buy/details/0GCUSFSS

This site doesn't seem to be connected to the regular Ticketmaster site, b/c my Ticketmaster login didn't work, I had to create a new one. But after I filled in all the info for the order, including my address, the confirmation page listed my old address (where I haven't lived for 5 years). No idea where that got pulled from, but if you've moved recently, check the address this site has in its record before you order. (I called the LOC and they got my address changed so I got the pass at my address.)

Thanks, Debbie---I got it!
They had my new address because I made my hotel reservation on the Event site after I'd moved.

A.H.Black

No leaks of the practice schedule yet?

Add me to the list of those anxious to see a practice schedule.

I would also like to know a ballpark figure/cost from the airport to the area around the arena

A.H.Black

The December newsletter announces a 10% discount on tickets - for those still deciding and/or looking.

I can't find a way to attach the screenshot. Maybe someone else can?

Carolla5501

The December newsletter announces a 10% discount on tickets - for those still deciding and/or looking.

I can't find a way to attach the screenshot. Maybe someone else can?

They post the newsletters at this link. https://www.ncskate2020.com/news-0

Didn’t see December yet but that may just be timing.

I was a little upset when I first saw this and then I realized that you have to go through Ticketmaster which means it was still cheaper for me to buy them direct at last year’s nationals then it is to do this nonsense. Ticketmaster fees are out of control

But this has happened several times and it does make me wonder why I bother to buy advanced tickets. Maybe it’s time for some of these people to realize it make more sense to offer the tickets at a reasonable price upfront? There have been events where I have actually waited to see if I can get a deal and wound up getting a great deal for some decent seats. It’s probably not going to work if you want front row, but in spite of USFS his optimism these events are not selling out. Maybe skate America if they can bring in Hanyu but other than that

A.H.Black

Special Ticket Discounts Available!

We are 22 days out from the start of the 2020 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships – January 20-26 at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex, Greensboro, NC, and the excitement is building exponentially! If you haven’t purchased your tickets yet, or you want to add to your previous order, we have a special opportunity for last minute shoppers. In honor of the start of the new year and the imminent nature of the U.S. Championships, you can take 10% off any ticket package purchase or single session tickets by following these instructions:

*To get 10% off on the purchase of any All-Event or Championship Weekend Ticket Package, follow this link or put the following link into your web browser.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/gr...home/0b738aa8652a66ebed71e6ae737b151e31729e53

This will provide you access to purchase packages at a discount. Then to get 10% off your package purchase, use the discount code USFSC10 (case sensitive).

*To get 10% off on Single Session Tickets, click here and use the discount code SPON10 (case sensitive)

We encourage you to take advantage of this special offer and join us for the greatest show on ice!

I couldn't get anything else to work so I copied and pasted.

Joubabe

I have just decided to stop in Greensboro for Thursday and Friday of Nationals as we head south for the winter. I went to the Ticketmaster site but wasn’t confident that I was reading the seating chart correctly.

Can someone tell me if the rows with the double letters, like BB are the ones closest to the ice? It seemed odd to me that the single lettered rows would be higher up.
Thanks much!

A.H.Black

I have just decided to stop in Greensboro for Thursday and Friday of Nationals as we head south for the winter. I went to the Ticketmaster site but wasn’t confident that I was reading the seating chart correctly.

Can someone tell me if the rows with the double letters, like BB are the ones closest to the ice? It seemed odd to me that the single lettered rows would be higher up.
Thanks much!
Yes the double letters are closer to the ice.

A.H.Black

Optimal seat selection? Or are there plenty of good seats left?
There are some good seats left - but not as many as I would expect. Greensboro has done a very good job of promoting Nationals and selling lots of tickets.

Carolla5501

Optimal seat selection? Or are there plenty of good seats left?

Depends on the events.. For some of them there are LOTS of good seats for others it's not as many options, but....you won't be in the nosebleed section (which I think is just blocked off anyway:)

Carolla5501

By the way I just noticed this on the webpage regarding ticket misprints on the All Event Tickets.

Session 10: There is a session description error on the Session 10 ticket. Session 10 is the Senior Ladies Short Program. The Session 10 ticket in the All-Event Ticket Package states Junior Ladies Short Program and this is incorrect.

Session 6 is Wednesday, January 22 not Thursday, January 23 as the tickets states. This thicket will be honored on January 22 for Session 6, Juniors Pairs Free Skate.

Sylvia

TBD
Jason, Madison/Evan, Alexa/Chris & Ashley:

Mirai helped promote Nationals in Greensboro last month:
Jeremy Abbott was there earlier, too:

Last edited:

twinsmom

I was just coming here to ask the same thing! I have relatives with young children in the area who may be interested in seeing a few practices, especially now that the inexpensive novice events are no more.
As far as I know, the only way you can get into practice sessions is with an all-event pass. If that's different, please let me know. I've often thought that arenas (or is it USFS?) should sell practice passes outside of tickets. It's really the practices that hook you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information