2020 U.S. Figure Skating Championships will return to Greensboro Coliseum in North Carolina

DreamSkates

Really enjoyed 2015 Nationals - my only Nationals experience. Not sure where I stayed but it was an easy drive to and from the stadium. The practice rink was in the same building as the main arena which made going back and forth from practices and events very convenient. I'll definitely have to consider this!
I live in a town @ 30 miles from the Coliseum. I stayed overnight, 2 nights. The hotels near the coliseum are brand names and reasonable. Remember airbnb. I've had good experiences so far, and spent less $ for lodging.
I plan to go - haven't bought tickets yet - but will likely stay over so I can take in every minute possible!
I will have my car so may be able to give some rides (meals).

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I think it's officially called Piedmont Triad, but if you search on airline websites, you can just type in Greensboro. I think it's about a half hour drive from the hotels and arena.

I was hoping for Charlotte or one of the other major cities.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
When will they announce the official hotels? I don’t want to drive.

If this does not work, I may consider Worlds in Montreal.

Carolla5501

I think it's officially called Piedmont Triad, but if you search on airline websites, you can just type in Greensboro. I think it's about a half hour drive from the hotels and arena.

GSO is the airport code. Very close. I have also flown into Raleigh but you need a car (I generally get one for Nationals in Greensboro as I am not going to use the shuttle)

Sheraton will probably be the official hotel. I expect the "spectator" hotels will be the ones close to there too.

my3sons

My friend ordered our tickets over a month ago. Today she emailed me that the charge never went through on her credit card so she emailed somebody and they had no record of her order. She called the number they sent her and was able to order the tickets. She didn't ask where our seats are, though. We ordered the $550 tickets.
You may want your friend to call. They initially assigned me to EE when there were plenty of seats closer just one section over. In fact the whole row of CC was open in my section. They were very helpful with the change I think they figured the section was more important to me the than the row because I didn't prioritize it on the form. I still don't know why they didn't put me in CC though.

Moto Guzzi

You may want your friend to call. They initially assigned me to EE when there were plenty of seats closer just one section over. In fact the whole row of CC was open in my section. They were very helpful with the change I think they figured the section was more important to me the than the row because I didn't prioritize it on the form. I still don't know why they didn't put me in CC though.
We have Section 126, Row KK, Seats 1-2.

Carolla5501

Hotels are on their website.

Sheraton - Offical Hotel $195
Other options
O'Henry $279
Holiday Inn Greensboro Coliseum $150
Doubletree $125

O'Henry is nice but not that nice for Greensboro!

Carolla5501

Beware the cancellation policy--no refund of first night.

Personally I never book via the 'official website' just for this reason. I find the "terms" not user friendly, but it does tell you which hotels are "official" for shuttle etc....

dds262

And your point is....
Anyone experienced members willing to pm with me with newbie questions regarding Greensboro? Been on FSU for about 20 years ( was it called that back then?) I lapsed membership while I was in grad school, but am wanting to get an all event pass for Greensboro... located near western NC and will be driving, hoping to get plans in place now regarding seats and hotel, then deal with details...much later...

Carolla5501

Hotels are on their website.

Sheraton - Offical Hotel $195
Other options
O'Henry $279
Holiday Inn Greensboro Coliseum $150
Doubletree $125

O'Henry is nice but not that nice for Greensboro!

Just a note. Since I got charged for the rest of the ticket package yesterday I figured I better look into a hotel. The "Standard" rate on Marriott.com which is refundable until a few days before check in is averaging $201 a night at the Sheraton. If I had been willing to go with refundable for Thursday - Sunday the rate was lower than the "official" rate. Double check before you hit buy!

(I actually went with a new TownPlace Suites that's in that area for an average of $123 a night. Free breakfast, hotel is new this June, good location and since I will be driving I don't need the shuttle)

Sylvia

TBD
Championship Weekend Ticket Package will be going on sale tomorrow morning (Friday, May 17) at 10am EDT.

From the email I received today:

A Championship Weekend Ticket Package includes five Senior-level competitive events and the Skating Spectacular, for a total of 6 ticketed sessions.

The Championship Weekend Ticket Package features five competitive events featuring senior skaters, the top level of skating athletes in the country. Four of those events will be medal rounds, where national champions in Ladies, Men, Pairs, and Ice Dance will be crowned. Also included will be the Opening Ceremonies, Men’s Short Program, and the Skating Spectacular. The Championship Weekend Ticket Package sessions will include one session Friday night, January 24; 3 sessions on Saturday the 25th; and two sessions on Sunday, January 26.

Debbie S

Just got an email from USFS about weekend package sales that included a weekend daily schedule (with the caveat that everything is subject to change). It looks like they are keeping the same schedule as Detroit, with the Ladies FS on Friday night, the Pairs FS and Men's SP on Saturday afternoon (no mention if anything is going to be split), the FD on Saturday night and the Men's FS on Sunday afternoon.

DreamSkates

Just got an email from USFS about weekend package sales that included a weekend daily schedule (with the caveat that everything is subject to change). It looks like they are keeping the same schedule as Detroit, with the Ladies FS on Friday night, the Pairs FS and Men's SP on Saturday afternoon (no mention if anything is going to be split), the FD on Saturday night and the Men's FS on Sunday afternoon.
I've been looking at the weekend package, since I'm not interested in juniors.
Last 2 times in Greensboro, my ticket was Thursday night-Sunday night - included Ladies short. I am very disappointed to miss that - not available with the weekend pass.
Will there be individual tickets for say, just Thursday night?

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
FYI, the Downton Abbey exhibit will be in Asheville, NC from Friday, November 8 - Tuesday, April 7.

So if you are traveling to nationals, you could add this on if you could stay in the general area another two days or so.

Moto Guzzi

Have they sent out anything with the full schedule? A friend and I purchased all-event tickets, but I have yet to see a full schedule. Trying to decide how many nights to book at hotel and when to schedule flights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information