2020 Russian Junior and Senior test skates

mjb52

Just watched her short and Valieva is something special. I hope she won't be put under too much pressure, but she is really stunning. I can see why they had her skate here, even though I had slightly mixed feelings about it.

antmanb

Totally random shallow thoughts:

Empress Tuk is dressed as She-ra for her short so (as if she wasn't already) she is my gay icon for life :swoon:

How is it that Kolyada was missing with an injury and has come back looking younger than when he left? Seriously the shorter hair makes him look even younger. His skating is even more :swoon: than before.

In skating observations I really liked Trusova's programmes, the LP seems like a mishmash of nonsense musically but she skated really well to the three different sections.

Tinami Amori

And today Trusova would win if this was a competition.
I think Valieva would win if this was a competition. But there are no "ifs". The Russian Federation, for the first time in a long time, did not have the judges scoring the Test Skate. On the other hand, there are many skating professionals, who are singling out Valieva as the most impressive (Byanova, Zhulin, Bestemianova, Averbuch... articles available), and all are saying they are quite impressed with Shcherbakova and Trusova, praising different aspects of skating in each one.

So, no... Trusova did not win this one. She was one of the three most impressive.

mjb52

I hope Kostornaya can turn things around. I didn't like the first part of her short but the second part was a little better. There is an interesting philosophical question here about how we see ourselves and our strengths and how we wish to be perceived by others vs. what others see as our greatest strengths and areas of potential. She doesn't seem to have liked the program that made her so popular and would prefer to do something else. She has every right to do that obviously, but it's hard to see as a skating fan because I loved that program. Anyway, it is very early in the season and I'm curious to see what she comes up with for her free.

Does anyone remember what the music for her short would have been if she'd stayed with Eteri? It was the free that was the "lovely" themed music but had they announced her short?

Sylvia

TBD
Thanks to @Ka3sha posting this 33-minute video link in GSD!
Channel 1 ‘Behind the scenes’ video from the test skates

Article by @Eislauffan:

RuFed website's recap with photos:
Photo report:

Olga Ermolina's YT channel has 11 videos featuring skaters from the Junior test skates a month ago: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDUtVEy6dcIS0NsC9Uex8hQ/videos

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information